Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

I have been saying it since forever that he's overrated and his clean sheet record in spain is highly misleading. Now that he has less protection and being put in unfamiliar terittory where he has to make multiple saves per game, he's being found out. The amount of protection he got at Atleti was beyond ridiculous. in most games, he rarely has to make a single difficult saves as their opponents are usually reduced to just speculative efforts, long range shooting and no chance at all majority of the time.

Haven't said that, I like his command of the penalty area and the way he imposes himself physically.

On a side note, People won't appreciate just how good and important Cech is until he's gone.

Atletico look a shadow of their former selves defensively this season, they looked like conceding every time they didn't have the ball in Greece.

Furthermore Courtois showed in Genk that he can flourish without a protective system, he made many saves in the closing minutes in the title decider when if he let as much as one in, title was gone.

I can understand the argument for Cech being better, but Tibo has well and truly earned the status he has.

I think any keeper would struggle to keep a clean sheet in our current system...

its True.... However, I dont consider thibo to be the unanimous choice for 2nd best goalkeeper in the world....

and if anything, not better than Cech....

its True.... However, I dont consider thibo to be the unanimous choice for 2nd best goalkeeper in the world....

and if anything, not better than Cech....

No, it's definitely not unanimous. To me Cech and Thibaut are on the same level. Neuer is ahead of both though. They do together make up the top 3 goalkeepers in the world however IMO.

No, it's definitely not unanimous. To me Cech and Thibaut are on the same level. Neuer is ahead of both though. They do together make up the top 3 goalkeepers in the world however IMO.

I think its Neuer, than

a group of Cech, Thibo, De Gea, Lloris (not in any particular order).

I would say Buffon, but I only watch Italy games and not Juve ones...

I think its Neuer, than

a group of Cech, Thibo, De Gea, Lloris (not in any particular order).

I would say Buffon, but I only watch Italy games and not Juve ones...

That is also a fair assessment. Didn't watch Italian football much last year but from what I heard Buffon had one of his best years, so yeah, I guess the elite group of goalkeepers out there would include those that you've listed.

That is also a fair assessment. Didn't watch Italian football much last year but from what I heard Buffon had one of his best years, so yeah, I guess the elite group of goalkeepers out there would include those that you've listed.

I guess people have differing views on Buffon cause from what I've heard is that he has been on a decline and wasn't on the same level he once was.

Honestly I think Neuer is the best with Tibo and Cech as the next 2. The other keepers are a rung below on the list.

I think to place the blame solely on him is unfair as our defence hasn't been sorted out yet this season. For example, no way should he have to be relied on for the Schalke goal. Rami should have just fouled the ball carrier on the halfway line.

Im talking about that one more clean sheet he might make. I know he pulled some quality saves, but sometimes a gk just doesnt let anything in, no matter what. Cech saved several shots in certain games and that gave us clean sheet, no matter how difficult and impossible it was. Courtois was usualy half protected by defence, this time he was not and conceded. Cech was also unprotected in defence in certain games, but still saved those games. Im not saying Courtois wasnt good enough, but he will have to get some games when he will keep anything despite a shitty defence. Even if you call them miracle saves. This is what truly world class gks do and Im sure Tibo will do it at one point.

Got a headache trying to make sense of this post

He should defy physics? Cus that's what you're saying

What's blinding peoples views is the are looking at goals conceded only and relating that to Tibo. It really isn't the case, he was badly positioned for the Eto'o header at Everton and the rest of the goals he had little chance with.

But whatever suits your agenda I suppose, if it makes you happy.

Im talking about that one more clean sheet he might make. I know he pulled some quality saves, but sometimes a gk just doesnt let anything in, no matter what. Cech saved several shots in certain games and that gave us clean sheet, no matter how difficult and impossible it was. Courtois was usualy half protected by defence, this time he was not and conceded. Cech was also unprotected in defence in certain games, but still saved those games. Im not saying Courtois wasnt good enough, but he will have to get some games when he will keep anything despite a shitty defence. Even if you call them miracle saves. This is what truly world class gks do and Im sure Tibo will do it at one point.

Are you honestly comparing a 10 year career with a 5 game one?

Thats why i'm baffled when people try and judge who's the best keeper based on clean sheets... so many different variables come in to play.

IMO he's better than Cech mainly because he's more agile, faster and much better at dealing with crosses.

True, but Petr's anticipation and positioning is still better (arguably the best in the world) and his technique is slightly better as well. It's pretty close overall, but you have to go with Thibaut for the age difference. Although, I am very glad that Petr is staying for Courtois' firsts season here.