test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Domino-

13. Thibaut Courtois

Started by Domino-,

6,569 posts in this topic

Apparently him/his agent and the club have put contract talks on hold to towards the end of the season. Or that’s what the rumors are.

I don’t see any issue, his deal expires in 2019, why is everybody so concerned the club should be looking to achieve as much as they can this season then deal with the contracts. There’s talk of Madrid and Tibo but there’s been talk of Madrid before he even made his first competitive game for Chelsea. It’s nothing new. Come the latter stages of the season I reckon 3 or 4 players will be close to sealing new deals. Strengthening in January has got to be top priority at CF and LWB.

I think the clubs also probably concerned about possibly having to find another manager at the end of the season, personally don’t think Conte will go but if the January transfer window doesn’t show some sort of push towards who Conte wants as opposed to the club then that along with rumors of Italy, Milan, PSG, whoever else wanting him, Carlo’s availability and apparent willingness “to work at Chelsea” again who knows?

22 hours ago, Leif said:

Once again, he doesn't give a shit about the club

Based on what? Plastics like you clearly get more enjoyment attacking Chelsea players/board/manager than from supporting Chelsea. 

The media hate Chelsea, if you blindly believe what they say about Chelsea, you will look stupid. 

7 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Apparently him/his agent and the club have put contract talks on hold to towards the end of the season. Or that’s what the rumors are.

I don’t see any issue, his deal expires in 2019, why is everybody so concerned the club should be looking to achieve as much as they can this season then deal with the contracts. There’s talk of Madrid and Tibo but there’s been talk of Madrid before he even made his first competitive game for Chelsea. It’s nothing new. Come the latter stages of the season I reckon 3 or 4 players will be close to sealing new deals. Strengthening in January has got to be top priority at CF and LWB.

Not a major concern at present but if we get to the later part of the summer without an extension the power is fully in his court. If you look at Ozil and Sanchez, as soon as the season starts its been inevitable that they are 1) going cheap in Jan or 2) walking for free in the summer. The sooner this contract is tied up the better  

On 22/11/2017 at 7:40 PM, Tomo said:

Tbh im not too bothered with the other 4. If we go into 19/20 with any of them as starters then something is seriously wrong.

Out of that list I’d only keep Cesc due to his profile/skill set being quite rare. 

Antonio Conte says Thibaut Courtois Chelsea contract 'for the club' to sort

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/chelsea/story/3282668/antonio-conte-says-thibaut-courtois-chelsea-contract-for-the-club-to-manage

Get it sorted Chelsea board we are heading down Liverpool or arsenal path if we can't keep are best players ffs we need to keep the likes of Courtois and hazard 

In an interview with Marca in September 2016, the 25-year-old said that he "fell in love" with Spain during his time in Madrid and revealed that he still considers himself "half-Spanish."

with that statement lads I think hes going to leave us I'm just praying Real don't want him and that they want DDG instead :(

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

Out of that list I’d only keep Cesc due to his profile/skill set being quite rare. 

Problem with Cesc is, when he's not physically on point he's practically useless despite his rare skillset, he has had some pretty horrific performances that are only going to get more frequent. Some point soon i can see a Malouda esque snap where he becomes useless almost over night.

I think running down his contract is the best option for all parties.

On 23/11/2017 at 10:06 AM, gadget said:

Not a major concern at present but if we get to the later part of the summer without an extension the power is fully in his court. If you look at Ozil and Sanchez, as soon as the season starts its been inevitable that they are 1) going cheap in Jan or 2) walking for free in the summer. The sooner this contract is tied up the better  

Yeah that’s true but I don’t think the club from a business standpoint would allow that to happen like what’s going on at Arsenal where they could lose two of the best players they’ve had in the last 5-10 years on a free. Just don’t think our club would be willing to accept that. If the players aren’t happy or want to make the move I’d imagine the board will want to recoup as much money as possible, come the summer I think we’ll have new deals sorted for everybody, even if Hazard or Courtois or whoever doesn’t necessarily want to stay long term I imagine the club will be more than aware and in the best position to extract a high fee. Look at Luiz, Mata, Matic, Costa we’ve sold these guys in the past for high fees, usually we sell very well from a financial point of view, apparently we’ve made more money from selling players than anybody else since the PL was introduced.