Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Tibo never actualy proved that he is better than Cech. He just put ultimatum to club either to play in first 11 or leave for atletico. 

The boy has damn lot to prove, he has quality, but his confidence is low and his head not focused. 

When we had Cech, you knew he will be reliable, with Tibo, you cant tell.

I don't agree with people saying Cech was reliable. He was never reliable since his head injury. Cech is always afraid to leave the goal and catch the ball which led to a lot of goals at Chelsea. And look at Arsenal now. He makes a lot of mistakes. Talking about Courtois, he looked like a great goalkeeper in his 1st season at Chelsea. He was close to Neuer and De Gea level but these 2 are head and shoulders above Courtois now. Still wouldn't want Cech instead of Courtois.

On 12/09/2016 at 9:42 PM, Styles said:

His time at Atletico coincided with them having an unbelievable defensive set-up. Courtois was better protected than any other goalkeeper in Europe. He was solid in the first year at Chelsea - I wouldn't say brilliant but to each their own.

But what world class keeper do you know that hardly ever makes a telling contribution? A penalty save here? A crucial stop there when we're under the cosh? He hardly ever does these things. That's what separates the good from the truly world class. He's no better than Begovic.

As for Cech, he had his head caved and in my opinion, was better than Courtois is now during those 'bad years'.

Cechs first few years here he had the best defensive set up in English football history protecting him, also the one time he played behind an underperforming defense here (under AVB) coincided in the worst form of his career especially that game vs Arsenal when he had five shots to deal with and let them all in.

Im happy with the choice we made and despite that I do admit there's valid arguments both ends, but it's a bit harsh to cite the defense at Leti considering Cech benefitted from an even better back line, also I don't think Cech would have coped any better last season the way we defended.

13 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

Some guys seem to be of the opinion that Henderson's strike could have been saved? Looked impossible to me, though.

No goalkeeper would have saved that, not even Neuer, it was that good and milimetric.

6 hours ago, Essien19 said:

Some guys seem to be of the opinion that Henderson's strike could have been saved? Looked impossible to me, though.

He tried saving it with the wrong hand? He went with his right, didn't he? MIGHT have gotten a touch and tipped it over if he had gone with his left.

He tried saving it with the wrong hand? He went with his right, didn't he? MIGHT have gotten a touch and tipped it over if he had gone with his left.

I agree with your point. Look at the replay again. When Henderson got the ball Courtois knew he might shoot from there yet he failed to position himself. Similar to the goal he conceded against Sunderland last season.

Sent from my TECNO P5 using Tapatalk

According to Whoscored, 

Courtois has saved only 5 of the 11 shots on target against Chelsea this season. 

I know how hard I have to think to remember which game he saved us out of trouble, but it's either the stats is making him look average or he's one of the most unlucky keepers I've seen in my life. 

Genuinely believe his performance levels decreased in the last couple of years, but on the other side I also know he was pretty sick on his Atletico days, so that doesn't tell much does it ? 

Hit first season here was top class, had a few blips but he was top 2 in the league, at the moment he is still world class, maybe not top 3 in the world as he was at some point but he is still a great keeper. 

The main downgrade compared to Cech is his concentration and defensive organisation, thinks Courtois needs to work on that, our defence is already terrible but if besides that we don't have a proper organisation from the keeper ( mainly on set pieces ) then we have big big issues, I really believe Cech always made the guys in front of him defend better than they would do without him there ( which again, doesn't say much because Cech is probably one of the most intelligent keepers/players around as you can see from his interviews ). 

Genuinely believe his performance levels decreased in the last couple of years, but on the other side I also know he was pretty sick on his Atletico days, so that doesn't tell much does it ? 

Hit first season here was top class, had a few blips but he was top 2 in the league, at the moment he is still world class, maybe not top 3 in the world as he was at some point but he is still a great keeper. 

The main downgrade compared to Cech is his concentration and defensive organisation, thinks Courtois needs to work on that, our defence is already terrible but if besides that we don't have a proper organisation from the keeper ( mainly on set pieces ) then we have big big issues, I really believe Cech always made the guys in front of him defend better than they would do without him there ( which again, doesn't say much because Cech is probably one of the most intelligent keepers/players around as you can see from his interviews ). 

I think his time in Madrid made him look better than he actually his. You aren't going to concede many when you play in such a setup.

Wasn't actually talking about his number there, my feeling about his experience in Atletico is mainly based on his actual saves, he really had a capacity of producing miracle saves at some points, which he doesn't seem to have anymore, or at leasr slightly less.