Marko Marin

Melanicus

People should stop overpraising Hazard and underestimating Marin. Yeah Marin didn't win Player of the Year in the league he was in but so did Mata and Ramires for instance. It's our job as fans to have faith in each new player that comes in.

It's better if he's underestimated, makes his impact (when he makes it) feel a whole lot better ;)

It's better if he's underestimated, makes his impact (when he makes it) feel a whole lot better ;)

True, but being really negative doesn't help... We should have more balanced feelings about the new players and not judge them just yet. :)

I disagree. The lad hasn't even played his 1st minutes for Chelsea and half people from here didn't watch him at Werder. Yes, if he struggles to establish himself then he will probably be coming on from the bench, but if he does well, I'm pretty sure RDM will give him more chances. It's really down to Marko and how well he does. Just because that he is not a big name, is having Kalou's 21 and we didn't spend a lot of money it doesn't mean that he will surely be a bench warmer.

Even Kalou had his chances throughout the years. Lots of times when he came on as a sub and did well, he would get more minutes afterwards which he usually failed to make the best of.

Failing to make an impact for two seasons, that's a good reason for people to not be so highly confident don't you think?...

Can this mean then number 11 for Hulk?! :blue scalf:

Moses has number 11 at Wigan. We want Moses. Number 11 at Chelsea is open.

Well dont have too big hope for Hulk with 11 on back, there is also Lukaku who might get 11 at

some point.

Some people should stop overpraising Hazard and underestimating Marin. Yeah Marin didn't win Player of the Year in the league he was in but so did Mata or Ramires for instance. It's our job as fans to have faith in each new player that comes in.

He did not win the player of the year award because he did not play at all! How can you compare him to mata and ramires they were starters at CL clubs. Marin did not play for a werder team that did not get in to the euro league!

He did not win the player of the year award because he did not play at all! How can you compare him to mata and ramires they were starters at CL clubs. Marin did not play for a werder team that did not get in to the euro league!

He played last year, while he was injured this season for long time. That is reason why he didnt play.

He played last year, while he was injured this season for long time. That is reason why he didnt play.

He would not have played even if he was fit i have been following the bundes liga for over 10 years and he has not lived up to his potential. Because of that he hasnt been used a lot! The only season he played good was the one with ozil after that he has not played that well! What has to be said is that schaaf played him out of position. But marin is a player that has lots of potential but has not been showing it over the last 2 years. That is why the media in germany and switzerland were so suprised that chelsea bought him. Chelsea normaly buys players that have been playing for there clubs not like marin. In germany most people dont expect him to make it here but somehow people in england that have not seen much of him are convinced. But hey he has potential and could make it but just dont expect it!

Moses has number 11 at Wigan. We want Moses. Number 11 at Chelsea is open.

No, I doubt that would happen. The number 11 is one of the most famous and popular numbers in the football business, hence it's very marketable which makes it very suitable for big signings. And tbh I don't consider Moses a big signing.

No, I doubt that would happen. The number 11 is one of the most famous and popular numbers in the football business, hence it's very marketable which makes it very suitable for big signings. And tbh I don't consider Moses a big signing.

I have seen worst, Di Santo had 9 at Chelsea, Lass had 10 at Real for some time, Valencia got iconic Uniteds 7,...

My point is that Moses could easily end up with 11, if he will express wish to wear that number.

After all, 10; 9; 7; are most famous numbers, but for example; Zidane had 5 at Real Madrid, then Cannavaro, then Gago and now Coentrao. Even such iconic number, yet it wasnt kept for next super star they bought.

I wouldnt mind if Moses gets 11, that would only mean that he has destiny to become one of greatest.

He would not have played even if he was fit i have been following the bundes liga for over 10 years and he has not lived up to his potential. Because of that he hasnt been used a lot! The only season he played good was the one with ozil after that he has not played that well! What has to be said is that schaaf played him out of position. But marin is a player that has lots of potential but has not been showing it over the last 2 years. That is why the media in germany and switzerland were so suprised that chelsea bought him. Chelsea normaly buys players that have been playing for there clubs not like marin. In germany most people dont expect him to make it here but somehow people in england that have not seen much of him are convinced. But hey he has potential and could make it but just dont expect it!

The important thing which we agree on is that he does have potential, and that's quite enough. You said he played well alongside Ozil, ok great, now he has Lamps, Mata and Hazard so who knows? Maybe he'll become even better.

And earlier I wasn't comparing Marin to Mata and Ramires, I was just saying that just because the player isn't hyped it doesn't mean he'll be a flop.

I have seen worst, Di Santo had 9 at Chelsea, Lass had 10 at Real for some time, Valencia got iconic Uniteds 7,...

My point is that Moses could easily end up with 11, if he will express wish to wear that number.

After all, 10; 9; 7; are most famous numbers, but for example; Zidane had 5 at Real Madrid, then Cannavaro, then Gago and now Coentrao. Even such iconic number, yet it wasnt kept for next super star they bought.

I wouldnt mind if Moses gets 11, that would only mean that he has destiny to become one of greatest.

Remember the ever-powerful #9 Sidwell? :D ...Or Boulahrouz, but actually he wasn't bad to be fair.

After a legend like Drogba leaves your club you don't give "his" number to a role player. You just don't. Moses would be stupid to ask for #11 as the expectations would highly increase by the time he enters the Stamford Bridge for the first time.

As hard as it may sound Zidane was just one of many superstars in Madrid, so that doesn't really count IMO. Handing Raul's number 7 to Ronaldo was far more critical.

I don't really believe in destiny. You could of said the same thing about Torres when he was given Ossie's #9, yet he failed to make us proud.

Saw this on twitter:

"I was told a club called Liverpool declared interest in me. I had to google them to see who they were." - Marin

good man. :tophat:

IF that was from Twitter, then it's probably BS. Have seen loads of people fabricating quotes like that to take a dig on other clubs. Quite pathetic really.

In short, do not form any perception on Marin just yet. Wait till he plays and then judge him.

Think he will surprise people here...

Exactly...and even more than that, wait until he plays 5-10 games or so to judge him. I hate the "he had a bad first game, so he's crap" or "he had a great first game, so he's a world-class player".