Guus Hiddink: I work for Chelsea

Guus Hiddink still works for Chelsea

The 64-year-old Dutchman has admitted that he has been advising the Chelsea board for the past two years ago after helping the club win the FA Cup in his brief spell as temporary manager. He has combined his Chelsea consultancy with his job as Turkey manager.

Confirmation of Hiddink not cutting his ties with the Chelsea hierarchy despite Ancelotti's arrival in 2009 has come to light following an approach from PSV Eindhoven for his services as an advisor. Turning down the PSV offer, Hiddink revealed:

"Since leaving Chelsea two years ago I've still been advising the club on things concerning the squad. It's not been taking all my time. I have been able to combine that with my job as Turkey manager."

Now Abramovich wants the Dutchman to be more hands on as he prepares to ditch Ancelotti .

Abramovich knows he has to move swiftly because Hiddink is also wanted by Ajax as an executive director .

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/248101/Guus-Hiddink-I-work-for-Chelsea

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guus Hiddink still works for Chelsea

http://www.express.c...ork-for-Chelsea

He is the man to lead us to CL trophy and to sexy football.

Hiddink is also one of the greatest coaches ever, he still has unfinished business in football. He deserve more than managing mediocre national teams, as hes been doing in last years.

I hope they stick with Ancellotti.

Hiddink is top-class and I admire him but I can't see how his comeback as our manager would benefit the team on the long-run. I mean, he's 64, has publicly talked about retirement on several occasions and is not really known for staying with one team for a long period of time.

Chelsea are going to need someone like SAF sonner or later if they're to stabilize themselves. I really thought that Ancellotti was the man and still do despite this season's disappointment. The team should give him at least one more season and some squad reinforcement.

It's believed Hiddink would prefer a director of football role at Stamford Bridge with a younger coach working under him with Marco van Basten and Frank Rijkaard in the frame .

The poorest combination

Hiddink is being portrayed as some sort of super man here, Barca were there for the taking, He told the players to sit back, got punished, wouldn't mind but our Chelsea team under Hiddink was streets ahead of that United team.

He also heavily advised the club to dish out £18m on Zhirkov. He's worth about £4m.

Hiddink is being portrayed as some sort of super man here, Barca were there for the taking, He told the players to sit back, got punished, wouldn't mind but our Chelsea team under Hiddink was streets ahead of that United team.

He also heavily advised the club to dish out £18m on Zhirkov. He's worth about £4m.

After Ancelotti fucking with his football off course he is worth only 4m, but before that he was worth 18m.

After Ancelotti fucking with his football off course he is worth only 4m, but before that he was worth 18m.

What the fuck did you want him to do? Malouda was in the form of his life, Zhirkov got playing when either Ashley Cole or Malouda got injured, Did alright both times, We didn't need him.

Stop trying to blame everything on Ancelloti, Zhirkov was all but bought before Ancelloti came to Chelsea.

I must admit though, Even though it kills me, I can see Carlo leaving the club as soon as tomorrow. If the board are going to make a decision it would have been made by now.

Thats because we never really exploited his talent :(

Blame Hiddink for signing Zhirkov. <_<

And Ancelotti can't say anything about Hiddink's role really. If Ancelotti wanted to be anything more than just a coach he would have never taken the Chelsea job so he is perfectly fine with others being in charge of transfers.

Guus make Roman sign that player.

He is the man to lead us to CL trophy and to sexy football.

Hiddink is also one of the greatest coaches ever, he still has unfinished business in football. He deserve more than managing mediocre national teams, as hes been doing in last years.

How arrogant can you be?