Guus Hiddink: I work for Chelsea

What a lot of you guys need to remember is Guus Hiddink's time with us was merely 4 months, yes it was good but its the equavilent of a rick vein of form, under Avram between the beggining of October and the end of January our run of form was similar (1 defeat in 4 months, ironically both times in North London)

What if Guus comes back and we hit a horrible run of form at Christmas again, how do you know he wont be walking around the dugout wondering what the hell to do?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me crazy, But would it be possible that Roman never forgave Ancelloti for losing to Mourinho, and delibratily sacked Wilkins to hinder our season so he could eventually sack Carlo?

I wouldn't go that far, IF it is true what if Guus comes back and loses to Jose 1 year and Carlo the next, what then?

I wouldn't go that far, IF it is true what if Guus comes back and loses to Jose 1 year and Carlo the next, what then?

Hence Roman buying Torres, and if Carlo is sacked other top players in the summer. Maybe he was afraid that Torres would be for sale, and Madrid would buy him? I know Nando has connections with Athletico and all that, But could he turn away the success that could be coming Madrids way?

Hence Roman buying Torres, and if Carlo is sacked other top players in the summer. Maybe he was afraid that Torres would be for sale, and Madrid would buy him? I know Nando has connections with Athletico and all that, But could he turn away the success that could be coming Madrids way?

Yes he would.

I think some people have misinterpreted this article.

It's not saying we're lining up to have Hiddink as our next manager, should Ancelotti be fired. It's saying, since his departure 2 years ago, he's still been in that Technical Director role. He may have been working in tandem with Ancelotti for all we know.

It's well known he's said he won't take the Chelsea job, as long as he's employed by the Turkish national team. However he has said, if they fail to Qualify for Euro '12 then he'd resign. Which could very well be this summer. If you ask me, would I have Hiddink in the vacant Chelsea manager role? I'd say yes. His call-up of Tore for the national squad demonstrates his willingness to play youth & I believe he'd build for the future..

I also believe he can inspire confidence. As much as I love Ancelotti I always find him very monotonous. Hiddink's English is very good! He can change his tone and this is why I think if we're 2-0 down to Manchester United at half-time he'd know exactly what to say to get the players motivated again. Not that I'm trying to disrespect Carlo.

Just check his interview post-Barcelona to see how emotional he gets in a game.. http://youtu.be/InvtH3OqU8o?t=1m39s

Edited by LDN Blue

It's not saying we're lining up to have Hiddink as our next manager, should Ancelotti be fired. It's saying, since his departure 2 years ago, he's still been in that Technical Director role. He may have been working in tandem with Ancelotti for all we know.

It's well known he's said he won't take the Chelsea job, as long as he's employed by the Turkish national team. However he has said, if they fail to Qualify for Euro '12 then he'd resign. Which could very well be this summer. If you ask me, would I have Hiddink in the vacant Chelsea manager role? I'd say yes. His call-up of Tore for the national squad demonstrates his willingness to play youth & I believe he'd build for the future..

didier-Drogba-and-guus-hiddink-pic-getty-635050109.jpg

If Carlo goes ill put money on Roman wanting Guus for next season then Guus "goes upstairs" when Villas Boaz becomes avalible.

If Carlo goes ill put money on Roman wanting Guus for next season then Guus "goes upstairs" when Villas Boaz becomes avalible.

Maybe.

Though I don't like the idea of spending a season "waiting" for Villas-Boas. Though I do believe Hiddink is capable of building for the future, we'd waste an entire season.

Maybe.

Though I don't like the idea of spending a season "waiting" for Villas-Boas. Though I do believe Hiddink is capable of building for the future, we'd waste an entire season.

If were stupid enough to let Carlo leave id happily "waste" a season for Villas Boaz, mark my words he is going to be the greatest manager alive, he has already broke a ridiculous amount of records and is only 33 emo8.gif

I don't think Abramovich would try and sabotage his own club. Yes, he likes to get involved - but he should know the point of having a coach is to do the footballing administration, not for the owner to try and take over.

If were stupid enough to let Carlo leave id happily "waste" a season for Villas Boaz, mark my words he is going to be the greatest manager alive, he has already broke a ridiculous amount of records and is only 33 emo8.gif

Yeah he's done well in his first season, but with this club, he'd have to retain the Portuguese league title & their cup & win the Champions League. Not that I'm doubting his qualities, but I don't want us to hire Hiddink for 1 season, knowing if Villas-Boas fails next year, we'd have a similar situation to now where no-one knows the future of Hiddink and blah blah

He dedicated EL win to Sir Bobby Robson.

I don't like how another manager is advising the board on the squad. Wonder what Carlo thinks about that, or if he knows exactly what Hiddink has say in.

He advised us to sign zirkov.

I hope he advises roman on the importance of continuity.

I also believe he can inspire confidence. As much as I love Ancelotti I always find him very monotonous. Hiddink's English is very good! He can change his tone and this is why I think if we're 2-0 down to Manchester United at half-time he'd know exactly what to say to get the players motivated again. Not that I'm trying to disrespect Carlo.

Just check his interview post-Barcelona to see how emotional he gets in a game.. http://youtu.be/InvtH3OqU8o?t=1m39s

Well.. He is dutch. Obviously his english is good. About half the television is broadcasted in English over there.