Why Neymar is a must

Well if we can't have a strong English presence in our team, then it's better that we have Brazilians instead of multinationals if you catch my drift. Luiz, Ramires, Neymar and Piazon are future internationals for Brazil, and having all of them in our team is better then having a squad full of random players, who only see each other on national duty when their countries face.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if we can't have a strong English presence in our team, then it's better that we have Brazilians instead of multinationals if you catch my drift. Luiz, Ramires, Neymar and Piazon are future internationals for Brazil, and having all of them in our team is better then having a squad full of random players, who only see each other on national duty when their countries face.

we have problems with the ANC ...losing players in the middle of the season . Problems could arise from the travelling involved with Qualifying

games in South America

Football clubs do not have any obligation towards producing "home-grown" players, just as players have no obligation to play for a team within their nation of birth. I don't really care if the players come from West London or the West Indies; if they're good enough, they're good enough. (Sorry for being :offtopic:)

As for Neymar, that policy stands. He is kind of a brat, but he is also a brilliant young footballer that could add needed dimensions to this side as long as his...uh, impulses were kept to a minimum. Personally, I think his more brazen actions are due to his age, and he will grow out of it (I hope).

Personally Id love it if we signed him. He is versatile (can play on the wing of a front 3) and has the skill, pace and trickery we have badly lacked this season, he has the ability to change a game in an instant, a very rare kind of player. I wouldn't even consider it a gamble, I think he would succeed wherever he goes, England or not but if it doesn;t work out for him at Chelsea he is young enuogh and popular enuogh so that he has resale value.

In 4 years time we could be laughing.

If Neymar reaches his potential he will be one of the best around, picture this in 2014 clubs across europe are starting bidding wars of £40-50m for the hottest properties around but Chelsea are sitting pretty with Neymar and Sturridge picking themself's up 25 goals a season each.

Basically we must try everything in our power to bring this lad to Stamford Bridge and he is the one we should get above any one else this summer.

Pretty much the most appealing point you've made...when was the last wonderkid that Chelsea has bought or produced within the last couple of years? Kakuta is not at that level yet, sorry to burst bubbles here. In 4 years time I want a player still young on our team that has the experience and postture of a world class player (Ronaldo at Utd, Messi at Barca) ..NOT players that are nearing mid 30s and looking for temporary replacements every time we fall short. The rebuilding process takes time to implement and if we don't seize this opportunity to sign a player with such heavy upside such as Neymar, I can only imagine us paying up to double for some next player in the near future, and we all know how effective it is putting a new player mid way through the season is to the current squad.

Indeed, it would be a nice thing for a best player on the world to play for Chelsea, and not for Manu/Barca/Real for example :)

As for his personality,

He's 19 years old, biggest talent in whole South America (you can add North there to, they ain't good at Soccer, so basically biggest talent in whole of America), one of the biggest clubs in the world (read: us) tried to sign him, and he is the biggest star in his club. Oh, and all(or most) girls(of his age) fall for him. I believe that he would need to be one hell of a guy if he would have a same personality as Kakuta for example while being all this. I'm not sure that he would've archived all these things if he was a bit different. Sometimes, sole knowledge of football is not enough to be a great footballer.

(you can add North there to, they ain't good at Soccer, so basically biggest talent in whole of America)

It's a disgrace, I'm sure school teams in the UK can beat up the MLS. Maybe that's a little too far but you get my point, very poor exposure in this country.

And yes, he has potential to be one of the biggest brands in the footballing industry. Maybe even in sports in general.

Don't they train together at Cobham?

Don't they train together at Cobham?

Yes they train together, but look at Barcelona for example. Puyol, Pique, Busquets, Villa, Pedro, Xavi and Iniesta all play together in the first team. There would be no way that Spain would've won WC if it wasn't for Barcelona CORE doing the work there.

Yes they train together, but look at Barcelona for example. Puyol, Pique, Busquets, Villa, Pedro, Xavi and Iniesta all play together in the first team. There would be no way that Spain would've won WC if it wasn't for Barcelona CORE doing the work there.

Barca are a traditional club. Three of those al local lads. I don't know why should we help Brazil win the WC. Shouldn't an English club help England win it?

Shouldn't an English club help England win it?

I'm simply saying all this because we already have 3 of them, with 1 coming in january, and another one very close of coming. Of course I don't want our club becoming Chelzil, but that's 4/5 regular internationals for the Brazililan national team.

OK, but I still don't get why the most of our team must be Brazilian.

I didn't mean that most of our team should be from Brazil, but that it is better to have 5 brazilians who know each other and play for their national team, then having 5 random players who are not as close as that.

Will Neymar blend into our team more easier now when we've got Luiz and Ramires? Would he sign for us if we didn't have a single Brazilian? I am not sure that answer is no, but surely the chances were slimmer.

I didn't mean that most of our team should be from Brazil, but that it is better to have 5 brazilians who know each other and play for their national team, then having 5 random players who are not as close as that.

Will Neymar blend into our team more easier now when we've got Luiz and Ramires? Would he sign for us if we didn't have a single Brazilian? I am not sure that answer is no, but surely the chances were slimmer.

5 Brazilians=samba in dressing room. At least Alex and Ramires are serious. David isn't. :D