A Few Ideas to how 11/12 could work without any 'big' signings!

433.jpgdiamond.jpg4231.jpg

Al inside black squares are 'like-for-like replacements in the line-up.

After a disappointing year, had to cheer myself by looking at the positives of how things can become with this squad...these are a few quick drafts of line-ups/formations to how we could dominate the league with a mixture of youth,experience,skill,big-game players etc.

Leave your agreements/disagreements and your own line-ups and formations

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's Essien/Mikel? They're no doubt better than McEachran defensively. Benayoun, not good enough to be a starter imo. But I like the idea of playing Luiz as a defensive midfielder.

And no matter what, the club should make big signings in the summer. We can't risk another trophyless season next year.

made the mistake of putting 10/11 (this year) rather than 11/12, anyone know how to change that?

I think Essien will leave and i personally am not a fan of Mikel, also Yossi is the creative player, wouldnt be used every game but he could be our 'Ji-Sung Park' in my opinion the big game player?

We don't need new players. Maybe a goalkeeper to challenge Cech, but that's it! We have quality players, who are performing now (we got from 5th to 2nd in a few months guys!) and good youth. Josh McEachran IS ready, you guys just think that he isn't because he is young and hasn't played much for the first team. Regardless, a few starts in Pre-Season and a few good matches at the start of the season; and hey, he'll be better! Gosh. :/

We don't need new players. Maybe a goalkeeper to challenge Cech, but that's it! We have quality players, who are performing now (we got from 5th to 2nd in a few months guys!) and good youth. Josh McEachran IS ready, you guys just think that he isn't because he is young and hasn't played much for the first team. Regardless, a few starts in Pre-Season and a few good matches at the start of the season; and hey, he'll be better! Gosh. :/

Oh come on, next season without signings while players such as Neymar, Sanchez, Mata, Aguero, Lukaku, Pastore, Hamsik, Ganso, Dzagoev, Van der Wield, Snejider, Robben, Coentrao and some other are all possible to bring? Nope, we are going to spend big in this summer transfer period, and especially knowing the policy of our club I am sure of this.

We do have quality players, but would you rather have Neymar and Sanchez as your wingers instead of Anelka and Malouda?

As for a GK, you shouldn't forget young Delac.

It will be enough for a 5 spot. Im serious, this isnt realistic at all. We want at least to win the PL, imo this isnt enough.

The last one is nice though, it will be ok for most league games, but not against the big teams.

In case we arn't going do purchase anyone in the summer, i would go for this-

----------------------Essien-----------------------

ramirez/McEachran-------lampard

-------Sturridge----------------Malouda------------------

--------------------Drogba/FT

And put Luiz as a DMF could be fantastic actually. We gotta try it, in this case Essien can play in is favourite position.

we should only be looking for maybe 1 or 2 player tops . People act shocked that borini is leaving Sturridge is thinking about it and so is Cork .Yet the same people think we should be spending 100 million on new strikers or midfielders ? we need to bring mceachran into the first team and the promise of first team football for borini. We should be targeting one creative midfielder tops such as modric or one winger , we dont need any defenders or strikers

Unless our midfield suddenly wakes up from sleep with an ability to create chances creatively then we still need some quality signings. The strike line i'm not so worried about since Sturridge will be back so we will have depth in that position.

McEachran is not quite ready in my opinion. He just needs to bulk up a little bit more so that he can make those tackles which you get in the Premier League. However, there is nothing wrong with giving him a few substitute appearances and playing from a young age can be benificial- look how well Jack Wilshere is doing.

McEachran is not quite ready in my opinion. He just needs to bulk up a little bit more so that he can make those tackles which you get in the Premier League. However, there is nothing wrong with giving him a few substitute appearances and playing from a young age can be benificial- look how well Jack Wilshere is doing.

i personally think he is ready or if he isn't quite the only way he will get there is by playing. The one thing we miss is composure , short passing and creativity all three of this best qualities : )