Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

all those blown points versus truly SHIT teams is going to be the death of us

we should be in 3rd place by 5 to 10 points

Not for me. If anything, we over achieved in the beginning of the season. Those results papered over the cracks of how easily we can get exposed, which teams are now figuring out. 

We are a 5th/6th place side with Hazard. Without him, we are genuinely 8th -11th. 

12 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Without him, we are genuinely 8th -11th. 

name 5 teams who would be better than us (not the other top 5)

especially after we sack old smokey

if no Hazard we would add a replacement, and after bans we add players

only team who could, atm, make a move to be a true top 6 is Wolves, IF they add 4, 5 top players and lose none (Neves will be gone next summer or the one after and that destroys any hope of a consistent top 6)

there simply isnt enough other teams at that level

Everton and Watford? lolol

Leicester will never be at that level

literally all the rest are yearly potential relegation battle level teams on any given year

Liverpool win it. The amount of luck and that.. Plus way they play... 

We're where we should be. The fact we've only really moved briefly from 6th is telling. This side and manager are not champions league capable.  If Man U didn't start with Jose they'd be miles ahead 

53 minutes ago, Vesper said:

for us, on paper

the make or break game is at Manure

Manure (if they beat us) and  the yids only have 1 hard as hell game each

v Shitty

we have 2

the 2 Manc teams

Arse have none

so on paper

it really is all about that Manure game

obviously not all will work out to form for all 4 of us

but if it does

that Manure game is (provided we do not win EL) for the CL next year

and even winning that wont be good enough IF Arse and the yids win out save for the Shitty game for spuds

they will still both finish above us

it really is all about the EL, barring some crazy upsets of those other 3 and us winning all but the shitty game

On paper - these are the keywords. Anything can happen in the Premier League. :)

Let's support Newcastle tomorrow, secret agent Rafa and Kenedy might surprise Arse.

MU and Liverpool will have tough Champions League games in April, their energy/focus might be more divided than ours. I knoiw, I am also overly optimistic, I can't help it but I firmly believe we will beat either MU or Liverpool.

23 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Liverpool win it. The amount of luck and that.. Plus way they play... 

We're where we should be. The fact we've only really moved briefly from 6th is telling. This side and manager are not champions league capable.  If Man U didn't start with Jose they'd be miles ahead 

They are ridiculously lucky this season. This win, the Everton one, all the penalties, own goals, Klopp-time goals(yeah this is a thing now).. They had like 5-6 wins this season which was as lucky as our one today.

17 hours ago, Vesper said:

name 5 teams who would be better than us (not the other top 5)

especially after we sack old smokey

if no Hazard we would add a replacement, and after bans we add players

only team who could, atm, make a move to be a true top 6 is Wolves, IF they add 4, 5 top players and lose none (Neves will be gone next summer or the one after and that destroys any hope of a consistent top 6)

there simply isnt enough other teams at that level

Everton and Watford? lolol

Leicester will never be at that level

literally all the rest are yearly potential relegation battle level teams on any given year

Wolves would eclipse us and we'd be fighting Leicester for 8th at best. 

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Wolves would eclipse us and we'd be fighting Leicester for 8th at best. 

your maths do not add up

you said 8th to 11th

lets say Wolves does keep team together and add 4 or so upgrades

that leaves us in 7th, and I so doubt Leicester will be able to keep some key players, plus you would need another team above us and Leicester if we are 'battling for 8th' as Wolves only makes 6 teams above us both

Many big teams will really come after Chilwell, Ricardo Pereira, Wilfred Ndidi, Youri Tielemans (who is only on loan anyway), James Maddison, and Demarai Gray., maybe Harry Maguire too. I dont see how they will hold onto many of them, they are a selling club.

Also, if we do not get a window, I just dont see us selling Eden, unless it is a HUGE offer, and RM is looking at many other layers as well, so I dont see them tossing £100m for Haard when they can but other much needed players and get him on a free in 15 months 

finally to get to 11th place, THREE other teams beyond Wolves and Leicester would also have to leapfrog us

there just is not that many good teams in the EPL to do that consistently

the only way we collapse for 3,4,5 years is if we (and this IS a possibility, a true nightmare, if Abramovich is actually in liquidation/cash draw-out mode due to sanctions) lose CHO, lose Eden, Pulisic is a bust and Roman completely turns off the cash for any transfers of worth. At some point, if he does try that, the outrage would be so high that the EPL and the FA might step in (only if it was blatant beyond all doubt). Newcastle's cunt of an owner is treading a thing line already in that direction, but he always tosses out just enough cash to keep the PTB at bay.

Just now, Vesper said:

your maths do not add up

you said 8th to 11th

lets say Wolves does keep team together and add 4 or so upgrades

that leaves us in 7th, and I so doubt Leicester will be able to keep some key players, plus you would need another team above us and Leicester if we are 'battling for 8th' as Wolves only makes 6 teams above us both

Many big teams will really come after Chilwell, Ricardo Pereira, Wilfred Ndidi, Youri Tielemans (who is only on loan anyway), James Maddison, and Demarai Gray., maybe Harry Maguire too. I dont see how they will hold onto many of them, they are a selling club.

Also, if we do not get a window, I just dont see us selling Eden, unless it is a HUGE offer, and RM is looking at many other layers as well, so I dont see them tossing £100m for Haard when they can but other much needed players and get him on a free in 15 months 

finally to get to 11th place, THREE other teams beyond Wolves and Leicester would also have to leapfrog us

there just is not that many good teams in the EPL to do that consistently

the only way we collapse for 3,4,5 years is if we (and this IS a possibility, a true nightmare, if Abramovich is actually in liquidation/cash draw-out mode due to sanctions) lose CHO, lose Eden, Pulisic is a bust and Roman completely turns off the cash for any transfers of worth. At some point, if he does try that, the outrage would be so high that the EPL and the FA might step in (only if it was blatant beyond all doubt). Newcastle's cunt of an owner is treading a thing line already in that direction, but he always tosses out just enough cash to keep the PTB at bay.

Ok. Then we are a 7th place team without Hazard. 

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Ok. Then we are a 7th place team without Hazard. 

not if we upgrade and strengthened the overall team (which would happen after the bans)

if the bans are deferred we could do something like this, IF we were bold enough, and this team below, with NO Eden is infinitely better than the one we have now, and is far more flexible in terms of systems as well

27 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I feel like the only reason Arsenal are ahead of us is having two midfielders with end product in Ramsey and Ozil. 

Barkley and Kovacic wish they could of done what Ramsey just did there. 

Özil has been meh this year and has only played 1666 minutes all comps, only 1249 league minutes so far

Ramsey only had 3 league goals coming in (granted he has not been an every-game starter)

the main reason they are where they are, IMHO, is those 2 great strikers

if they had a decent back 4 they would  in 3rd by ten points, Emery has done an amazing job the those shit CB's and fullbacks they have

we have just had pure dross at striker since Drogba, other than 2 decent years for Costa (he was shit on that 10th place Mo team)

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Özil has been meh this year and has only played 1666 minutes all comps, only 1249 league minutes so far

Ramsey only had 3 league goals coming in (granted he has not been an every-game starter)

the main reason they are where they are, IMHO, is those 2 great strikers

if they had a decent back 4 they would  in 3rd by ten points, Emery has done an amazing job the those shit CB's and fullbacks they have

we have just had pure dross at striker since Drogba, other than 2 decent years for Costa (he was shit on that 10th place Mo team)

Agree. Lacazett and Aubameyang are serious motherfuckers, I would sign any of them in a minute.