Chelsea Officially Signed Willian

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now let's stop crying about adding him when it wasn't needed and start salivating at the possibility that we now have the best LW, CAM and RW in the EPL. RIDICULOUS!!!

Hazard and Willian - ugh, so much pace, dribbling and creativity!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10263639/Manchester-United-v-Chelsea-Rene-Meulensteen-on-his-fantastic-12-years-of-doing-the-best-job-in-the-world-at-Old-Trafford.html

“There were good players like Willian, a player who can make a difference, a player that people come to the stadium to watch. A good character too. I made United aware of him straight away when things were going belly-up. 'Have a look at him,’ I told them. At the top level you need to refresh at the right time. Like Van Persie with us last year.

Interesting.

Moyes will hit an iceberg soon with his cruiseship lol

The repetitive we have enough AM totally miss the point that we Don't have enough RM/RW.

But if you want to give yourselves strokes in your teenage years just because you don't understand something it's your choice and could be talk chelsea' s gain.

Now let's stop crying about adding him when it wasn't needed and start salivating at the possibility that we now have the best LW, CAM and RW in the EPL. RIDICULOUS!!!

Hazard and Willian - ugh, so much pace, dribbling and creativity!

Hell yes, starting to like this signing more and more!

with all due respect to some(!) members of this community, but you guys should watch a little bit more football... i see people wondering "where he'll be playing since we have Oscar, Schurrle, De Bruyne already", "why we spend this kind of money since we have tons of attacking midfielders", and so on. cmon guys, are you serious?....

first of all - with all due respect to our players, but Willian is way better than Oscar, Schurrle, Moses and KDB. The question should be: "where will KDB and Oscar be playing if Willian signs?".

second of all - open you eyes guys! Chelsea do have real problems on the right wing! There is a dead end there, we are unable to create something on the right wing, there isn't a top class right winger in our team. When Hazard's game isn't working, we're dead on the wings. Villa game proved this. Moses is a natural RW, but he's only a decent player, Oscar is shit on the RW, KDB played there but he is more of a playmaker. Willian will just fill that gap.

And I repeat myself - there are guys here talking about where he'll be playing... he'll be a starter for sure because he is way better than Oscar and KDB. I know you love this two guys and I like them, too, but Willian is from another league. Believe me when I tell you. This guy's a wizard, I've been watching him since his first days in Europe.

Hazard-Mata-Willian will tear apart every defence in EPL. So much pace, so much creativity, two wizards on the wings. We can't wait for Hazard to be the only winger in every match, we need someone else, too, to step up when Eden will be having a bad game. Stop favouring Oscar and KDB and be realistic - we need Willian, we need a guy like him on the right wing.

I agree with pretty much all of it.

I will say tho I Don't think Willian is a better player than Oscar .he's just a better option for RM/RW. Oscar I think will evolve to play from a deeper position in Midfield.

Say if we dont sign Willian, and then Hazard or gets injured. Who do we have in our current squad who can dribble with the ball the same way Hazard can? Schurrle isnt that kind of player, KDB the same and Moses (regardless of his pre-season) is shit. This signing makes perfect sense.

Why do people keep saying he'll be on the right wing? Could've sworn his most effective and natural position was LW? Hence Spuds bringing him in as Bale's replacement.

I think Hazard will be on the right with Willian on the left.

Say if we dont sign Willian, and then Hazard or gets injured. Who do we have in our current squad who can dribble with the ball the same way Hazard can? Schurrle isnt that kind of player, KDB the same and Moses (regardless of his pre-season) is shit. This signing makes perfect sense.

Schurrle is very much that sort of player. Schurrle had 3.2 2 dribbles a game last year. Besides, you can't build squads with backing up every sort of player. Do we need a backup for a fast, defensively sound midfielder in case Ramires is hurt? This is especially when you have holes and lack of backups all over the pitch.

30m is a lot of money to piss off Spurs.Jose,we don't need him.

I don't get this at all. We had too many attacking midfielders before and we spend big to get another? And an insanely overpriced one at that. Chelsea have now spent something like 150m pounds on attacking midfielders in the last three years. Something else is going to happen or this makes no sense at all.

I just don't get it... Stupid transfer... We really don't need him... :blink: Mata, Hazard, De Bruyne, Oscar, Moses and Schurlle were enough quality and enough quantity for 3 attacking midfielders... And also Lampard and Ramires are capable to play this position...

What is it you guys dont understand?

We only have ONE pure RW. Competition is good. Why are you against improving the squad?!

LW: Hazard, Schurrle

RW: Willian, Moses

CAM: Mata, Oscar + KdB (who can also play RW)

One important thing will happen when we buy Willian; we wont have to deploy players to the wing when they are more suited to play behind the striker (ie mata/oscar).

tbh at the beginning I was clearly against it, but now I begin more and more to like it. we really lacked someone on the RW and he will be definetely better than Oscar or KDB on it. but one of KDB/Mata/Oscar has to leave then. I cant see 3 people competiting for 1 spot throughout a world-cup season. And out of these 3, either Mata will be sold or KDB loaned out. osar will stay quite surely. I hope that adding Willian will make it easier for our strikers because we wont get a proper striker anymore I think.

Why do people keep saying he'll be on the right wing? Could've sworn his most effective and natural position was LW? Hence Spuds bringing him in as Bale's replacement.

He can play LW, RW and AM. Him and Hazard will be interchanging all game.

Schurrle is very much that sort of player. Schurrle had 3.2 2 dribbles a game last year. Besides, you can't build squads with backing up every sort of player. Do we need a backup for a fast, defensively sound midfielder in case Ramires is hurt? This is especially when you have holes and lack of backups all over the pitch.

If stats meant anything then Torres is the best striker in the world after winning the golden boot in both the Euro's and Confederations cup. Schurrle is unproven in the premier league.

If stats meant anything then Torres is the best striker in the world after winning the golden boot in both the Euro's and Confederations cup. Schurrle is unproven in the premier league.

What the hell are you talking about? Torres had a few good games against crappy teams. You can't judge a players' ability on those stats. Schurrle has had seasons worth of play where has shown the ability to dribble. It's called sample size. Ask 10 voters they're likely voting patterns is pointless. Ask 1,000 and it's meaningful. You don't seem to see the difference. 3.2 dribbles a game means that Schurrle can dribble. You said we don't have anyone to replace Hazard who can dribble and Schurrle plays the same position and can dribble and we clarly do. Yes, he's unproven in the Premier League, but he's proven in a much better league than Willian.

The signing of Willian itself could make sense if it weren't for the insane cost (basically about double what he should cost), It would also make sense if, in the last 2 years, we also hadn't have spent 18M on Schurrle and 25M on Oscar and 16M on KDB and Moses. This what people don't seem to understand. No team is going to regularly play 6 attacking midfielders so Willian will play instead of Kevin De Bruyne or Schurrle. Last year, we had 3 regular AMs and Moses who barely played. Our 4th AM almost never played. Now, we've added 3 more players to the position? Let's say we have 50 meaningful games this season. (not including early domestic cup or games in CL once you've already advanced sort of games) That's 150 starts overall for attacking midfielders. Let's say Mata starts 40, Hazard 40, Oscar 35, That's 35 starts for Schurrle, De Bruyne, and Willian which is nothing. Will the team be better with Willian getting those minutes over De Bruyne? Maybe, maybe not, but it's insane to me to spend 32M pounds plus high wages for what is, at most, a very slight upgrade.

Near post op.

i think the bad blood between Scum and us was evident two summers ago, when Levy refused to sell Luka Modric to Chelsea in the face of a £40m offer and the midfielder's desire to go. Abramovich does not like Levy, while there is friction between Mourinho and Villas-Boas...

So,,it's revenge though??? Get the fuck off scum...