Chelsea Officially Signed Willian

I think they've signed him because only Hazard from the three we have behind the striker has any sort of pace. Oscar is no slouch but his pace is different its more of a midfielders burst but Willian has sustainable pace and he has a good cross from the left flank he can also see a pass. At the end of the day we are going to play an absolute shit load of games and we all know what the Christmas period is like ! Kevin and Oscar are both versatile enough to play in the pivot next to Ramires..... Willian can play right across the 3 behind the striker. Imagine if we lose Hazard to injury ? He's the only player we have who is fast behind the striker we'd be easy to defend against. Moses is on his way in my opinion !

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People need to understand that those that are not really as supportive of this transfer as others are are not actually saying Willian is a bad player.

I've made my concerns known but it doesn't mean I think Willian is rubbish. I actually rate him as a player - it's the ramifications surrounding the signing that's bothering me.

No one actually dislikes the player - the concern is aimed at the actual transfer. You don't need to explain to us that he's a good player.

People need to understand that those that are not really as supportive of this transfer as others are are not actually saying Willian is a bad player.

I've made my concerns known but it doesn't mean I think Willian is rubbish. I actually rate him as a player - it's the ramifications surrounding the signing that's bothering me.

No one actually dislikes the player - the concern is aimed at the actual transfer. You don't need to explain to us that he's a good player.

Exactly what I have been trying yo point out. Had we not signed schurrle, this would have been a great signing but at this point in time its a bad signing

You Willian haters will be eating your words when Hazard, Mata, Oscar, De Bruyne, and Schurrle are injured at the same time. Luckily, we'll be able to play Willian, Moses, and Ramires in the attacking band in that emergency.

Like that's ever going to happen. You do realize that the odds on all five being injured at the same time is basically equal to the odds on me shagging Mila Kunis tonight and waking up the next morning to a text message saying I've won the lottery?

Spending £30m on a sixth choice AM who's only desperately needed in case of severe injuries (essentially how you just described the player and his role in the team) would be beyond ridiculous and the idea of him becoming a key player by driving one of our current quality players away doesn't sound that good to me either.

You need to get your head straight, there's no such thing as a 'Willian hater' out there, unless we're talking about Spurs fans, but that doesn't mean we have to be overly excited about the signing and not to worry about what might happen to some of the players we've already grown to love. Of course now that he has signed every single one of us who opposed to this transfer will support him no matter what and acknowledge the fact that we are talking about a lad who's very, very talented but are we not allowed to share with you our concerns about what kind of impact this signing can potentially have on the rest of the squad?

Thanks. There are three other positions that need upgrades and we are spending big money on a position where we have an abundance of talent. What is this other than very very stupid ? We weren't interested in Willian till now and it seems Mourniho made a strong push to acquire him. It obviously means he doesn't rate one of our creative midfielders. This signing is only going to make headaches. How do you juggle so many players in midfield ?

What I don't understand is why couldn't we have spent some extra money in signing a world class striker rather than spend it on a position we don't need at all. So if we end up signing WIllian and Rooney, we would have been much better off spending that money on Cavani or Falcao.

Im quite sure that Willian will be in the starting Eleven most of the time.

He is an asset... he is an 8 goal 15 assist kinda player.

In his time from 09 to now :

Total: 156 apps 29 goals 51 assists

Remembering he isnt 21 anymore ..... This is him.

Hazard is younger n better, Oscar has a different skill set, Kdb is younger and has 10/9. So ... These guys will still grow. Exciting to have all this :-)

I for one am very happy for Willian, he finally fulfilled his dream of playing for his boyhood club, truly inspiring. I just know that he's gonna give it his all and become a fan favorite here. Welcome Willian Borges da Silva, we wish you all the best

This thread is getting depressing now. 108 pages of people saying it's a stupid signing, followed by people saying that people saying that its a stupid signing are just being stupid, followed by people saying that people saying..............well you get the picture.

The boy has signed and is now a Chelsea player. What we need to do now is show him our support and hope that he can put in brilliant performances for our club. There's no point in continuing all this in house arguments because it's becoming tedious. Lets just get behind the lad

I for one am very happy for Willian, he finally fulfilled his dream of playing for his boyhood club, truly inspiring. I just know that he's gonna give it his all and become a fan favorite here. Welcome Willian Borges da Silva, we wish you all the best

are you for real with this "boyhood club" thinkg or is this sarcasm?

are you for real with this "boyhood club" thinkg or is this sarcasm?

Well there were actually reports around the time we played Shakhtar in the CL last season of Chelsea being his favorite team, coupled along with the major excitement he expressed after being signed by us.

Okay, okay.. I belong to the not-so-excited group, but Willian is a great addition and potentially could be one of the best... Whether it's a Jose transfer or not, supporting new players is a job that us fans should always do... Even if we don't like the player, we should support him for a fair amount of time until he fits in 100% and show us everything he can do.

A loan for Moses could make sense but we'll see.

That was some digging up. I was delighted when RDM left by the way.

I know. No hard feelings, man.