Josh McEachran or new playmaker?

Tomo

35 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer next season?

• a new playmaker in
    • just blood Josh McEachran in that role

All this talk about a new playmaker, Pastore, Hamsik and even Kaka have been mentioned and i personally wont be disapointed if we dont get any off them why? because we have our very own lad chomping at the bit and he goes by the name of Josh McEachran.

Dont get me wrong i rate all those players we have been linked with highly but what is the point of splashing out on a creative midfielder when we already have got a sensational HOME GROWN starlet who has out shone most of the experienced stars when fielded this campaign?

Josh has everything and you have to be some-one special to regually get in the 1st team squad at the age of 17, correct me if im wrong but the City game was the 1st time he hasn't atleast made the bench since our 3-1 victory at Upton Park in September, he always maintaines high passing rates and the fact he was our only youngster not loaned out speaks volumes. His hunger can't even be questioned as despite regular 1st team appearances this term he still has the hunger to go and play in our youth cup campaign.

As i stated above i rate the likes of Pastore, Kaka and Hamsik highly but what is the point of splashing £30+ million on a creative player when we have one that is fit, hungry, chomping at the bit for action and best of all cost absolutely nothing?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is, Ancelotti's not using Josh as a playmaker. He's using him as a defensive midfielder & for that reason I've voted new playmaker. Unless Carlo plays him in that playmaker role, we'll still have a gap there.

Problem is, Ancelotti's not using Josh as a playmaker. He's using him as a defensive midfielder & for that reason I've voted new playmaker. Unless Carlo plays him in that playmaker role, we'll still have a gap there.

My point, Carlo should play him further forward, leave the deep-lying stuff to Mikel and if he aint playing Ramires, Josh should go further forward and cause havoc we saw what he did to Newcastle.

Playing him in the deep lying role will limit him and i really dont want his attacking instincts killed off by the time he's 20.

So please Carlo play him further forward smiliecap1.gif

I really like Josh but i think a new playmaker would be better for the club. I don't see carlo playing josh regularly for a few seasons yet so i think a new playmaker would be a good option. Benayoun is not the solution by the way.

He will be a playmaker for us, but next year is too early. Too much pressure on such a young guy.

He still needs to develop. We still need him to make mistakes, learn from them and improve. You shove him into such a tough role and a few mistakes can really weaken his mentality.

I really like Josh but i think a new playmaker would be better for the club. I don't see carlo playing josh regularly for a few seasons yet so i think a new playmaker would be a good option. Benayoun is not the solution by the way.

Indeed, I don't see Josh getting consistent minutes yet next season so we'll have to see what happens with our current midfield since players like Yuri, Malouda may leave this summer.

i feel right now the mentality at the club is to win, win and keep winning titles, championships ... in that mode i dont see young players getting more chances unless they do something very different, like the loanees playing exceptional to force them into the playing 11. eg Sturridges and the Kakutas. More over Carlo is not grooming him as a playmaker but as a defensive midfield which again doesnt really make sense because Essien is the best in there who can be backed by Ramiers anytime who can play ever where. I have always felt the need that we need a playmaker/creative midfielder and maybe Josh is suited to it to the core but i dont see him making first team for a few season now (i wish i m wrong). Other thing we would be going into the market because Roman now wouldnt settle for a second place at this moment after spending so much only on new players.

I would love to see Josh going out on loan within the Premier league and not anywhere else where he can get more game time or rather starts to harness his skill (he is got loads of potential to be warming the bench). And in a way it would be a test of his potential to show that he belong in the 11 and also if he has a good season i m sure he gets drafted into the playing after a season which otherwise mite take a few.

So right now would to see Josh as a playmaker but i dont think it is happening at the moment, we would be going into the market to get one

He is not being groomed as a defensive midfielder. He's being played there so that he gets more time on the ball and doesn't become very susceptible to hard challenges from the opponent's defence. It's an exercise in getting him comfortable on the ball in a first team scenario while still allowing him to display his passing range and close control.

I'm perfectly satisfied with the way he is being introduced into the team, and it is something the coaching staff deserve credit for. They're handling him with kid gloves and not throwing him in at the sharp end in a bid to appease the crowds who can't wait to see him as some sort of attacking messiah.

As regards next season, like it's been mentioned already, it'll be too early for him to be handed that role. So we should get a new creative midfielder and continue giving Josh time here and there or failing that, let him go out on loan to continue his footballing education.

Carlo thinks he can turn McEachran into England's answer to Xavi or Pirlo.That means a central attacking midfielder is needed... ie, Hamsik.

However, I think that should be last on our list of priorities. Essien and Ramires are our attacking midfielders after Lampard packs it in. Play Essien in the CAM role and he will score 10-15 goals a season.

I'd say anti-Semitism is slightly higher on a scale of derogation than criticism.

Yet another attempt by tx to derail a serious thread by referring to a completely non-related silly issue that happened months ago. Pathetic.

I'd be disappointed if we didn't try to blood Josh as a playmaker.

He will be, but hopefully in due time and not in a rushed manner.