Josh McEachran or new playmaker?

Tomo

35 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer next season?

• a new playmaker in
    • just blood Josh McEachran in that role

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it is interesting how everybody forgot Kakuta and how many don't believe in him.

I guess some members here already determined where he could play.

I believe in him smiliecap1.gif

Personally i think his injury is holding him back and he is a bit raw at the moment, only reason i didnt mention him here is because he is more of a winger than a CM, but i would be absolutely gutted if we sold him.

He is not being groomed as a defensive midfielder. He's being played there so that he gets more time on the ball and doesn't become very susceptible to hard challenges from the opponent's defence. It's an exercise in getting him comfortable on the ball in a first team scenario while still allowing him to display his passing range and close control.

I'm perfectly satisfied with the way he is being introduced into the team, and it is something the coaching staff deserve credit for. They're handling him with kid gloves and not throwing him in at the sharp end in a bid to appease the crowds who can't wait to see him as some sort of attacking messiah.

As regards next season, like it's been mentioned already, it'll be too early for him to be handed that role. So we should get a new creative midfielder and continue giving Josh time here and there or failing that, let him go out on loan to continue his footballing education.

Completely sensible opinion, he got some playing time because we had no squad, he wasn't loaned out becasue he's not big enough to cope with that worload yet, he's in a deeper role because he can get on the ball there. He played 10 against Arsenal in Youth game and got marked tight and clobbered, same would happen for 1st team so people need to praise the staff for giving him a chance. He was lucky to come along when lots of injuries and he's getting bags of playing time, just not with 1st team. I think he'll spend at least first 6 months doing the same, ealry loan would be too soon still.

We need to sign a new playmaker for sure!! Chances are that next season Josh will be out on loan, hopefully to a premiership side. No matter how good Josh is we don't want to rush him and to spend a season away from Chelsea getting regular games and match experience is a big deal for his development. And bringing in a new playmaker will not hinder his development. So yes a new playmaker is a must and allow Josh to develop in a considered way.