Paulo Ferreira - what a servant

Milan

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was that 'good post' supposed to be 'bad post'?

Like Styles says he did alright but never spectacular in his first 2 seasons with us and that's about it.

He's earnt alot of money since for not many appearances,he ain't done too bad at all.

No Chelsea can could ever hate Paulo. Definition of "loyal", he's just happy to be at the club, contributing in any way he can. We love you Paulo!

I dunno. I don't like seeing loyal and footballer in the same sentence.

It's not like Barca or Real came in and offered to double his wages. Even JT and Lamps got a massive pay rise by staying 'loyal'.

It's not like Barca or Real came in and offered to double his wages. Even JT and Lamps got a massive pay rise by staying 'loyal'.

I know what you mean & I was hesitant too. But let's be fair, he could easily have asked for a transfer & made a claim for him to "wish to finish" his career elsewhere. The fact he wants to do it with us, shows his underlying love for the club?

I know what you mean & I was hesitant too. But let's be fair, he could easily have asked for a transfer & made a claim for him to "wish to finish" his career elsewhere. The fact he wants to do it with us, shows his underlying love for the club?

That's what I mean though,if he transferred would he have got a pay rise elsewhere?

I think not going and looking for first team football is a mistake on his part.

I can't fault the bloke though.

I think the club has served him better than he's served the club. He's not done too bad out of us.

Totally agree. Yes nice bloke, always gives a big effort and loyalty but £60k a week for our 3rd choice right back - come on guys......

Another indication that he is a great character - remember when Deco arrived? Paulo offered him his number 20, explaining it that for Deco this number means more and he is happy to do this favour. He really does deserve a hell of a lot of credit.

That's what I mean though,if he transferred would he have got a pay rise elsewhere?

I think not going and looking for first team football is a mistake on his part.

I can't fault the bloke though.

There was rumours about him going to West Ham in the summer of 2008 but it never materialized.

No-one actually realises the importance of the likes of Ferreira, Kalou, Mikel and even Hilario, good players happy to be squad players and rarely look out of place when they come on, ok the middle 2 can be frustrating at times but they would be certainly good enough to get 1st team football week in week out elsewhere but they still stay and fight for a place.

Squad players are just as important as regular 1st teamer's if not more so, look what happened when we trimmed our squad last summer without replacing them. Would you rather have players like Brad Jones, Fabianski, Eboue, Denlison, Bentner, Spearing, Konchesky and N Gog as our back up?fainthv9.gif

Another indication that he is a great character - remember when Deco arrived? Paulo offered him his number 20, explaining it that for Deco this number means more and he is happy to do this favour. He really does deserve a hell of a lot of credit.

While were on that subject i wonder why with Deco gone he aint took number 20 back whistling.gif

:champions:

There was rumours about him going to West Ham in the summer of 2008 but it never materialized.

No-one actually realises the importance of the likes of Ferreira, Kalou, Mikel and even Hilario, good players happy to be squad players and rarely look out of place when they come on, ok the middle 2 can be frustrating at times but they would be certainly good enough to get 1st team football week in week out elsewhere but they still stay and fight for a place.

Squad players are just as important as regular 1st teamer's if not more so, look what happened when we trimmed our squad last summer without replacing them. Would you rather have players like Brad Jones, Fabianski, Eboue, Denlison, Bentner, Spearing, Konchesky and N Gog as our back up?fainthv9.gif

While were on that subject i wonder why with Deco gone he aint took number 20 back whistling.gif

excellent posts ,,,all the players you mentioned are often criticised as "not good enough for Chelsea" ..you have given a greater reminder of the value of squad players and back ups

Edited by zolayes

Totally agree!. There is no such thing as loyalty in modern football. No doubt that Ferreira is a kind person, but does that make

him a legend?.

Guest justin_3d

Agreed. It is why I always said it's great to have squad players.

I love player like Ferreira and Kalou as they make our club more human.

Gentleness, and humbleness is a good thing, in a club full of big egos.

Paulo a great servant of the club.

In his prime he was stopping World Class players from scoring against us.He kept Bale in his pocket when we played against Spurs.Fantastic man and fantastic player stay with us until you retire Paulo you deserve even more but it is a shame ''we'' can't give you more.

In his prime he was stopping World Class players from scoring against us.He kept Bale in his pocket when we played against Spurs.Fantastic man and fantastic player stay with us until you retire Paulo you deserve even more but it is a shame ''we'' can't give you more.