Our Front-line

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my variant our squad and formation by next season.May be it is my dream variant.

Buy :

Alexis Sanchez - 30 millions

Sergio Aguero - 40 millions

Marek Hamsik /Kaka- 25/28 millions

Total - 85-88 millions

Sell : Didier Drogba - 14 millions (He is our Legend, but my opinion he must leave us)

Salamon Kalou - 12 millions

Flourent Malouda - 13 millions

Nicolas Anelka - 8 millions

Fereira - 2 millions

Zhirkow - 14 millions

Bosingwa - 8 millions

Total - 71 millions

One injury and we're screwed.

I watched CSKA-Porto last night. Dzagoev did that. He passed couple of nice passes for his strikers, but Love and Doumbia were too clumsy to score.

I've only seen like two or three games of Dzagoev so I can't say much about him but he did impress in those few matches I watched him. Definitely the type to deliver that final ball so if he has what it takes to make it at Chelsea, I would of course support buying him. And having a Russian star in the team would make Roman a happy man.

Dzagoev, Sanchez and a left winger and we would be pretty much set.

i think tht we should keep Drogba, bosingwa n zhyrkov..............anelka, malouda, ferreira, turnbull, hilario, alex will definately leave in d summer n we will get something around 30m pounds for dem.................

we should buy alexis sanchez (25ml pound), dzagoev (15ml pounds), begovic (3-4ml pounds)

All I think we need to do is sign a quality right winger, play 4-4-2 and play Torres with Anelka or Sturridge. No need to go out and spend millions on a young striker when we have one of the most exciting English talents in our number 23.

All I think we need to do is sign a quality right winger, play 4-4-2 and play Torres with Anelka or Sturridge. No need to go out and spend millions on a young striker when we have one of the most exciting English talents in our number 23.

I just find it hard to see us playing anything other than a 4-3-3 going forward. There are some very hard choices to make this summer thats for sure because there is work to be done.

Sell : Didier Drogba - 14 millions (He is our Legend, but my opinion he must leave us)

Salamon Kalou - 12 millions

Flourent Malouda - 13 millions

Nicolas Anelka - 8 millions

Fereira - 2 millions

Zhirkow - 14 millions

Bosingwa - 8 millions

Total - 71 millions

Now you're being even more optimistic.

Bos is on a free this summer.

The likes of Zhirkov,Malouda and Anelka,I'm not sure about how long they have left on their contracts, probably not much , plus you have to factor in their age.

Drogs,I can't see us getting that much for.

Eden Hazard - Torres - Sanchez

or

Neymar - Torres - Sanchez for 4-3-3

---------Torres--------

----Aguero-- Studge--- for 4-3-1-2

or

Torres - Aguero/Neymar/Lukaku if we stick to 4-4-2

One I'm certain, and that is that we need at least 2 great winger. In my opinion Eden Hazard and Alexis Sanchez would be best.

Cech

Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Sanchez - Hamsik - Essien/Lampard - Hazard

Torres - Sturridge/Lukaku

Would be unstoppable.

We would also concede at least two goals per match.Remember,Carlo is Italian so...The chance for that to happen is equal to the chance of Arsenal winning a trophy.

No radical changes,just maybe let Nico go to USA and that's all.Midfield is priority no. 1 smile.gif

Attack: Drogba,Torres,Sturridge,Kalou,Kakuta

And that's enough.

I'm concerned about Drogba's future. Not his future per se, but I fear that if he goes, the entire French speaking contingent (Malouda, Anelka, Kalou, Essien) will become unhappy and it will reflect in their attitude and performance on the pitch. Already I reckon Louda and Kalou have been ignoring Torres, which I think is down to DD being on the bench more often than not.

That's yet another reason why we should break those crybabies up. There's no room for player power.

I agree with the Agüero-Sanchez buy. If Agüero is going to move, it'll be this summer. But you also have to think about Bosingwa, he is on his last months of contract, he might not be here. Otherwise I like your thinking and the pricing isn't as utopistic as others seem to think. HSV and Galatasaray are to offer 10~ for Kalou (not too much off), Drogba was worth 30mil during last summer, 12 now isn't unreasnoble. I'd sell Anelka and Malouda for the sole reason that I don't like their attitude at all, they sulk, they flop, rarely perform and if they do, they expect to be in the starting line-up for the whole season. I'd keep Kalou though. We don't need Lukaku, we've got Sturridge. In fact I believe Lukaku and Neymar are more of media hype than anything, we've got Borini, Sturridge and Kakuta and can't see a place for either Neymar or Lukaku.

Borini ? Don't you know ? His contract runs out at the end of the season plus the Board has no desire to keep him. He will go this summer no doubt.

Will save Ancelotti the selection headache. My point stands, we've got our own youth, no need for Neymar and Lukaku, as of now. Let's see how things go with Sturr and Kakuta

More or less my thoughts too BL, I hope that the younger players are given more opportunitys next season. I think we need to get decent left & right wingers with pace that can also retain possession. Maloulda has had a couple of decent spells at the club but for large parts of his tenure been far too inconsistent & has never had pace, Kalou seems to do ok coming off the bench & could be half decent if he produced weekin/weekout & over 90 minutes but rarely has 2 games of any note on the bounce. I would go in for Wigan's 2 best players, N'zogbia & Rodellga (sp?) Both have pace, score goals & wouldn't cost a fortune. Kakuta should also be given a fair crack.

I would sell Maloulda, Kalou, Mikel & Bosingwa. Luiz can deputize in the CM position, Alex must return, I would like to see Bruma moved to RB as I think he has the attributes to play there & can provide cover. I think you will also find that Bosingwa signed a years extension so would bring in a few quid. If Drogba remains positive & is performing like he can then he is a must - he is very difficult to replace. Anelka will stay, him & Torres play well together & will be used in 4-4-2 formation.

Lamps like Essien has suffered with injurys & will get better as this season goes on, I am stunned to read not just on this thread that he is getting flak, he's got 10 goals already - how many has the likes of Gerrard & Scholes got?

Edited by GodZola

i would definitely choose aguero over neymar and here are my reasons :

1- both are still young and there best years are still to come , but for aguero i think it will be the next 4 or 5 years as his peak but with neymar he will need at least 2 years to be ready for EPL , i mean the boy is so skinny that he will have no chance of outplaying a player as Samba for instance .

2- Aguero's work rate is much better than neymar's , neymar looks like most Brazilians who one day will be brilliant and the other will just sulk .

3-Aguero has always impressed in big matches against barca , real and chelsea he had superb games and has scored against all of them more than once.

4- Neymar seems to be too proud of himself , and he is definitely a trouble guy .. while aguero on the other hand a more hard worker who will not get into troubles.

5- Aguero knows actually that football is a team game , unlike neymar who seems to like to dribble against 7 oppositions players and then shoot , well that is not gonna happen in EPL.

More importantly we need some attacking flair now , not someone who we will try to develop and make him better.

Interesting thread/opinion.

After Torres & Luiz however, I am against these big money moves now. I'm convinced (& to an extent concerned) with these 2 signings totalling up to £75million, that our summer transfer budget spent. Perhaps there is room for one more player but it won't be for the £30million-ers like Lukaku & Aguero.

It really depends on who's the manager, come August. If Carlo is still there and he persists with 4-4-2, then maybe Lukaku. Lukaku can be a player who plays with his back-to-goal and feeding balls from Cech, for Torres to pounce on. However, we are not a long-ball team. Lukaku would be just like Drogba, the big powerful striker who will take the ball into the box, then either looks to shoot or play Torres is in. Which Drogba has been great at.

If a new manager comes in and wants 4-4-3 then maybe Sanchéz is a better option as we could do with a right-winger. This will allow a future to still be available for Sturridge on the left-wing or playing him central with Torres drifting wide (though with Sturridge's pace, he's better off on the wing). Then again, we do have a feller named, Milan Lalkovic who looks to be a promising winger. If only we still had Quaresma, or even Stoch.