Our Front-line

Ancelotti is a goner.

I hope the new manager brings in his own team of coaches/assistants with a clear playing style. I honestly couldn't tell you what the styles is; fullbacks that go forward but can't cross, powerful midfield but zero creativity/playmaking ability, no wingers, strikers who don't recieve the ball in dangerous areas. It is absolute chaos at the moment, almost an anything goes style with no identity.

I hope the club has identified a new manager and are already working on potenital targets with him. That would be the most sensible thing they could do.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be nice to get away from the big target man,lumping it up style of play. Start actually doing something in training,like passing sessions.

Hear, hear!

Sometimes I wonder what our players actually do in training. Because they don't move together, aren't aware of space or how to make it for themselves, turning on the ball in the opposition half etc all these things that almost all of our players seem incapable of doing.

I just find it hard to see us playing anything other than a 4-3-3 going forward. There are some very hard choices to make this summer thats for sure because there is work to be done.

Even so:

Sturridge - Torres - Alexis Sanchez

or

Torres - Sturridge

Malouda - Lampard - Ramires - Sanchez

I just do not see why people want us to go out and buy five or six players this summer, whereas in reality all we need is a winger (Sanchez), and a new goalkeeper (ie Asenjo).

Even so:

or

Torres - Sturridge

I just do not see why people want us to go out and buy five or six players this summer, whereas in reality all we need is a winger (Sanchez), and a new goalkeeper (ie Asenjo).

I don't understand how people don't see Sturridge is a pure striker. He won't make it as a winger and he shouldn't be asked to make it as a winger. The winger position is a very difficult position (try to name ten world-class wingers in current football). We all saw how well using a striker as a winger works out just because he has pace.. *cough* Anelka and Kalou *cough*.

(This isn't specifically aimed at you BL.)

And we definitely need a creative midfielder, everybody and their pets can see that.

Even so:

or

Torres - Sturridge

Not 5-6 but more likely 2-3 players. Malouda's form has been awful all through his Chelsea career with the exception of last season and the start of this season and want it or not, if Zhirkov doesn't deliver we need to get a proper left winger aswell. Lampard is 33 in June - we lack creativity and I doubt McEachran is ready for that role yet. I agree with the Torres-Sturridge front line. Our defence options are good though. I'd try to keep Bosingwa. Let Ferreira go and get a RB to contest Bosingwa to perform, or just start playing Ivanovic there, though he isn't much of a wingback. CB and LB positions are sorted. We need agile, pacy players that can make the difference with their individual brilliance. Recenly I've noticed alot that our wingers can't dribble past even one opponent, so they make a sloppy pass, give the ball away or make an optimistic cross into the box.

So in reality we need:

-Right winger

-Left winger (unless Zhirkov/Malouda get their game on)

-AMF playmaker

Ancelotti is a goner.

I hope the new manager brings in his own team of coaches/assistants with a clear playing style. I honestly couldn't tell you what the styles is; fullbacks that go forward but can't cross, powerful midfield but zero creativity/playmaking ability, no wingers, strikers who don't recieve the ball in dangerous areas. It is absolute chaos at the moment, almost an anything goes style with no identity.

I hope the club has identified a new manager and are already working on potenital targets with him. That would be the most sensible thing they could do.

the main problem with carlo is that he is not utilizing the abilities of his players , and that is because he is playing them based on how he would like his team to look like , not how they can actually play !!. (in other words he is not playing on his players strengths but he is actually trying to force them to play the way he thinks his players should play .)

it was mentioned a lot that he likes to set Drogba , malouda , anelka and kalou free , and just let them be creative .... imo that is not the way those very functional players should be used ... they lack creativity , so they need to have some game plans , they need to be told what to do once they get the ball and that is why we were very successful with mourinho .

well , i can't argue against the fact that carlo has disappointed all of us this season and may i say last season for me ... but as long as there is no better coach to replace him , then he should stay .

Mourinho has been linked with a return to chelsea since the day he was shown the exit door and when an arrogant man is shown the boot he will never return , and hiddink has stressed many time that he won't be back again .

so may be on the long run , if carlo gets the time and the support/players he needs , he will be able to get his players to actually play the way he likes.

if we are looking to buy 2 wingers then Alexis Sanchez and Eden Hazard will be my choice .

i have just finished watched the full marsielle vs lille game . and this eden hazard has really impressed me , this 20 years old boy has got bags of potential , his 1st touch is superb , his passing game is Barcelona's level !! he has some good pace and his ball control and dribbling is very impressive .

i have only watched him once in a full match but then i followed some videos of him on youtube , not those compilations that can make any player looks like messi , but i have actually watched videos for his games vs liverpool , germany ,sporting and others . those videos show all of his touches in those games (good ones & bad ones). and i can tell you he looks like a great deal .

go and check him out .

First af all i think some of us are too paranoid about the french connection. Yes, Malouda plays like he already left Chelsea,

but Anelka is doing ok. Drogba (not french i know) has not have the best season, but he is still Drogba.The man had problems and he lost

some speed, but still the way he is treated her is in my opinion disrespectful. You just don`t ship him at the end of his career,

if it is the end?. And by the way he told that he has no intentions of leaving. Selling Kalou, no way!. Lets give it some time before

we are shooting all the Gallic rooster(s).

if we are looking to buy 2 wingers then Alexis Sanchez and Eden Hazard will be my choice .

i have just finished watched the full marsielle vs lille game . and this eden hazard has really impressed me , this 20 years old boy has got bags of potential , his 1st touch is superb , his passing game is Barcelona's level !! he has some good pace and his ball control and dribbling is very impressive .

i have only watched him once in a full match but then i followed some videos of him on youtube , not those compilations that can make any player looks like messi , but i have actually watched videos for his games vs liverpool , germany ,sporting and others . those videos show all of his touches in those games (good ones & bad ones). and i can tell you he looks like a great deal .

go and check him out .

He can be very so-so. Against Touluse, I think Lille were playing them that time, he was absolutly wank. He lost the ball too many times, he really had a bad day. But I understand that, he's only 20 yo, don't think that he could make any impact next season if we sign him.

He can be very so-so. Against Touluse, I think Lille were playing them that time, he was absolutly wank. He lost the ball too many times, he really had a bad day. But I understand that, he's only 20 yo, don't think that he could make any impact next season if we sign him.

i know he is not as good as alexis sanchez , but the lad has got bags of potential ... i haven't watch the Touluse game , and i have only watched him for full 90 min. once but then again i have watched his videos on youtube against liverpool and many others where it shows all of his touches not only good ones .

from what i have seen he can easily turn out to be a great Central Wingeras he likes to drift inside, what i like most about him is that he is not selfish at all , and his passing is superb also his 1st touch is very impressive .

and that is exactly why i think he should be our 2nd winger , he is a great winger who is skillful and pacy as well as Sanchez but he is so different in his game , he likes to pass the ball around more than sanchez who likes to play the killer pass or prefers to take on defenders, you can't have 2 wingers who like to take on defenders and score goals like sanchez , the team can cope with only one selfish player other than the striker but no more or else you will be facing a team work problem like what we are having now with torres , malouda , anelka , Drogba and kalou .

i am not saying all of them are selfish but that is what their game evolves around , they always look to shoot or go for the goal if not then they try to find another player who can score and play him the killer pass .

they don't have the patience and ability to pass the ball around untill they find a gap in the oppositions defense .

I find it funny how people criticise Malouda now, but think he was the best thing since sliced bread at the start of the season. Granted he is out of form, but he's playing in a different position (that doesn't suit him, he has to be played in a 4-3-3) and is probably quite tired: he's played more games than anyone. We can't forget he is deadly in front of goal still and is capable of some brilliant stuff. No-one wants Drogba dropped, but he's equally as impotent at the moment.

I find it funny how people criticise Malouda now, but think he was the best thing since sliced bread at the start of the season. Granted he is out of form, but he's playing in a different position (that doesn't suit him, he has to be played in a 4-3-3) and is probably quite tired: he's played more games than anyone. We can't forget he is deadly in front of goal still and is capable of some brilliant stuff. No-one wants Drogba dropped, but he's equally as impotent at the moment.

The criticism is because he plays poor and totally egoistic. He was one of the best player at the seasons beginning, and that makes it even more sad what is going on the field and in his head.

No-one wants Drogba dropped, but he's equally as impotent at the moment.

That is because of the 'Drogba effect'.You saw it on Sunday.He is such an important player for this team,makes a big contribution.

Also something I noticed,he runs a lot more,puts pressure on defence,just what we need to score an easy gol(like Anelka's 1st in Copenhagen )and you couldn't have seen that from Drogba in say November or December.cool.gif

Malouda is fighting for his position,but he has to be benched against Stoke simply because Yuri is in this moment the better player.Agree with you about his tiredness.

I wasn't around at the start of the season but my opinion on him has always been the same - far too inconsistent & has no pace for a winger, a very poor man's Robben.

So if he is so tired what was his excuse for yesterday's pathetic performance being that he has been rested or benched for some of the previous games? Deadly infront if goal? How many has he scored this season when according to you he has played the most games?

I do agree that Drogba has been poor by his standards but having a belt of malaria doesn't help, Drogba will produce ala yesterdays cameo & it seems he is showing some maturity by having his nose put out, I'm not sure Maloulda's doing the same & one player I hope is sold in the summer.

Even so:

or

Torres - Sturridge

some fans are like women with shoes ,,,can never have enough ...just one more pair ,,and another ,,,and another ....and ........now I will be in trouble :whistling: