Our Front-line

Well , i know this will sound crazy but i have been fantasizing about it for a while now ..... what would you think about this :

in the summer :

Buy : Alexis Sanchez - 27 millions

Sergio Aguero - 40 millions

Total - 67 millions

Sell : Didier Drogba - 12 millions ( i know he is old but he is worth that much.)

Salamon Kalou - 14 millions (that is actually his estimated value)

Flourent Malouda - 10 millions

Nicolas Anelka - 8 millions

Total - 44 millions

so that is actually gonna cost (23 millions ) which can easily be won back by good Marketing , also keep in mind that there is a huge difference between the salaries to our favor .

if that is to take place next summer , then our team will be :

4-4-2

....................................cech...........................................

iva/bos.......luiz/alex/iva....terry/alex/iva.....cole/PVA/zhirkov

..............Essien/Mikel/Ramires....................................

......................................Lamps/Essien/Ramires........

Sanchez/yossi/ramires..............................Zhirkov/yossi/ramires

.........................................................Aguero/Sanchez....

.......................Torres/sturridge........................................

or 4-1-2-1-2

..................................cech.................................................

iva/bos.......luiz/alex/iva....terry/alex/iva.....cole/PVA/zhirkov

.................................Mikel/Essien....................................

.......Ramires/Essien...............Lamps/Zhirkov..............

................................Sanchez/benayoun..........................

...................Aguero/Sanchez....Torres/Sturridge..........

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sell : Didier Drogba - 12 millions ( i know he is old but he is worth that much.)

Salamon Kalou - 14 millions (that is actually his estimated value)

Flourent Malouda - 10 millions

Total - 44 millions

That's being veeeerrrrrrryyy optimistic there with them valuations.

If we could get that for them,yes please.

However,I'd keep Kalou . I'd like to see him in a central role along with Torres for a few full games, along with Sturridge he's young and quick.

Our front line is definately our weakest at the moment and i am sure that there will be some changes made there in the summer. Big choices would have to be made because all of them are big names Malouda, Anelka, Drogba and Kalou. I have no doubt that all them will be with us come the start of the season but i have no clue as to who would go and who would come in. Neymar looks a likely option, Lukaku is another and so is Aguero.

The fact is that yes our front line needs looking at in the summer. For me 4-3-3 is how we play and 4-3-3 is what we should have in mind when it comes to summer in's and out's and for me that means 2 new players who can play as PROPER wingers.

I'm concerned about Drogba's future. Not his future per se, but I fear that if he goes, the entire French speaking contingent (Malouda, Anelka, Kalou, Essien) will become unhappy and it will reflect in their attitude and performance on the pitch. Already I reckon Louda and Kalou have been ignoring Torres, which I think is down to DD being on the bench more often than not.

I'm concerned about Drogba's future. Not his future per se, but I fear that if he goes, the entire French speaking contingent (Malouda, Anelka, Kalou, Essien) will become unhappy and it will reflect in their attitude and performance on the pitch. Already I reckon Louda and Kalou have been ignoring Torres, which I think is down to DD being on the bench more often than not.

I think that English is spoken in Ghana.

they can all feel free to leave , except essien who doesn't look that close to DD as kalou and malouda .... but for kalou , malouda , anelka , they are all very average players right now and i hope they leave this summer with Drogba.

Our front line is definately our weakest at the moment and i am sure that there will be some changes made there in the summer. Big choices would have to be made because all of them are big names Malouda, Anelka, Drogba and Kalou. I have no doubt that all them will be with us come the start of the season but i have no clue as to who would go and who would come in. Neymar looks a likely option, Lukaku is another and so is Aguero.

The fact is that yes our front line needs looking at in the summer. For me 4-3-3 is how we play and 4-3-3 is what we should have in mind when it comes to summer in's and out's and for me that means 2 new players who can play as PROPER wingers.

we have played our best football in a 4-3-3 formation , but that formation relies heavily on our ACM (Lamps) .... and we have to be honest , lamps is not the same ... he is still the best attacking CM in the world but he is not the same player he once was .....

so if we are to play 4-3-3 again then hamsik is needed , a midfield trio of essien , lamps and hamsik will be needed .

if so then we need 2 proper wingers as you have said and hamsik , in that case i guess Alexis Sanchez just picks himself as one of the two but who should be the other winger , and will roman be willing to pay for 3 top class players?

we have played our best football in a 4-3-3 formation , but that formation relies heavily on our ACM (Lamps) .... and we have to be honest , lamps is not the same ... he is still the best attacking CM in the world but he is not the same player he once was .....

so if we are to play 4-3-3 again then hamsik is needed , a midfield trio of essien , lamps and hamsik will be needed .

if so then we need 2 proper wingers as you have said and hamsik , in that case i guess Alexis Sanchez just picks himself as one of the two but who should be the other winger , and will roman be willing to pay for 3 top class players?

True enough, an attacking midfielder should also be purchased. But lets not rule out the further emergence of Josh. Judging by what is said in the press and our interest last summer i would imagine that Neymar would be a main candidate as player for the wing position.

I think that English is spoken in Ghana.

That's correct.

they can all feel free to leave , except essien who doesn't look that close to DD as kalou and malouda .... but for kalou , malouda , anelka , they are all very average players right now and i hope they leave this summer with Drogba.

Pretty much sums up my feeling right now. More than their current poor form, which ordinarily I can live with because everyone has ups and downs, it's the style of play their concerns me. We need to move away from the power-era (on and off field!) led by Drogba and inject some creativity and sleekness into the team. Not sure these players could fit in or if they even want to. That said, I wouldn't mind retaining Kalou because I think he could work quite well playing behind Torres.

We need to move away from the power-era (on and off field!) led by Drogba and inject some creativity and sleekness into the team.

Thank you.

Exactly (and a playmaker). Torres is the type that needs to be fed so we absolutely need to get a player that loves to feed.

And about Sanchez' price, don't if you heard but a club offered a amount between 30 and 35 mil and they rejected it. Also, recently the Udinese president said Sanchez is as good and worth as much Messi (-_-) so you do the math..

Thank you.

Exactly (and a playmaker). Torres is the type that needs to be fed so we absolutely need to get a player that loves to feed.

I watched CSKA-Porto last night. Dzagoev did that. He passed couple of nice passes for his strikers, but Love and Doumbia were too clumsy to score.

This is my variant our squad and formation by next season.May be it is my dream variant.

Buy :

Alexis Sanchez - 30 millions

Sergio Aguero - 40 millions

Marek Hamsik /Kaka- 25/28 millions

Total - 85-88 millions

Sell : Didier Drogba - 14 millions (He is our Legend, but my opinion he must leave us)

Salamon Kalou - 12 millions

Flourent Malouda - 13 millions

Fereira - 2 millions

Zhirkow - 14 millions

Bosingwa - 8 millions

Total - 71 millions

If we cash in like in January then we have a option to bring two quality forwards/wingers.Since we already have Torres and Sturridge.I doubt Kalou will leave since we can always use him as a bench sub.As for Drogba,Anelka,Malouda i think at least two or all will leave in the summer.Drogba could got Marseille to finish his career,Anelka could be gone to America and i don't know about Malouda but he just is past it.

As for the transfers i have a slight doubt we will bring anyone of the three players most mentioned and that are Aguero,Lukaku and Neymar.It is almost certain we will bring in Sanchez,and if any of those three can come i would be over the moon.

Edited by True_Blue