Why Chelsea can still win the league!

jmarlow

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know the story - when Carlo was a manager in Italy, once he was top of the league and 9 points clear and failed to deliver to title :D Just strange, he was using this example so much when Chelsea were top but once we fell down... :lol:

It is now highly unlikely but never say never.

We all know the story - when Carlo was a manager in Italy, once he was top of the league and 9 points clear and failed to deliver to title :D Just strange, he was using this example so much when Chelsea were top but once we fell down... :lol:

It is now highly unlikely but never say never.

Thanks. Atleast it's not just us he's blown it with then. We could do it but highly unlikely,when was the last time you could rule us out of the title race in January?

Champions league? Anybody? emo5.gif

I wouldn't say no if you're offering. Any chance you could throw in an FA cup and top 4 finish too please?

Torres lifting the European cup would seriously get to the dippers. Otherwise it will be a case of ' torres went to Chelsea and won nothing' 'Should have stayed with us' blah blah etc etc.

As it stands now we are really where we were before playing Liverpool. Psychologically if we beat united home and away it would add immense pressure on the title race, it could hand it to Arsenal or Mancity or pave the way for us to sneak in with a close win, given the fact that the other top 3 all play each other at some point, it really isn't over until the fat lady sings (mind you I think she's warming up)

One game at the time, if Manu U can lose against Wolves, they can drop more points - they are good at creating a "unbeatable" culture, but that can become unstuck if they back to back drop points.

With the pressure off we might start playing better?

de·lu·sion (dibreve.gif-loomacr.gifprime.gifzhschwa.gifn)

n.

a. The act or process of deluding.

b. The state of being deluded.

2. A false belief or opinion: labored under the delusion that success was at hand.3. Psychiatry A false belief strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence, especially as a symptom of mental illness: delusions of persecution.

[Middle English delusioun, from Latin demacr.giflumacr.gifsiomacr.gif, demacr.giflumacr.gifsiomacr.gifn-, from demacr.giflumacr.gifsus, past participle of demacr.giflumacr.gifdere, to delude; see delude.]de·luprime.gifsion·al adj.

As it stands now we are really where we were before playing Liverpool. Psychologically if we beat united home and away it would add immense pressure on the title race, it could hand it to Arsenal or Mancity or pave the way for us to sneak in with a close win, given the fact that the other top 3 all play each other at some point, it really isn't over until the fat lady sings (mind you I think she's warming up)

One game at the time, if Manu U can lose against Wolves, they can drop more points - they are good at creating a "unbeatable" culture, but that can become unstuck if they back to back drop points.

With the pressure off we might start playing better?

If it came to it would you want any part in helping Arsenal Lifting the title :mouthclosed:

This link http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/2011/02/premiership/5-pointers-as-to-why-chelsea-can-still-reclaim-their-title proves and interesing read

I think 3rd would be a great finish for us,under the circumstances.it's all about damaged limitation now.

In answer to rico's question:I'd rather see Arsenal win it.I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than see Man U win it.I used to like Man City,but after the way Tevez and Bellamy behaved towards John Terry last season at Stamford Bridge and all that 'Team Bridge' bollocks,City can fuck right off.

I know Wenger's a whinging cunt but at least the title stays in London and they can keep it warm in their trophy cabinet when we come back and take it off them next season!

:tophat:

If we beat Liverpool then I reckon we could have done it.

Hoping for a top 3 finish now. We've got alot to look at before we think about winning the league imo.

Don't let my negative view put you off... never say die, optimism is always good :)

Yeah the liverpool match would of put us in the drivers seat, i can get over a loss, but the fact we couldn't do it got me pissed. Nevermind though, we can still finish top 4 for Champions League, we got the chance, but i don't think we can make it.

Yeah the liverpool match would of put us in the drivers seat, i can get over a loss, but the fact we couldn't do it got me pissed. Nevermind though, we can still finish top 4 for Champions League, we got the chance, but i don't think we can make it.

Losing to the scousers last week didn't help our cause as i reckon Man U will drop points tomorrow against City.it could be the start of United's blip,but making up 10pts is just too much of an ask.

If it came to it would you want any part in helping Arsenal Lifting the title :mouthclosed:

This link http://www.footballt...aim-their-title proves and interesing read

No way,i'd rather man u won it.

By the way, Ancelotti has ruled us out. This means he and the board have re-evaluated the objectives for the season, as should we :)

I'm waitng for our 'bad moment' in the CL now. Probably be after the Copenhagen games.Then we'll re-evaluate again,I don't even wanna think about finishing outside the top 4.

Big games left to play are Manu home and away, Tottenahm at home, Manchester City at home, if we can win these it would certainly help our cause. If we seriously think we still have a chance to lift the PL trophy again, then we can't slip up again, and we have to hope that our rivals do slip up on more than one occasion.

Big games left to play are Manu home and away, Tottenahm at home, Manchester City at home, if we can win these it would certainly help our cause. If we seriously think we still have a chance to lift the PL trophy again, then we can't slip up again, and we have to hope that our rivals do slip up on more than one occasion.

All about if's and but's Ray.Can you honestly see us not losing again this season? :)