Why Chelsea can still win the league!

jmarlow

This is by far worst. In this current season the possibility of us ending in 5th place is a big one. In the Scolari's season, it was Aston Villa who was our main threat. I never thought they were good enough to end in 4th position.

In this current season Spurs have a real good team. They have a good manager (one thing that we dont have) and are playing a good football. If we win the match against Fulham we have the same number of points...the situation is really bad.

I think the good thing is Spurs are big time bottlers,just like Man city. Look at them both,supposedly challenging for the title and having great seasons,yet they're no better off than us having a crisis season.

They'll drop points galore,especially with CL to concentrate on.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the good thing is Spurs are big time bottlers,just like Man city. Look at them both,supposedly challenging for the title and having great seasons,yet they're no better off than us having a crisis season.

They'll drop points galore,especially with CL to concentrate on.

They will crash out of CL in two weeks and won't play CL football for another 30 years. :D

It's not impossible until it's mathematically impossible! This is football we're talking about.

I wish I shared your optimism! If we'd have closed the gap last week I'd be in a similar place of thought.

The league was lost a few months ago.

We're not even guaranteed 4th place because of all the tough games we have left. We're in a scrap for 4th with Tottenham and potentially Liverpool.

Agreed on the first point, and whilst we're currently in the battle for 4th you allude to, the 2nd/3rd place finish I think we'll ultimately achieve will paper over the cracks and result in another season of mediocrity masked by a Double we won two years previous.

Its funny tho, Chelsea are having an awful season, Man City and Tottenham are having great seasons but we're like on the same points and those 2 teams have better squads than us.

Scolari was sacked about this time in the season on Feb 9th as we were 4th in the premiership. We had 49 points from 25 games and had lost 4 matches. This season from 25 games, we have 44 points and we are 5th having lost 7 games so yes... This is worse. We came 3rd in 2009 and we will be 3rd or 4th this year too.

But... We have to just finish the season as strong as we can and try to sort it out next season. Every manager deserves at least 2 full seasons imo.

Scolari was sacked about this time in the season on Feb 9th as we were 4th in the premiership. We had 49 points from 25 games and had lost 4 matches. This season from 25 games, we have 44 points and we are 5th having lost 7 games so yes... This is worse. We came 3rd in 2009 and we will be 3rd or 4th this year too.

So can we say that Scolari was unlucky to be sacked or Carlo is very lucky to not be sacked?

Well Ancellotti has more experience in club football and probably RA thinks he has more chance recovering the situation than Scolari. Also we're current champions and still in the UCL where Carlo has great pedigree.

Scolari's inexperience in European club football was his main downfall imo

I think Carlo is fortunate, especially given the fact that he won the title losing 6 matches.

Edited by OllieCFC

I think Carlo is fortunate, especially given the fact that he won the title losing 6 matches.

You're not allowed to say that on here.:( We're not allowed to be lucky or fortunate,or should I say Carlo isn't.

I think carlo will be in a job as long as we're in the CL.

Looking less and less likely now.

As an aside. a trait of Chelsea-and Arsenal come to that, is the amount of intrcate passing and possession in and around the box that doesnt result in the onion bag bulging.

United just dont seem to have the same problem, they have a more ruthless cutting edge, ...... and this has been going on since about 2001-2 season !!!!