Chelsea's spending spree will continue in summer

J.F.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is without doubt looking like an end of an era approaching, in the summer some new changes will be good.

Sadly i think it is time for ONE of Drogba and Anelka to move on in the summer, love the pair of them but they are both well into their 30's. Thanks for the momories you will never be forgot.

Hilario is out of contract i think, cant see him getting a new one if thats the case, gets a bit of unfair stick but apart from the City game he has never really played bad, good luck Henrique. Ferreira IMO i think its time to move on, been a brilliant servent for us but not the player he was and a move to the Portuguese league will be good for both parties. Zhirkov looks likely to leave aswell sadly.

I may get lambusted for this but i think its time for Bossy to move on, he aint been great since his return (especially defensively) and i think if we can get around £10-12 mil we should bite the oppos hand off. As for his replacement Srna could be a free agent in the summer? thats expierence if we can get him in which we will need if this clear out is happening and will offer competiton for Brana at RB and is versatile, he could be a stop gap till Billy Clifford is ready.

For players in we should bring in 1 of Lukaku or Neymar aswell as Alex Sanchez, am i the only 1 that thinks James McCarthy would be a good signing? If Gael Kakuta, Daniel Sturridge and Patrick Van Aanholt's loans are a sucess they will virtually be new signings. Jack Cork and Micheal Mancienne should be brought back as home grown versatile squad players.

We can name a unlimited number of U21's, why not take advantage of that and name alot of this years and the winning last season Youth Cup teams in next season's squad.

This is roughly the squad we should be looking at naming.

NHG = Non homegrown

HG = Home Grown

Petr Cech (NHG)

Branislav Ivanovic (NHG)

Ashely Cole (HG)

David Luiz (NHG)

Micheal Essien (NHG)

Ramires (NHG)

Frank Lampard (HG)

Fernando Torres (NHG)

Yossi Benayoun (NHG)

Didier Drogba/ Nicolas Anelka (NHG)

John Obi Mikel (NHG)

Neymar/ Lukaku (U21)

Florent Malouda (NHG)

Djario Srna (NHG)

Alex Sanchez(NHG)

Soloman Kalou (NHG)

Ross Turnbull (HG)

Daniel Sturridge (HG)

John Terry (HG)

Josh McEachran (U21)

James McCarthy (U21)

Alex (NHG)

Gael Kakuta (U21)

Patrick Van Aanholt (HG)

Jeffrey Bruma (U21)

Jack Cork (HG)

Micheal Mancienne (HG)

Matej Delac (U21)

Billy Clifford (U21)

Conor Clifford (U21)

Milan Lalkovic (U21)

Nataniel Chalaboah (U21)

Danny Papoe (U21)

George Saville (U21)

Maybe another expierenced versatile midfielder.

We can name unlimited U21's so come the summer Carlo should take full advantage of that and name a big squad. there will be a miz of the...

- Expierenced

- Early - mid 20's

- Youngsters who are knocking on the 1st team door

- Youngsters who are just starting out

What do you think?

This is the FOOTBALL MANAGER THREAD. WHY WOULD WE EVEN THINK ABOUT GETTING RID OF YURI, HE IS THE ONLY PLAYER WE HAVE OTHER THEN TORRES THAT HAS A GOOD TURN OF PACE IN THE LAST 3RD OF THE PITCH.

next time remember to not use the caps look; you dont need to scream.

Selling Anelka would get us about £5m.

Drogba, £7m.

Kalou, £7m.

Zhirkov, £8m.

Ferreira, £1m.

No where near £55m, anyway.

I want to see us sign a winger or two and a central midfielder. Perhaps a right back. That'd do me.

Droga with 33 worth 10 mil believe me ;) Anelka around 8mil, Kalou 15 mil ...

Out:Anelka, Kalou, Ferreira, Hilario, Zhirkov, Bosingwa, Mikel(maybe), keep Drogba, he can still play like before.

In: Hamsik/Ganso/or other playmaker, Van der Wiel(maybe), Aguero/Neymar/Lukaku/other striker

I would like to see Alexis Sanchez (which everyone seems to agree on), either Hamsik or, my preference, Javier Pastore, and Dani Alves if he doest sign a contract at Barcelona and we can get him for a really price. Still really like the look of Begovic as a back up keeper and he is home grown too.

Would be nice to see young talent liek Lukaku, Neymar and Piazon as well but I guess now im just being greedy.

I think we can let Hilario, Ferreira, Bosingwa, Zhirkov and maybe Kalou all go

Jesus ppl it's not football manager.

Anelka can go

Drogba nad Malouda going nowhere.

Kalou good sub.

Ferreira can go.

Zhirkov I'm not sure about him i would rather give him second chance.

:goodpost: Still think we need to keep Nik with ANC next year... agree Paolo can go and also both keepers if we bring in replacements....

would not be making many changes ,,,a genuine right winger or a play maker coming in

People who could go, OUT: Anelka (wants MLS, wage bill cut), Ferreira (getting old, high mistake factor, wage bill cut), Zhirkov (28 and hasn't shined, seems injury prone though I like the pace. I'd sell him if we get a winger in because we've got Luiz and Van Aanholt to fill in at left back), loan out some youngsters - can't give names before we bring someone in to see who is a surplus. Perhaps Hilario (35).

IN: Agüero OR Sanchez, perhaps a AMF but that's not really that important.

That'd be a complete squad.

Defenders(CB; LB, RB): JT, Luiz, Alex, Ivanovic, Van Aanholt, Bruma, Bosingwa, A.Cole

Midfield(DMF;CMF, AMF): Lampard, Ramires, Essien, Mikel, McEachran, Benayoun

Forwards(SS; CF; Wingers): Drogba, Torres, Sanchez OR Agüero, Kalou, Sturridge, Malouda, Kakuta

I don't see room nor need for Neymar and Lukaku. I'm sure they're great but we simply don't need them. There's no point getting every POSSIBLE future star just so we can keep them away from our rivals. Let's trust in our own players and give them a fair chance. If Bosingwa goes, bring in van der Wiel, otherwise no point. We've got defenders covered nicely as it is now. In two or so years we might need a AMF to bring flair to that position but I think with McEachran and Ramires, we're sorted. If we do get AMF he has to have a cannon in his foot like Lampard. Would give us so much extra like Lampard has done (20 goals a season consistently, amazing)

Key words: TRUST and PATIENCE.

KTBFFH

Don't think we need anyone now, just a right winger. Alexis Sanchez.

Just get Sanchez and the squad is complete.

----------------Cech--------------

Ivan-----Luiz-----Terry-----Cole

----------------Mikel----------------

-----Ramires-----Lampard----

Sanchez------------------Zhirkov

---------------Torres---------------

We have to give Zhirkov more chances, I think he can be way way better than anyone else we can play on that left side.

Don't think we need anyone now, just a right winger. Alexis Sanchez.

Just get Sanchez and the squad is complete.

----------------Cech--------------

Ivan-----Luiz-----Terry-----Cole

----------------Mikel----------------

-----Ramires-----Lampard----

Sanchez------------------Zhirkov

---------------Torres---------------

We have to give Zhirkov more chances, I think he can be way way better than anyone else we can play on that left side.

I'd put Essien in for Mikel, Malouda or DD in for Zhirkov.