Chelsea's spending spree will continue in summer

J.F.

Guest justin_3d

hmmm well I remember Arnesen talking about Van der Wiel. So I will not be amazed if he comes in the summer.

If he does comes in, then thank you Ferreira. A good servant of the club.

After that we desperately need a creative force. And for that I don't see a better option the Hamsik or Ganso.

I think Hamsik would be better as he is already experienced in europe...and lets face it, Napoli has been really good because of Hamsik and Cavani. Cavani is a crack!

And once we secured that, everything else is a plus for me. Aguero, Neymar, Sanchez, Lukaku...whatever is fine.

Although i do have to admit that i am a big admirer of Neymar...but he seems like a big problem child.

Your best bet would be Aguero or Sanchez....but i think we all know what Roman wants?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we are going to buy young striker, better buy Neymar then Lukaku, Neymar is 10x better.

Can someone give me 5 reasons why is Lukaku better then Neymar ?

Neymar would be better if we played in a nancy boy league where they have a "roughing the princess" results in an automatic sending off, policy. but for the premiership which is generally more important to english chelsea fans if not to foreign based ones. playing in the big boys league with a 12 year olds body and from the last i heard about him someone with a 12 year old`s mentality. he would just be another Robinho..perhaps worse because Robinho was stronger than Neymar is when he came here.

Lukaku is a better fit for us because although being only 17 (perhaps 18 by now i dunno) he already has a body as big as Drogba..is a carbon copy of Drogba only 15 years younger and as far as i can see, more consistent mental maturity than Drogba.(as much as we all love Drogs i don`t think anyone can honestly deny that he can be a bit of a twat on times)

being almost a carbon copy of Drogba means that we don`t have to alter the tactics and formation to suit him. what suits him is already in place.

so Lukaku is a better fit for us because of size,strength,maturity,a skill set that suits our play and the premiership,known for loving chelsea so won`t be a springboard to a move to Real Madrid in a couple of years claiming that the weather doesn`t suit him,Belgium has similar weather conditions to Britain so him settling in and staying for the long haul would be a lot more likely than if the sunshine kid came over..oh and Lukaku has experience of European tournaments.

can bump your gums all you like about what Neymar is doing in a kiddie tournament, but Lukaku has already graduated into the big boy tournaments and done well.

it all depends tho if we want to pay 25m for a Drogba/Anelka replacement or 35m for someone to compete with Kakuta.

i`m not saying Neymar is a bad player and i`m sure on fifa he`s a dreamboat..but certain players just aren`t cut out for the premiership..would be like throwing Bambi into a herd of rampaging wilderbeasts...

it only takes about 10 minutes of watching Lukaku and he looks like a natural for the Prem and the other more masculine leagues around Europe.

haven`t counted how many that is but it seems like more than 5...if not throw in the fact that Lukaku would have no work permit issues like Neymar could have.

now care to tell us how Neymar is 10 times better than Lukaku.?

as for additions i`d say mostly just keep those we have loaned out and and add one striker if Drogba goes. a right back if Bos goes, a right sided or "number 10" attacking midfielder and a better back up for Cech, someone who has some experience but isn`t too expensive and we`ll be set for a few years.

Hilario looks to be retiring ,Turnbull isn`t good enough so he can go to..sell Kalou,sell Ferriera,..sell either Anelka or Drogba and that`s it. not that many new signings and departures really and we would have a good blend of experience and youth.

Guest justin_3d

Neymar would be better if we played in a nancy boy league where they have a "roughing the princess" results in an automatic sending off, policy. but for the premiership which is generally more important to english chelsea fans if not to foreign based ones. playing in the big boys league with a 12 year olds body and from the last i heard about him someone with a 12 year old`s mentality. he would just be another Robinho..perhaps worse because Robinho was stronger than Neymar is when he came here.

Lukaku is a better fit for us because although being only 17 (perhaps 18 by now i dunno) he already has a body as big as Drogba..is a carbon copy of Drogba only 15 years younger and as far as i can see, more consistent mental maturity than Drogba.(as much as we all love Drogs i don`t think anyone can honestly deny that he can be a bit of a twat on times)

being almost a carbon copy of Drogba means that we don`t have to alter the tactics and formation to suit him. what suits him is already in place.

so Lukaku is a better fit for us because of size,strength,maturity,a skill set that suits our play and the premiership,known for loving chelsea so won`t be a springboard to a move to Real Madrid in a couple of years claiming that the weather doesn`t suit him,Belgium has similar weather conditions to Britain so him settling in and staying for the long haul would be a lot more likely than if the sunshine kid came over..oh and Lukaku has experience of European tournaments.

can bump your gums all you like about what Neymar is doing in a kiddie tournament, but Lukaku has already graduated into the big boy tournaments and done well.

it all depends tho if we want to pay 25m for a Drogba/Anelka replacement or 35m for someone to compete with Kakuta.

i`m not saying Neymar is a bad player and i`m sure on fifa he`s a dreamboat..but certain players just aren`t cut out for the premiership..would be like throwing Bambi into a herd of rampaging wilderbeasts...

it only takes about 10 minutes of watching Lukaku and he looks like a natural for the Prem and the other more masculine leagues around Europe.

haven`t counted how many that is but it seems like more than 5...if not throw in the fact that Lukaku would have no work permit issues like Neymar could have.

now care to tell us how Neymar is 10 times better than Lukaku.?

Well just power and strenght is not the main thing.

One great example of a youth i saw with a lot of potential like Lukaku is Caicedo for Man City. At such a young age he looked like a tank just like Drogba. But only got a season or so under his belt before being shipped away to different leagues for loans. Just like most of our youth.

Neymar is a skynny brat like Ramires and Kalou. But these two have settled quite well into the team.

Neymar is a big gamble...but it might a gamble worth taking. At such a young age, he can always have a resale value.

The club will have to do some strong thinking here...and ofcourse it depends on where the player wants to go.

To choose from Neymar, Sanchez, Aguero and Lukaku. Cause you can't buy them all, and will have to choose one or the max 2 of this list.

P.S. Can't forget about the homegrown talent rule. Need a certain amount of "homegrown" at which Lukaku makes a strong candidate being under 19. Max age is 18. After 18 if you come in, you won't count as homegrown. Which is sad, cause had Chelsea gotten Neymar in the summer he would have counted. Now he will be 19 if Chelsea goes for him in the summer.

Ship out all the core experienced players , try to play football manager, and in the end struggle like man city to get into top 4 for next 4or 5 seasons !!!

Now when you mention it mate, ManCity bought E.Hazard, Hulk, Gervinho, Riise, M.Kelly along with another decent CB and they finished 6th in my FM11 save XD (they also had Dzeko who was included with the patch)...

Van der Wiel, Aguero, Neymar, Lukaku, Sanchez, Pastore, Hamsik, Ganso are all possibilities and it's up for our club to do the shopping. I can only hope they shop well.

• 4 weeks later...

Menezes backs Neymar move

Brazil boss reckons Premier League switch would beef up starlet

Last updated: 27th March 2011   ?

Brazil coach Mano Menezes believes rising teenage star Neymar would benefit from playing in the Premier League.

The 19-year-old stole the show when he netted both goals in Brazil's 2-0 friendly win against Scotland.

Neymar, who currently plays for Santos, has been linked with a move to Chelsea in recent months and his national coach reckons moving to England would help his fledgling career.

Stronger

Menezes said: "I think that could only be good for Neymar as it would be confirmation of his development.

"English football would make him stronger and help to escape strong marking.

"I don't see any problem.

"But Brazil fans will be deprived of watching a good player

I would love to see at least one Englishman come into the team, be it Phil Jones or not, simple reason is, we haven't bought an Englishman (since my knowledge) was Turnball, and he isn't exactly an impressive and important piece in our puzzle.

Wouldn't mind James McCarthy either, even though he is Irsh :blush:

Guest justin_3d

IN:

Neymar

Sanchez

Aguero

Hamsik

OUT:

Kalou

Anelka

Turnball

Bosingwa

Malouda

That's totally dumb. Bring in strikers and midfield and get rid of a RB......

Also getting rid of a back up goalkeeper and only getting forward players....

Last with Neymar and Aguero, you will fight for space with Sturridge, Torres and Drogba....not the best of things for a star like Neymar or Aguero. While our lowly humble servant of Kalou does not make a big fuss as long as he gets a couple of games here and there.