Roman's £100m Warchest

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as this topic started in January (before we spent £71m) and we've already payed £7.9m for Courtois it's safe to say that warchest is almost empty.

But, shouldn't there be a seprerate and special war chest for AVB :whistling:

There should, but he won't use it because our current team has 'lots of experience' and 'have won lots of trophies'.

I don't think Roman's pockets are THAT deep... the economical crysis most likely hit him hard too, so there won't be a 100 M £ budget every season :(

You're right...It must be hard for him only having $13.4 billion this year.........:rolleyes:

revenue or total? he's still a business man, I don't think he wants to spend like a headless chicken on his hobby... But hell knows, the man is a mystery, I'm just guessing :D

I don't think Roman's pockets are THAT deep... the economical crysis most likely hit him hard too, so there won't be a 100 M £ budget every season :(

I actually believe this is no warchest. That this 'warchest' has been concieved by the womb of the media, which is covering up something larger. Something so large, that in vast comparison to anything in the world, it would make the world implode!

Maybe, Chuck Norris has signed for Chelsea!

:fainthv9:

Chelsea only have 1 space for a foreigner unless a foreign player is sold. its reserved for Modric. Thats why we were looking at Parker cuz he's english. I don't know if its true but I read somewhere

thats was a bullshit published in Daily Mail.

One day after this was published we reached an agreement for Romeu...

thats was a bullshit published in Daily Mail.

One day after this was published we reached an agreement for Romeu...

Actually it isn't bullshit. Not quite right but not bullshit either. If you look at this thread we actually have NO spaces for a foreign player. The deal for Romeu does not affect the squad ruling because he is U21.... If we sign Modric or Pastore we WILL need to sell someone.

Deals for Romeu, Lukaku, Neymar or any other player Under 21 will not affect the PL squad registration rules..

Guest justin_3d

Actually it isn't bullshit. Not quite right but not bullshit either. If you look at this thread http://forum.talkche..._40#entry236056 we actually have NO spaces for a foreign player. The deal for Romeu does not affect the squad ruling because he is U21.... If we sign Modric or Pastore we WILL need to sell someone.

Deals for Romeu, Lukaku, Neymar or any other player Under 21 will not affect the PL squad registration rules..

Ferreira, Kalou, Anelka, Bosingwa where all on the list to be sold before AVB came.

Now no sign of seeing that happen. :carlo:

Guest justin_3d

Why would he want to offload those four youngster ?

Yeah you are right, they are very young, should sign a 5 year contract!

Actually it isn't bullshit. Not quite right but not bullshit either. If you look at this thread http://forum.talkche..._40#entry236056 we actually have NO spaces for a foreign player. The deal for Romeu does not affect the squad ruling because he is U21.... If we sign Modric or Pastore we WILL need to sell someone.

It's not like we don't have some wood that needs chopin'...

Well, I guess that explains why we're having an uneventful transfer window so far.....

we dont HAVE to sell them ..we just drop them from the squad

we dont HAVE to sell them ..we just drop them from the squad

yes of course we could but paying the wages of players of that calibre that would not be playing would be bad for us financially. especially as we would be paying wages for their replacement too.

Just dropping from the squad and throwing into reserves would be disrespectful, for all they've done for us. Out of pure respect we should help them find new places to continue their careers. But yes, it's not a MUST, but I wouldn't like that sort of treatment to any of our players.