Why Luiz is perfect for Chelsea

BlueLion.

IF we spend £25m and sign Luiz then i will definately think that the club has gone bonkers!!

The first time for years we fork out £20m+ and it is in the ONLY position where we do not need to strengthen.

Exactly. Ivanovic is still 26 and Alex is 28. Terry looks like he can go strong for 2 more seasons at least. It's simply too premature to think about a new centre back when we've got problems in midfield and attack! Before November we'd conceded the least amount of goals. Terry, Ivanovic & Alex are more than capable of handling their duties in the back, there's simply no need for change that.

That £20million could be saved, and perhaps saved for the signings of Lukaku & Sanchez in the summer (if the reports are true). The only centre back we could even consider is someone like Samba who's cheap and reliable (in case we do get an injury crisis back there.)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would any agree that Vidic is the best centre back in the world today?

No! Do you remember his rugby style defending? How many foules that should be penalties has he commited this season? Like against Fulham and others.

I completely agree with everything Styles has said.

And even that about Terry. His technical ability is unbelievable, his ball control...

Also agree with everything Esk said.

We have 3 great CBs and great talent in Bruma who should be trusted. He played well against Villa.

I would rather invest £25m in midfield or right wing. Sanchez and Dzagoev for example would cost more than £25m, but are better move.

Edit: We conceded only 19 goals so far in the league. Joint with Man City and Utd first defence of the league.

We would even concede less if those 6 players in front of back four played better.

Maybe others wont agree with this but I think there is a gap in quality between Luiz and Alex and Ivanovic. Sure Alex and Ivanovic are excellent defenders (though are both probably too similar to Terry) but Luiz could become a world class defender, a genuinely world class defender in the class of a Carvalho, a Nesta, a Cannavaro. He is only 23 and already he has established himself as Brazil's first choice centre back, he is a very special talent and would undoubtedly improve our team and would also enable us to move Ivanovic into right back.

Personally I've not been overly impressed with our defence since Carvalho and Terry were in their pomp at the back, if we can get Luiz we absolutely should, it would be the absolute right addition. Kolo Toure said recently that attackers win you games but defenders win you titles, I couldn't agree with him more and if we are going to win the top prizes then we need the top defenders and David Luiz very much fits that bill.

We have JT, Alex, Ivan and Bruma. I still think Luiz is a good signing, he'll get us 10 world class seasons. We can move Ivan to RB, where's he's performed more consistently than Bosingwa.

Ivanovic - Luiz - JT - Cole

Bos - Bruma - Alex - Van Aanholt

World class back 4 with great cover.

Apparently had a bid of £12.5m for kjaer accepted, glad we didnt buckle if true over the price for luiz.

TalkSport know nothing of football transfers. They use the same "sources" that Goal & Caught Offside use. This is probably just as false as our approach for Sanchez.