Where Were You When We Were Shit ?

probably fustration and doesnt mean it lol

I get labelled a glory hunter all the time.............and its rich voming from man united and liverpool supporters who are my age or less sometimes.......

I did think that, he might have been drunk of course.

Haven't been labelled a glory hunter yet. I suppose because i'm older, people just assume that i've been supporting Chelsea since I was a kid.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand that guy giving up his season ticket, though. You expect to see better when you pay that much every season.

And what a fucking FANTASTIC article. I'm only 17, but I know a lot about the traditions of this club. I'd give anything to be able to experience something like that. My dad's been supporting this football club for 54 years or something ridiculous like that. The first game he went to, he was 14, in December 1966. It was a game between the Chels and West Ham. His mother supports Chelsea, and his step-dad was a West Ham fan, so he said he'd go and whoever won he'd support. Obviously he'd been brought up to support both since a young age (he went to watch West Ham numerous times with his step dad), so he said it was time to choose one. Ironically, it finished Chelsea 5-5 West Ham :lol: But the stories he's told me of the glory days of the 60s... the shite the club went through in the 80s... it makes me very proud of this club and all its history.

In 41 years time, after I've supported the club for 54 years like my dad, I want to be able to pass on stories of Lampard and Zola and Desailly. Chelsea til I die.

I think 6 of the most exciting years must have been early 60s under tommy doc ....young team often known as docs babe ...wonderful young talent

possibly best young players we have ever produced ..pity it all went pear shaped after a night out in Blackpool ,,,I wasnt a fan of Chelsea then but

admired their style of play

I'm also one of the newer fans been a fan since 06/07, but honestly I wasn't in to football before that except to watch my kids play. However, I know a lot about sticking with a team for the lean years. My alma mater is shit in American Football and has nanoseconds of brilliance every 10 years or so but I stick by them no matter what because they are my team. I'll stick with Chelsea the same way because they are my team. blue%20scalf.gif

I love coming to TalkChelsea because I get to hear all of the long time fans share their stories and learn more about the team.

I take it you did not really like football at that time then ?

Growing up in India, 99% of the boys are cricket fanatics. I was one too. Started properly following football in 2002, watched the Premiership and Serie A - those were the two leagues that were telecast here. Didn't support a particular team in either league, though I held a soft spot for Roma because of Totti.

The moment I knew I loved Chelsea was when Drogba scored the second of his double against Arsenal late on in the home win in 07/08. We were under Grant then.

I couldn't care less really if people think I'm a fair weather fan or a glory hunter or whatever they want to term it. My local team here is as shit as they come and I'm one of the 30 odd crowd in the stands everytime - no matter what.

I like to think I was there when we were shit, not in person but spirit, swimming in my fathers nutsack while he sang in the shedend.

Growing up in India, 99% of the boys are cricket fanatics. I was one too. Started properly following football in 2002, watched the Premiership and Serie A - those were the two leagues that were telecast here. Didn't support a particular team in either league, though I held a soft spot for Roma because of Totti.

The moment I knew I loved Chelsea was when Drogba scored the second of his double against Arsenal late on in the home win in 07/08. We were under Grant then.

I couldn't care less really if people think I'm a fair weather fan or a glory hunter or whatever they want to term it. My local team here is as shit as they come and I'm one of the 30 odd crowd in the stands everytime - no matter what.

as long as you're not like this guy who calls it BPL (B for barclays) your cool. lol

In 41 years time, after I've supported the club for 54 years like my dad, I want to be able to pass on stories of Lampard and Zola and Desailly. Chelsea til I die.

And not forgetting Tore Andre Flo. He was my favourite player ever during that period. Flo's magnificent Champions league goal against Barcelona at the Bridge in 2000. Brings back memories, even though we did go on to lose that tie! :blue scalf:

Enjoyed reading that, sometimes i too wish i was born 20 years earlier but i realise how much i loved the team i inherited and i wouldn't change that team for any other chelsea team and i'll never forget them. Still remember being in floods of tears after the 1994 FA Cup final too. 2007 meant a lot.

Glory hunting can be seen in many different ways. We aint Real Madrid with 9 European Cups, 30 league title and hundreds of other shit they win year in year out. There must be a reason people come here to support us. We have people here admitting they only came because of Roman but if they actually support Chelsea with their hearts then i don't care too much but it does bug me because i know why and how i support Chelsea and how much i love the club with all my heart and it's not because we're a top 4 premiership team with lots of money. And i also know that if we were in league 2 playing Grimsby, i'd be a blue even there. If you're gonna support us, do it properly.

I am thankful that the first Chelsea team i watched was when they were a proper mid table team and a win against anyone was a great feeling because you'd only get about 10-15 a season. My dads side is all Chelsea, my dad went to games in the late 60's and 70's with his 2 brothers when they were just kids. His dad was there when we won the league in 55 and they are all from the area.

The where were you when you were shit chant is amusing. We have unbelievable support and always have had. I may of not seen chelsea at their ultimate lowest but i can assure you my family were there and saw the lot.

I wasn't born then, unfortuantely.

I fell in love with the club thanks two to little Italian players at the time - Di Matteo and Zola, before i was a watcher during the reign of Gullitt. I also support Bradford due to the spirit i have seen of the fans while in the PL. I haven't seen a game irl yet, but i will be singing Blueis the Colour until my face indeeds becomes Blue.

blue%20scalf.gif

We have people here admitting they only came because of Roman but if they actually support Chelsea with their hearts then i don't care too much but it does bug me because i know why and how i support Chelsea and how much i love the club with all my heart and it's not because we're a top 4 premiership team with lots of money. And i also know that if we were in league 2 playing Grimsby, i'd be a blue even there. If you're gonna support us, do it properly.

If I came because of Roman's money, I would have done that in 2003. Or 2005 or 2006 when we won those titles. Why would I call myself a supporter in Feb 08, after the most successful manager in our history had left, and when it looked like we wouldn't be winning the league?

Yes you're a local and yes you've been around longer than me but what makes you assume I don't have as much passion for this club as you do? Because I'm not in the Shed singing every Saturday?

And fyi, I would also be a blue if we were playing York in Blue Square Premier, let alone Grimsby in league 2. Don't bother questioning my commitment.

If I came because of Roman's money, I would have done that in 2003. Or 2005 or 2006 when we won those titles. Why would I call myself a supporter in Feb 08, after the most successful manager in our history had left, and when it looked like we wouldn't be winning the league?

Yes you're a local and yes you've been around longer than me but what makes you assume I don't have as much passion for this club as you do? Because I'm not in the Shed singing every Saturday?

And fyi, I would also be a blue if we were playing York in Blue Square Premier, let alone Grimsby in league 2. Don't bother questioning my commitment.

Max I don't think that was aimed at you, or anyone :lol:

I think he was just saying that now we have fans in the Abramovich era they should stick with us even if he decided to pack up and leave one day. It applies to everyone :)