Where Were You When We Were Shit ?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When newspapers report that Ashley Cole is disgusted at 60,000 a week and John Terry (Captain Leader Legend TM) needed "reassurances", oh alright a salary of 130,000 a week, we look back to Joey Jones and Mickey Thomas, both full internationals,both who said they would play for Chelsea Football Club for nothing and raise a glass to them.

They regularly slept rough in the ticket office at Stamford Bridge as they couldn't afford to heavily commute nor move to the London area.

Mickey didn't even own a car and I very much doubt that Joey Jones cruised around Rhyl and Prestatyn in the latest Bentley or Aston Martin.

Remarkable.

Forget "JT" (Captain, Leader, Legend TM), "Lamps" (as fucking daft a name as I've ever heard),

this is what a REAL CHELSEA LEGEND LOOKS LIKE!!

Foremost, a Chelsea boy through and through, a much underrated midfielder who gave Chelsea Football Club almost 20 years of loyal, committed and unwavering service.

Johnny B .... we salute you sir!

Who's he referring to? Johnny B?

Good read, curious to know how many people out of the regular posters on this forum have become fans since abramovich came along?

that doesnt worry me as long as they keep the old traditions ....enjoy the good times ,,expect the worst ,,,accept defeats and KTF

that doesnt worry me as long as they keep the old traditions ....enjoy the good times ,,expect the worst ,,,accept defeats and KTF

Agreed.

Just because fans came after Abramovich, it doesn't make them "glory hunters". If they truly want to support the club, through thick and then, then there shouldn't be a problem :)

Agreed.

Just because fans came after Abramovich, it doesn't make them "glory hunters". If they truly want to support the club, through thick and then, then there should be a problem :)

you mean SHOULDNT / I know

Mickey Thomas later did time for forged tenners :whistling:

did a wonderful winking dive ...dont forget "the Flasher"

Edited by zolayes

Just finally got to read the whole article. I agree with it. But cant help when we were all born lol I mean I would of LOVED to of been at all the games in the 70's and 80's that my dad went to but I'm 23 in April and since birth I have been a Chelsea supporter! I had no choice really with my dad being a Chelsea supporter (my mum is Fulham but she doesnt know any better bless her LOL) and we lived about 10 min walk from Stamford Bridge too :-)

We have had a tremendous amount of talent at The Bridge from Greaves, Osgood, Bonetti, Chopper Harris, Bentley, Droy, Cooke etc etc right up untill the present day.

Also gone are the days of going to Fulham's home games if you couldnt go Chelsea away. Obviously I didnt know but my mum and dad regularly rememeber when Dad went to Fulham if he couldnt go to Chelsea away and Mum use to go to Chelsea if she couldnt get to Fulham away. My dad was a bus driver and he reularly use to swap shift or even end routes early (naughty naughty and sorry to anyone in the Shepherds bush area at that time lol) and go to matches on the weekend straight from work still in his bus mans gear.

Those seem the good days that I personally would of enjoyed. I obviously love what we have achieved in my life time but I do think I was born atleast a decade too late. My son will support Chelsea too, no way will his dad win and make him support Portsmouth LOL family traditions now!!

Aslong as you know who we are and our ups and downs and realise nothing has ever been a breeze for us you'll be alright ;-) I still get excited that we win and when we lose I shrug my shoulders and say same old Chelsea with a smile.

Agreed.

Just because fans came after Abramovich, it doesn't make them "glory hunters". If they truly want to support the club, through thick and then, then there shouldn't be a problem :)

I am a case in point, only been a supporter since the start of the 09/10 season. I've understood the conept from the start of what Glory Hunters are and I admit I was worried about being labled one. I could have fucked of during our recent bad run of games to support any of our main rivals, but I didn't because I knew that it was important to support the team through the bad times as well as the good times.

It's interesting as there is this guy I sit next door to in the MH Lower, he's a ST holder, not sure how long he's been coming to games, but I can guess that it's lot lot longer than I have. He told me straight up during the Villa game that he would be giving up his Season Ticket next season because he didn't want to keep watching this shite (his words) or similar words to that effect and that any of my friends could have his seat as it will be vacant next season. I was astounded as I've often seen most weeks his obvious passion for Chelsea.

I am a case in point, only been a supporter since the start of the 09/10 season. I've understood the conept from the start of what Glory Hunters are and I admit I was worried about being labled one. I could have fucked of during our recent bad run of games to support any of our main rivals, but I didn't because I knew that it was important to support the team through the bad times as well as the good times.

It's interesting as there is this guy I sit next door to in the MH Lower, he's a ST holder, not sure how long he's been coming to games, but I can guess that it's lot lot longer than I have. He told me straight up during the Villa game that he would be giving up his Season Ticket next season because he didn't want to keep watching this shite (his words) or similar words to that effect and that any of my friends could have his seat as it will be vacant next season. I was astounded as I've often seen most weeks his obvious passion for Chelsea.

Before that season we were being ruled out of 09/10 as it was! :lol:

But you can only be labelled as a "glory hunter" if you do, as you say, "fucked of during our recent bad run of games". I only really got into football during the 99/00 season and I haven't looked back since. My Dad had tried to make me into a Liverpool fan (he's been one all his life) but I stuck with the blues because, honestly, I loved the badge LOL - But then I started watching the games more and more that season and I realised "I love this club!". Then 3 years later - In came Abramovich.

probably fustration and doesnt mean it lol

I get labelled a glory hunter all the time.............and its rich voming from man united and liverpool supporters who are my age or less sometimes.......

I can understand that guy giving up his season ticket, though. You expect to see better when you pay that much every season.

And what a fucking FANTASTIC article. I'm only 17, but I know a lot about the traditions of this club. I'd give anything to be able to experience something like that. My dad's been supporting this football club for 54 years or something ridiculous like that. The first game he went to, he was 14, in December 1966. It was a game between the Chels and West Ham. His mother supports Chelsea, and his step-dad was a West Ham fan, so he said he'd go and whoever won he'd support. Obviously he'd been brought up to support both since a young age (he went to watch West Ham numerous times with his step dad), so he said it was time to choose one. Ironically, it finished Chelsea 5-5 West Ham :lol: But the stories he's told me of the glory days of the 60s... the shite the club went through in the 80s... it makes me very proud of this club and all its history.

In 41 years time, after I've supported the club for 54 years like my dad, I want to be able to pass on stories of Lampard and Zola and Desailly. Chelsea til I die.