Corners

Steve

We get so many every game but continuously waste them. Whats the problem? Back a few season back, corners would be one part of our game where we would get countless goals.

Is it the corner takers? or is it just lack of imagination and lack of practice at training. Its not like we dont have the players in the box, we have some very big lads but only seem to score them once so often.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and we can't defend them either.

Not sure I agree with this.

Even during our "bad moment" I've been fairly impressed with the way we defend corners especially in contrast to last year and I do realize that I picked the wrong day to say something like this.

corners-----------whats the point of them!!! may as well tell the opposition to take a goal kick....no-one seems to attack the ball,its nearly always a defender who heads it clear or keeper catches freely. No variation on corners, ---the mancs, scum and le arse can all come up with something different.

For Drogs to be a big man (and very useful defending our corners/freekicks) how come he scores very few with his head---------Kalou/Boss + Ash/Flo getting to the byline is pointless cos every cross in is usually so easily defended---hes never there like centre forwards of old putting the fear of God (or whatever idol you have) into the defence/keepers

i'm still spitting feathers after last nights performance (and past few months) so maybe i should relax for awhile and let the blood settle again (until sunday!!!)

I honestly havent seen us take a string of decent corners since Raneri! Honestly I love Lamps to bits but I dont know what Lampard you lot have been seeing because he is shite at taking them, very rarely misses the 1st man. Loudie is okish but not much better,