Lay off Kalou and Anelka

Wilson

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not understand how a player that can not even execute the basics in football can play for Chelsea Fc. This clown has been playing for us since 2006 and he still looks like he is adapting to a new league. He is a complete waste of space and we look like we are playing with 10 men when is is on the right wing. He has been with us for 4 years and its time to move on Salomon because you are fucking wank ! The man looks like he has got 2 left feet, he is as uncomfortable on the ball as a lanky target man !

ranked in the top 5 african players of the year ...but of course your opinion outranks this

People seem to forget his hattrick against Stoke last season, In 35 apperances he got 12 goals, isn't bad for a player who is a sub, 2 goals and an assit coming off the bench against Wigan this year, That really aren't the stats that a shite player has tbf.

You'd be astounded if they kept stats and numbers of how many times Kalou misses a scoring opportunity, loses possession of the ball and failure to complete a pass.

People seem to forget his hattrick against Stoke last season, In 35 apperances he got 12 goals, isn't bad for a player who is a sub, 2 goals and an assist coming off the bench against Wigan this year, That really aren't the stats that a shite player has tbf.

But if you look closer at those stats they aren't impressive even for a player of Kalou's quality.

He scored 10 of his 12 goals in games we won by 4 or more. 5 of those 10 came in PL games which we won by 6(!) or more.

All that in a season which we scored 2.58 goals on average and ended up with 142 goals.

Bottom line is: Kalou is a mid-table team player who will provide a useful cross or pass from time to time..his finish is poor and has weak control of the ball. He's had more than enough time to improve his game so I won't expect anything more from him but having that said as long as he's a blue I will continue to root for him.

People seem to forget his hattrick against Stoke last season, In 35 apperances he got 12 goals, isn't bad for a player who is a sub, 2 goals and an assit coming off the bench against Wigan this year, That really aren't the stats that a shite player has tbf.

His hat-trick against Stoke was during a game when the team was playing superb as a whole. And, the goals he scored were tap-ins and one could have even been a foul if the ref wanted to be tough. Also, he was playing the strikers role that day, and Stoke conceded many goals against mid-table teams.

Crouch can score a hat-trick, does that make him decent enough for Chelsea?

Kalou, as a Chelsea layer is someone i will still support, but if i was asked to name a match day squad, he would either be a sub or a reserve player. In his trait, he does have some kind of speed, and is a determined player. His vision is somewhat limited, but can sometimes pass the ball to an area where Drogba or another forward play runs onto, his crossing isn't good enough, imo, for a winger.

Kalou is somewhat our version of a Ole Gunnar Solksjaer as he was with Man Utd, but with these power and a less chance of him scoring when coming on the pitch. He is a fan favourite (with a symbolic chant like 'KALOU!' when he comes on/goes off) and i wouldn't mind to see him on the bench, if Sturridge or Kakuta tooks his starting place.

But if you look closer at those stats they aren't impressive even for a player of Kalou's quality.

He scored 10 of his 12 goals in games we won by 4 or more. 5 of those 10 came in PL games which we won by 6(!) or more.

All that in a season which we scored 2.58 goals on average and ended up with 142 goals.

Lmao, notice Shane (aka number 1 Kalou fanboy) never responds to facts or truth.

Whenever a new 'anti-Kalou thread' is made, he goes on about stats and that Kalou is the greatest of all time. When confronted with facts or just pure truth you won't see him again. Until the next anti-Kalou thread, this cycle continues on and on.

Kalou has the occasional fine performance. In the matches in between, he can be quite a liability. It is not only his profligate striking that arouses the ire of so many fans and myself, but his frequent loss of possession. I am not to the point where I think he should go, but I am getting there.

It's ok to critcise, but the extent which some people take it to is ridiculous. Kalou is not the best of players but I like him lol.

It has nothing to do with being one of the best or even being "Chelsea quality". Ferreira is far from one of the best but he rarely gets the hate Kalou gets. Our "super-sub" is Championship quality at best .
I think he can only improve. He slowly does so every year.
Even if that was true, which imo isn't, he is still completely rubish.

"Lay off Kalou and Anelka"

Why? And no.

Well Anelka is always played out of position but he's not performing how he can there. Kalou is just not a world class player at all and not good enough for Chelsea. He's had enough time, Jose signed him and he's simply failed. Time to move on. Useless fucker.

Lmao, notice Shane (aka number 1 Kalou fanboy) never responds to facts or truth.

Whenever a new 'anti-Kalou thread' is made, he goes on about stats and that Kalou is the greatest of all time. When confronted with facts or just pure truth you won't see him again. Until the next anti-Kalou thread, this cycle continues on and on.

I didn't reply because I went to sleep, Sorry about that. I'm not Kalou's number one fan, He does make mistakes and is in a poor run of form, But I have faith in him like I do with all of Chelsea's players. You weren't criticizing him towards the end of last season when he was playing well for us. We don't have many pacey players or players with good dribbling abillity, Which is something Kalou offers. I do agree whoever he should be used more as an impact player of the bench rather than a starter.