Lay off Kalou and Anelka

Wilson

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that we should be able to criticise players when they perform badly.

But no-one's performing to the best of their ability right now as far as I'm concerned, but we don't see posts slagging off Ashley Cole, Drogba or Essien despite them not pulling their weight.

But no-one's performing to the best of their ability right now as far as I'm concerned, but we don't see posts slagging off Ashley Cole, Drogba or Essien despite them not pulling their weight.

Agree about the bad patch, but we've seen the best of Ash, Drog and Essien before it. With players like Kalou (again, imo) I don't think he's good enough. Last season I didn't think so either. Now obviously I'm not going to go and make a thread dedicated to slagging him off.. But we're not (well mostly,) "haters", just being honest :)

Kalou never disappoints me because I never had any expectation on him. But anelka is a different player. He gave a great service to us. Intelligent player with lots of skills. Every chelsea fan must be thankful for his service. But nothing lasts forever. He past his prime. He should go and club should move forward.

Kalou isn't even a footballer. Most of the critisism he's gotten is fair,valid and perfectly justifiable after 4 seasons of shit.

However knowing his abilities you can hardly blame him cause he rarely underperforms.

Think Badboy was drunk in that thread though.

Anelka is a striker and has the odd superb game as the right winger.

Kalou is a striker but WAS a winger. I would expect Kalou to give some kind of advantage in that area then Anleka but it seems, imo, that it isn't really possible. Kalou has got some kind of talent, but like i have said many times before, he isn't 'Chelsea' level. We need a player that can be a bright spark when the fire is dull, and Kalou is mainly just another flame when the fire is fuming. When the team performs to their best, Kalou takes advantage and gets a goal or even shows some kind of 'talent' but when the team is rigid or isn't to the full par, he is just another face among the long line miss firing.

I would prefer playing Sturridge, who has brilliant talent as a striker and his dribbling ability has increased in just ONE season (shown in the CL match) and his shooting ability is another attribute which has improved (Pre-season against Ajax). Hell, when he was playing for the dark side (Citeh) his dribbling skills was immense.

But the major thing about it all is that both players are better as strikers then they are as right wingers, and the only person (from my knowledge) that is an ACTUAL right winger is Kakuta. If we kept Stoch, maybe we would have more options. Hell, if Benayoun wasn't injured, we would have more options. But the overall fact is that, Anelka and Kalou are the only players that will play on the right wing, as Carlo is convinced that they are the players that are best.

Anelka is a striker and has the odd superb game as the right winger.

Kalou is a striker but WAS a winger. I would expect Kalou to give some kind of advantage in that area then Anleka but it seems, imo, that it isn't really possible. Kalou has got some kind of talent, but like i have said many times before, he isn't 'Chelsea' level. We need a player that can be a bright spark when the fire is dull, and Kalou is mainly just another flame when the fire is fuming. When the team performs to their best, Kalou takes advantage and gets a goal or even shows some kind of 'talent' but when the team is rigid or isn't to the full par, he is just another face among the long line miss firing.

I would prefer playing Sturridge, who has brilliant talent as a striker and his dribbling ability has increased in just ONE season (shown in the CL match) and his shooting ability is another attribute which has improved (Pre-season against Ajax). Hell, when he was playing for the dark side (Citeh) his dribbling skills was immense.

But the major thing about it all is that both players are better as strikers then they are as right wingers, and the only person (from my knowledge) that is an ACTUAL right winger is Kakuta. If we kept Stoch, maybe we would have more options. Hell, if Benayoun wasn't injured, we would have more options. But the overall fact is that, Anelka and Kalou are the only players that will play on the right wing, as Carlo is convinced that they are the players that are best.

Brilliant post.

While we are on the subject of not good enough players... >>>>>imo<<<<< Kakuta is the worst youngster i have seen in years at Chelsea, not his fault though its just people went way overboard expecting him to be the next messi which unfortunately has driven me to the point of hating him and wish he would leave our club..

As for Kalou he is great :)

Kalou isn't even a footballer. Most of the critisism he's gotten is fair,valid and perfectly justifiable after 4 seasons of shit.

However knowing his abilities you can hardly blame him cause he rarely underperforms.

Think Badboy was drunk in that thread though.

Kalouless :whistling: get rid of him

''he isn't 'Chelsea' level. We need a player that can be a bright spark when the fire is dull, and Kalou is mainly just another flame when the fire is fuming. When the team performs to their best, Kalou takes advantage and gets a goal or even shows some kind of 'talent' but when the team is rigid or isn't to the full par, he is just another face among the long line miss firing.

I would prefer playing Sturridge, who has brilliant talent as a striker and his dribbling ability has increased in just ONE season (shown in the CL match) and his shooting ability is another attribute which has improved (Pre-season against Ajax). Hell, when he was playing for the dark side (Citeh) his dribbling skills was immense.''

thetruth1.jpg

I can't imagine how incredibly frustated Sturridge must be.

I do not understand how a player that can not even execute the basics in football can play for Chelsea Fc. This clown has been playing for us since 2006 and he still looks like he is adapting to a new league. He is a complete waste of space and we look like we are playing with 10 men when is is on the right wing. He has been with us for 4 years and its time to move on Salomon because you are fucking wank ! The man looks like he has got 2 left feet, he is as uncomfortable on the ball as a lanky target man !