Chelsea vs Manchester United

BlueLion.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather Essien at RB than CB.

But United did no damage against Paulo at Old Trafford last season. I've got no worries for Paulo in this.

Agree. Theres a reason he is still at the Champions -he is an excellent, not the best, but more than competent right back.

Optimistic about this -3-1 -its the game our season gets back on track.......

it will be a 6 point gap if they win vs Blackpool

That's why we need to knock them off their cunting high horse, with this 'shit but unbeaten' thing they have going on.

Time to get 3 points Chelsea and we know we can do it frankly, going for a Chelsea win and some good support in the Shed. We got 2 cups last year and it's a part of this seasons plans to keep em, don't let it slip away Chelsea!

Lampard back is great and I agree after Spuds that Kalou should never start a game and should always be used the super sub that he is. Sturridge should get starts over him and they should be subbed off and in accordingly.

I think Anelka is fine as long as Drobga is playing properly, winning balls, staying in the box and being a threat, if he plays like he was until Tottenham then we'll be in trouble by starting both of them. Utd are a dirty team at times lets not forget Evans' flying kick that got Drogba a fucking yellow.

Going for a win, don't know about the score but GOING FOR A WIN!

I believe if we play like we played against Tottenham, then we can expect a win for us... But it's United, we will have to play even better because they have a fatal weapon, their bloody luck !! It's why to play good isn't enough.

But I'm confident for this game...

And please, NO Anelka and Kalou !!!

They haven't won at the Bridge since 2001,and i hope we continue the streak.Confident we can win and if the guys perform we are right back in it,and after Arsenal away we will have a ''easy Christmas'' and hopefully catch up!

:blue scalf:

whatever happens, just break Evans legs and get them twatted...

they are nowhere near as good as two seasons ago. they have no attacking options on the wings really. after the spurs game i really fancy our chances getting a good win against these bastards.

god, i still hate them so much more than anyone else

Manchester United showed how their defence really "defends" on Monday night. Rough. They pushed around the Arsenal players, and they went in for all body-barges and crunching tackles. They will struggle to do this against the likes of Drogba, Malouda, Essien, Lampard ect. However, Vidic has been terrific this season and he will prove a worthy opponent of, an improving, Drogba.

They are weak at right back, Rafael does not look the most solid defender ManUtd have ever had and that means Ashley Cole and Malouda will terrorise him (as they did last season in the first goal). Rooney and Berbatov look very dangerous in recent games, and despite being left out on Monday, I expect Berbatov will start this one. Terry and Ivanovic will certainly have their hands full with this one. Credit to Ivanovic for not getting himself booked on Sunday by the way.

We can get 3 points here. The first goal will be crucial. A ManUtd-Chelsea game (in recent times) has been very closely fought and usually decided by a single goal. I think it is imperative we score first. If we do, then that game is ours for the taking.

Very confident tbh, We played better then they did last weekend. They beat a very poor Arsenal side 1-0, Countless times Arsenal game the ball away and they couldn't do anything with it, They can be dangerous from the counter attack though. They won't play 2 up front, They'll start Rooney. Leaving 3 for 3 in the centre of midfield, More then Likely Fletcher, Scholes and Anderson just above them. Mikel will probably have his hands full with Anderson who was been decent of late. I'd say Nani and Park on the wings aswell, Nani is a poxy little diving cunt who is dangerous, But I'm confident in Ashley Cole. However is leading the line, Drogba or whoever else, Can roast Ferdinand, Shawdow of the player he used to be.

COME ON CHELS!

They are for the taking.

If the accuracy of our passing improves further from the other night and we don't hoof the ball up from defence, we should get our points and goal tally back up again.

Our form has been poor and you'll see this has matched our poor ball retention.

They'll probably have the ex Tottenham back in their side but I think some tight marking on him will do the job. Unlike our marking against Pavelychenko !

Terry and Lampard's return is a great boost and will be the start of our climb and Utd's demise !!

Nani is a poxy little diving cunt

Soz if the language isn't allowed but Shane has this spot on.

Bale is beginning to enjoy falling over too.

There is no doubt that we are a better team then United.. We just have to play like a team and the rest will fall in to place.. If we start with the same intensity as Old Trafford last year, we will put em away by half time...

I would like to see:

Paulo......Ivanovic..........Terry.............Cole

....................... Mikel........................

Essien..........................Malouda

..................... Lampsy....................

............Anelka.................Drogba...........

With Plenty of Activity from Ash and Paulo down the wings..

" To most observers Frank had very few touches on his comeback but his effect was a marked one and not only on his own team-mates. Spurs noticeably fell further back in the midfield because they clearly feared Frank's famous late charges into the penalty area.

Some players don't even need to play a blinder to have an effect; their presence alone makes the opposition change their philosophy. It was just one more positive sign that things might just have turned round in the nick of time, though nothing can be taken for granted, there are many rivers to cross between now and Christmas."

Man Utd in the big games are extremely negative. They pack the midfield and rely solely on counter-attacks with 2-3 players (Rooney, Nani and Park).

Valencia was effectively man-marking Ashley Cole at Stamford Bridge last year. Fletcher is allowed to commit millions of fouls before he is booked.

Their tactics for these games are to frustrate and counter. It would be great if we can score an early goal and force them to come out. We have to be extremely cautious and not allow them any opportunities to break.

We need big games from our attackers to contrbute at both ends of the pitch. This is not a game where they can just walk around when we don't have the ball. They need to press and force Utd to concede possession.