Arnesen to join Hamburg as sporting director

chrismada9

Frank Arnesen has thrown Chelsea into further disarray by telling owner Roman Abramovich he will leave when his contract expires at the end of the season.

This exclusive from the Daily Mail, and I saw someone tweet about it! Jesus it's going from bad to worse at this rate!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But to lose Arnesen would be bigger than losing Wilkins.

Correct, Arnesen's influence on the club in the recent years was bigger than anything Ray Wilkins could aspire.
Hasn't he made our academy what it is today?

He is the man behind our academy (and possibly our scouting network) but whether he has been successful, considering the resources available to him, is highly subjective. I'm more of a neutral towards him,his work and his role but I'll be worried if gets the boot as it will mark be the biggest change at Chelsea since Mourinho and his world-class staff left.

After the numerous reports about Txiki Begiristain replacing Arnesen I think there's too much smoke to rule out a fire. And our Football Board has made enough head-scratching decisions to be confident about this one.

Nevertheless some will definitely simplify this situation to fit into being mere cost-cutting.

If he wants to leave, let him go (but that is certainly not my preference) I agree he has done some good job at the academy, but I won't an excellent job, considering the resources.

If I am the CEO, I would appoint 4 Scouting Directors. Yah that's right FOUR.

1. UK & West Europe

2. East Europe

3. Africa

4. South America

I know there will be separate scouts like I have mentioned above, but the point I am trying to stress is about their authority, having 4 Scouting Directors with equal authority will certainly make the job easier, and would certainly allow us to watch a wide range of talent.

I prefer a native guy to head the scouting process in that region i.e. an African in Africa, a North American in North America...

So what if he goes? What did he actually do? Anybody can sign the most highly rated youngsters when you have huge financial backing like Roman. There are people who will do it for far less money than Arnesen was 'earning'.

Mikel is the only young player who has come through and everybody in Europe had heard of him. Arnesen didn't scout him personally or spot him, he was well known! The truth is our best youngster is McEachran who was at the club long before this idiot arrived.

Good riddance!

:whistling:

Well I'm just calling it how I see it. He was being paid millions for signing highly rated youngsters everybody had heard about. I can do that! I could just search around the internet and come up with 50 names.

The truth is Arnesen is a complete fraud. His reputation is undeserved, he has literally done nothing whilst he has been at Chelsea and even got a promotion for his troubles! A complete and utter waste of time.

I would love to see a full list of all his signings (read failures).

LOL

dont you mean the 60s nobby was a WC winner

who said i meant the 1990's?

i meant 1890, 15 years before Chelsea was even around!

Styles can't comprehend that the youngsters are for. the FUTURE of chelsea not NOW. If Styles was the manager, we would be in debt so bad and we would never have one player under the age of 30 in the team.

who said i meant the 1990's?

i meant 1890, 15 years before Chelsea was even around!

Styles can't comprehend that the youngsters are for. the FUTURE of chelsea not NOW. If Styles was the manager, we would be in debt so bad and we would never have one player under the age of 30 in the team.

:D

If I was the manager ...

-Sturridge would play and start more games

-PVA would be 2nd choice left back and not Zhirkov

-Bruma would be 4th choice centre back and not Paulo Ferreria

-while also giving McEachran and Kakuta minutes

-sack Kalou

I'd be a better coach for the kids than Carlo is currently!

If I was the manager ...

-sack Kalou

But isn't that kind of contradictive?

Bruma, Kakuta, Van Aanholt, Kalou were all thanks to Arnesen. Kalou is an average player, his development was never to be a world class player nor would he be (nor shouldn't he) a first team starter.

Arnesen resigns

Chelsea Football Club can confirm that Frank Arnesen has resigned from his position of sporting director effective at the end of this season.

In tendering his resignation Frank said, 'It has been a privilege and an honour for me to work for such a big club with so many great people.

'After six wonderful years I have decided to seek a new challenge when my contract expires at the end of this season.'

'It has been a tremendous journey and I would like to thank everyone at Chelsea, especially Roman [Abramovich], for giving me the incredible opportunity to help build on the club's Academy and youth system along with our greatly talented academy and scouting staff.

'We are now seeing the fruits of that labour as our stated aim was to get one player from the Academy into the first team each year from 2010. We have a great crop of young players now coming through, and I feel it's the right time for me to start looking towards a new challenge.

'The past two years I've worked more closely with the first team as sporting director, and it has been a joy to work alongside Carlo Ancelotti and this exceptionally talented squad and staff.

'It is always difficult to take big decisions like this, but it is entirely my decision. I'm looking forward to continuing my work here until such time as the club decides which way they want to move forward. With that in mind I wanted to make the decision now, giving the club plenty of time to make the necessary plans for the end of the season. I will always be grateful to the club and Chelsea will always be in my heart.

'Chelsea FC chairman Bruce Buck said, 'Frank has spoken to me several times over the past year with regards to seeking new challenges, so his decision comes as no surprise to us. Frank has done an exceptional job here at Chelsea over the last six years and the incredibly strong Academy and youth system Frank leaves behind him is a fitting tribute to his time at Chelsea. We do appreciate that he has given us plenty of notice which gives us time to consider whether and how we restructure the football department.

'Frank has told us he has thoroughly enjoyed his time at Chelsea and we've thoroughly enjoyed having him. On behalf of everyone at the club I thank him for all his efforts and wish him well as he considers his next football challenge.'

If I was the manager ...

-sack Kalou

fainthv9.gif