Arnesen to join Hamburg as sporting director

chrismada9

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But isn't that kind of contradictive?

Bruma, Kakuta, Van Aanholt, Kalou were all thanks to Arnesen. Kalou is an average player, his development was never to be a world class player nor would he be (nor shouldn't he) a first team starter.

All thanks to Roman actually. Arnesen had the easiest job in the world; find out who the latest hyped up kid is and barge in with Roman's money. It was that simple. No skill required on Arnesen's part. Anybody could do it.

Kalou was bought for about £8m. They obviously had very high hopes for him which he has not lived up to.

He can't be any worse than Arnesen and probably won't be earning as much.

Eto'o + 46 mil = Ibra was his brainwave, so were the deals of Chyrgynski and Hleb etc. Has the potential to waste tonnes of our money on shabby deals. And as regards the salary, we don't know about it yet.

Eto'o + 46 mil = Ibra was his brainwave, so were the deals of Chyrgynski and Hleb etc. Has the potential to waste tonnes of our money on shabby deals. And as regards the salary, we don't know about it yet.

They really weren't.

Guardiola had fallen out with Eto'o and wanted him gone...at any cost. They effectively let him walk and bought Ibrahimvoci for £46m. Guardiola later had a falling out with Ibra and now he's also gone at a huge loss. Guardiola is also the one who instigated the Hleb and Chygrinski deals.

They really weren't.

Guardiola had fallen out with Eto'o and wanted him gone...at any cost. They effectively let him walk and bought Ibrahimvoci for £46m. Guardiola later had a falling out with Ibra and now he's also gone at a huge loss. Guardiola is also the one who instigated the Hleb and Chygrinski deals.

They were mate. It's true Pep wanted Eto'o gone at any cost, but it was Txiki who thought of the swap. He was Director of Football at Barca in the Laporta regime and much like Arnesen here when he first arrived, in charge of the club's transfer policy. Bought Chyr for what 20-25 mil, Keirrison for 14 mil, Alves 35 mil, Caceres for 12-14 mil, Henry for 24 mil. The guy has a serious lack of credentials.

They really weren't.

Isn't the real story that Etoo didn't want to extend his contract, and they didn't want to let him go for free.

On-topic:

You said how Arnesen has the easiest job, how he only needs to search them on net. Don't be stupid, i found page with over 100 young players described as next big things (xyz-the next messi, Drogba,....).

But in reality many of those are just average. It takes a lot more to scout a player and bring him through.

I don't see how this has gone from bad to worse... I've never rated Arnesen. True he's had his fair share of talent that he has been responsible for bringing to the club, but nothing more than that. Does he deserve the massive wage packet he earns, considering the amount of money invested in youth anyway? Probably not. I'm no expert when it comes to roles within a football club, but to me, the people responsible for the successes of van Aanholt, McEachran and so on are the coaches and no-one else.

Isn't the real story that Etoo didn't want to extend his contract, and they didn't want to let him go for free.

On-topic:

You said how Arnesen has the easiest job, how he only needs to search them on net. Don't be stupid, i found page with over 100 young players described as next big things (xyz-the next messi, Drogba,....).

But in reality many of those are just average. It takes a lot more to scout a player and bring him through.

Yeah you're right. Those are things that are clearly beyond an Arnesen led youth system. He is probably running away because the money has dried up.

Yeah you're right. Those are things that are clearly beyond an Arnesen led youth system. He is probably running away because the money has dried up.

I don't know who are you speaking about. I said for non-Chelsea players. Talent that you can find on net, like you said.

Chelsea FC chairman Bruce Buck said, 'Frank has spoken to me several times over the past year with regards to seeking new challenges, so his decision comes as no surprise to us. Frank has done an exceptional job here at Chelsea over the last six years and the incredibly strong Academy and youth system Frank leaves behind him is a fitting tribute to his time at Chelsea. We do appreciate that he has given us plenty of notice which gives us time to consider whether and how we restructure the football department

This has nothing to do with Wilkins, unlike how the Daily Mail are spinning this.

FFS!

Arnesen might not have been a fan favorite but his departure might mean that either the rest of the Fooball Board or Roman wasn't happy enough with his work, I don't buy the "wanted a new challenge" PR bullcrap either. If he was considered good enough we would have fought to keep him.

It was that simple. No skill required on Arnesen's part. Anybody could do it.

I see your what you're saying but that's a bit simplifying. His job was to bring kids with potential and that's exactly what Bruma,PvA,Stoch,Kakuta et al are. The fact that some failed or might fail is more down to their management by our staff.

On the other hand if he was behind our transfer movements in the last few years then there's hope of us improving, anyone can see that 36 millions are too much for Ramires and Zhirkov.

I see your what you're saying but that's a bit simplifying. His job was to bring kids with potential and that's exactly what Bruma,PvA,Stoch,Kakuta et al are. The fact that some failed or might fail is more down to their management by our staff.

On the other hand if he was behind our transfer movements in the last few years then there's hope of us improving, anyone can see that 36 millions are too much for Ramires and Zhirkov.

I don't buy the whole new challenge thing either. It suggests he has actually done something of note when we know that is not true.

FFS!

Arnesen might not have been a fan favorite but his departure might mean that either the rest of the Fooball Board or Roman wasn't happy enough with his work, I don't buy the "wanted a new challenge" PR bullcrap either. If he was considered good enough we would have fought to keep him.

Well, right now, no1 he's brought in, or you know, came in under his era, has came into the starting XI...

However, should they choose to seek a successor, the Chelsea hierarchy have assured the Italian that no decision over a replacement would be made without his sanctioning the appointment, suggesting the Italian still has a significant and long‑term role to play at Stamford Bridge. In the meantime, Arnesen's duties – most immediately the addition of potential new signings in the transfer window – technically remain unaffected. Indeed, should the club choose to pursue their long-standing interest in players such as Blackburn Rovers' Phil Jones in January, Arnesen would play a key role in negotiations.