No Jan spending says Carlo

Madmax

Ancelotti, who signed midfielders Yossi Benayoun and Ramires during the last transfer window, insists that his current squad is good enough to see the Blues through to the end of the season, unless the club suffers a spate of long-term injuries.

Chelsea have been linked with a host of big name players already this season but Ancelotti moved swiftly to dampen any talk of new additions in January - including Liverpool's out-of -form striker Fernando Torres.

"I always said that Torres is not our aim for the future because we have trust in a lot of young players,'' Ancelotti said. "We also have fantastic strikers in Didier Drogba, Nicolas Anelka and Salomon Kalou.

"We also have fantastic young players like Daniel Sturridge and Gael Kakuta. So, in this moment, we don't really need to have a striker, a fantastic striker, like Fernando Torres. We can be competitive in all competitions with this squad.

"The most important thing is to avoid injury, when possible. We have to maintain the squad with all the players fit. This is the most difficult thing to do, but we're trying and working hard to do this, to control the recovery of the players.

"I want to be sure that the players who will be involved in the game [against Spartak Moscow ib the Champions League] tomorrow will be fresh. If everyone stays fit we won't need anyone else. I think we have a fantastic squad.''

Soccernet

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it he expects Kakuta to sign a new deal very soon then. But i find it kind of hard to believe that once he praises Borini and now he's become nothing. One good youngster we had here was Mbark Boussoufa, who has since became a quality midfeilder in his home country. I think Borini could also become a very good player, but i hope he doesn't leave us.

Good to see Sturridge mentioned, but like Alex i don't believe that not ONE player will come in. Someone like a youngster (Lukaku :whistling:) and loaned back is an idea, but someone like Aguero or Torres is a defo no. Guess it is too early to start think of January, we do have two months between then, we don't know what could happen.

But never say never :eyebrows:

I'd be disappointed if we don't ship out Turnbull. I don't care whether we replace him with someone like Taylor/Sebek/Walker, call back Delac or sign someone like Begovic, but Turnbull has to go. Just not good enough. Hilario is out of contract in the summer so he's going anyway but we're getting nothing from Turnbull.

Well no where in the article did he say he will not spend in January, all he said was he won't be going after Torres which is a good thing.

" If everyone stays fit we won't need anyone else. I think we have a fantastic squad.''"

No real suprise that we won't be making any signings in January, the squad will be looked at again in January and i am sure we will look at some young signings then again like Lukaku or Neymar ect.... but signings in January are always unlikely, big players just do not move during the January window.

No real suprise that we won't be making any signings in January, the squad will be looked at again in January and i am sure we will look at some young signings then again like Lukaku or Neymar ect.... but signings in January are always unlikely, big players just do not move during the January window.

Like Robinho?