No Jan spending says Carlo

Madmax

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea would not be able to bring in a signing that would be any better than the players they have in January without spending stupid money.

I think those days are gone at Stamford Bridge and have now moved to Eastlands.

Ancelotti appears to be giving the youth players a run out at the club and that can only be a good thing, financially and for the fabric of the club.

I'm aware that Carlo is a smart man who isn't going to give away our plans to the press but as far as I can remember everything he has said about transfers has so far been confirmed.

Last January he ruled out any transfer activity and we didn't get anyone. During the summer he mentioned planning to sign more players and according to reliable sources(club presidents,official websites) we did bid for (at least)three player but were rejected. Around late August when some were expecting us to make a late surprise he came out and said that our transfers were finished, which was confirmed the day the transfer window closed.

Clearly the situation and the planning can change with some bad results and long term injuries but I'm willing to believe that this man speaks the truth.

That said I believe that we need a couple of player to last the three competitions that we're competing for.A goalkeeper and a central defender would be high on my list, even loanees may do.

I'm aware that Carlo is a smart man who isn't going to give away our plans to the press but as far as I can remember everything he has said about transfers has so far been confirmed.

Last January he ruled out any transfer activity and we didn't get anyone. During the summer he mentioned planning to sign more players and according to reliable sources(club presidents,official websites) we did bid for (at least)three player but were rejected. Around late August when some were expecting us to make a late surprise he came out and said that our transfers were finished, which was confirmed the day the transfer window closed.

Clearly the situation and the planning can change with some bad results and long term injuries but I'm willing to believe that this man speaks the truth.

That said I believe that we need a couple of player to last the three competitions that we're competing for.A goalkeeper and a central defender would be high on my list, even loanees may do.

a back up keeper is ESSENTIAL...agree a loan cb might be useful

Still hoping for a desperately needed creative midfielder and a new goalkeeper.

Yep, me too. My main hopes would be Begovic and Steven Pienaar (his conract expires this summer, so he won't cost a lot).

Alls we really need is a right winger. Delac will be around soon. Wont be long til Josh is fighting to start, why splash on a creative mid? Wouldn't mind taking Pienear on a free. Let the youth be back ups for our defence and make Borini sign a contract and give him gametime, kid has talent.

My heart craves cudicini

And hes perfect age for delac/walker/taylor to develop

If we really wanted to get Cudicini I think we could, I don't think he'd have a problem coming back to Chelsea. But I think we shouldn't, he's a good keeper and I want him to go somewhere where he'd get more first team football. The only way I see him coming back to Chelsea is as a goal keeping coach :lol:

Alls we really need is a right winger. Delac will be around soon. Wont be long til Josh is fighting to start, why splash on a creative mid? Wouldn't mind taking Pienear on a free. Let the youth be back ups for our defence and make Borini sign a contract and give him gametime, kid has talent.

Chelsea fans are seriously overrating the quality of Delac. He's not even the first goalkeeper at Vitesse (the club he's been loaned out to) so he still has looong way to go. He's not Chelsea second choice goalkeeper material (yet).

If we really wanted to get Cudicini I think we could, I don't think he'd have a problem coming back to Chelsea. But I think we shouldn't, he's a good keeper and I want him to go somewhere where he'd get more first team football. The only way I see him coming back to Chelsea is as a goal keeping coach :lol:

But we would need A good keeper to be there in A bad situation

Hilarious and turnbullshit arent good enough

say if cech got injured before A vital game Against Arsenal And All we had were turnbull and hilario

Wouldnt you be worried

even if it means plucking a good one from a bit of game time

As i said cudicini is perfect age as he has about 1 to 3 years left in him And if we could offer him A job after chelsea

And hopefully this will give walker/delac/taylor room to develop more

Or we sign him on a shorter term contract like 12 month And then we give him to A side that will play him if he leaves

Im sorry if im being a bit rough on the edges but i dont have good trust in turnbull Nor Hilario

But we would need A good keeper to be there in A bad situation

Hilarious and turnbullshit arent good enough

say if cech got injured before A vital game Against Arsenal And All we had were turnbull and hilario

Wouldnt you be worried

even if it means plucking a good one from a bit of game time

As i said cudicini is perfect age as he has about 1 to 3 years left in him And if we could offer him A job after chelsea

And hopefully this will give walker/delac/taylor room to develop more

Or we sign him on a shorter term contract like 12 month And then we give him to A side that will play him if he leaves

Im sorry if im being a bit rough on the edges but i dont have good trust in turnbull Nor Hilario

Not at all, in fact I agree with your points there. A loan deal for Cudicini would be great, but for some reason Carlo (Ancelotti) trusts Turnbull & Hilarious :\