The Serie A Thread

Steve

Co-sign! :lol:

Not fair! :( I know Jaimin is a Roma fan and Jason a closet inter fan, but I have no idea who you support in Italy so I can't tease you back! :lol:

Do one.

Forza Giallorossi! No Totti, no party!

Sooo...how are you feeling, Jai? :halo:

:P

Bosnian coach wins the Copa Italia in his first season, a Bosnian player scores the goal that seals it.

Wonderful.

tumblr_mnf7xqaKxQ1r6y0g3o1_1280.jpg

I think we were linked with Lulic at one point. What an engine. Would love him here.

Cheap shot!

Only because it hurts.

I think they should, provided they keep hold of their really good young players (Marquinhos, Lamela) and add another couple of top talents (CB, ST). Italy is probably at it's weakest (in terms of competition) than ever before so everything below 1st place (Juve again) should be quite open.

Cheap shot!

Seriously though, do you expect Roma to make the CL next season? I think they have a good chance.

No. Napoli will deteriorate no doubt but Inter, AC, Fiorentina will be heavy competition for the two CL spots. (Juve is a given) Also depends on whether they can keep hold of Lamela etc

Only because it hurts.

I think they should, provided they keep hold of their really good young players (Marquinhos, Lamela) and add another couple of top talents (CB, ST). Italy is probably at it's weakest (in terms of competition) than ever before so everything below 1st place (Juve again) should be quite open.

No. Napoli will deteriorate no doubt but Inter, AC, Fiorentina will be heavy competition for the two CL spots. (Juve is a given) Also depends on whether they can keep hold of Lamela etc

I think Milan will be able to challenge Juve for the tittle next season but the Bianconeri are still favorites, especially if they land Ibra. Those two will finish top 2 no doubt leaving only one CL spot. Inter will come no where near third place in the next season, I'm sure. Fiorentina look like they're going to lose Jovetic which would put a huge dent in their CL hopes. Lazio, Roma and Napoli will be fighting for 3rd. If Napoli lose Cavani, I think Roma will be favorites.

I think Milan will be able to challenge Juve for the tittle next season but the Bianconeri are still favorites, especially if they land Ibra. Those two will finish top 2 no doubt leaving only one CL spot. Inter will come no where near third place in the next season, I'm sure. Fiorentina look like they're going to lose Jovetic which would put a huge dent in their CL hopes. Lazio, Roma and Napoli will be fighting for 3rd. If Napoli lose Cavani, I think Roma will be favorites.

Is Conte like going to sell any of the STs away? I mean he's already got 4 now - Llorente, Vucinic, Quagliarella and Matri. Higuain is rumoured to be joining Juve and surely Conte is not thinking of getting Ibrahimovic too??

Is Conte like going to sell any of the STs away? I mean he's already got 4 now - Llorente, Vucinic, Quagliarella and Matri. Higuain is rumoured to be joining Juve and surely Conte is not thinking of getting Ibrahimovic too??

Quagliarella is most probably leaving. Matri could go as well. A month a go it was looking very likely that we will get Ibra, he even came out and said that he would be honored to return to Juve but the rumors have slowed down now but it is very likely. I think he'll take a pay cut to return.

EDIT: One more thing, Conte threatened to leave if the club did not sign a world class striker, so Juve will definitely sign one.

Quagliarella is most probably leaving. Matri could go as well. A month a go it was looking very likely that we will get Ibra, he even came out and said that he would be honored to return to Juve but the rumors have slowed down now but it is very likely. I think he'll take a pay cut to return.

Wouldn't then Higuain be a better option tho rather than Ibrahimovic? Already have a similar imposing ST figure, though with less quality perhaps, in Llorente. Higuain could probably be a replacement for Matri in terms poaching the goals.

Wouldn't then Higuain be a better option tho rather than Ibrahimovic? Already have a similar imposing ST figure, though with less quality perhaps, in Llorente. Higuain could probably be a replacement for Matri in terms poaching the goals.

Regardless of the striker we're going to sign, Llorente was always going to be a squad player.

I'm not sure Higuain would even fit Conte's system.

Regardless of the striker we're going to sign, Llorente was always going to be a squad player.

I'm not sure Higuain would even fit Conte's system.

Not sure if we can say Juve have a 1st choice or squad player STs when Conte has been rotating the front 2...