LDN Blue

10 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Why Southgate doesn't like Grealish? 

The more he does not play, the better he gets. It'd be smart for Southgate to give Grealish a run of games, esp a couple of tough ones, so he either delivers or doesn't. Either way people will get off his back.

As a comparison, not really same player or even same position, but Mount is a starter for a top club. Grealish hasn't achieved that yet and may or may not ever reach that level. Reminder how much influence Barkley had (and will have I bet) at AV.

It's also about team shape and formation: Mount gives you that 3rd CM work rate without the ball (even when playing in attack), which is so important in football.

Watched Italy today: one of the worst italian sides I've seen. Verrati fooled me big time... still looking for something that he does to help his team.

13 hours ago, Last Sicarius said:

After 7 next games and 25 days we will have another international break... Just way?

Broadcasters have paid the International Football federations billions to screen internationals. Its all about the money

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

It baffles me the clubs dont band together and stop this horse shit of a fest

Thing is they are all part of other federations (Uefa) etc and these federations work 'together' as different arms of a business -to make money.

Because the Romans sussed out the secret to keeping populations compliant in their empire was to give them 'Bread and Circuses' - governments encourage the same now  -football is one of the biggest pacifiers :cig:

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Thing is they are all part of other federations (Uefa) etc and these federations work 'together' as different arms of a business -to make money.

Because the Romans sussed out the secret to keeping populations compliant in their empire was to give them 'Bread and Circuses' - governments encourage the same now  -football is one of the biggest pacifiers :cig:

Yes that is true mate, but the clubs hold the ultimate power here not them. If clubs banded together on such matters they would win, if uefa etc plays hardball we will create our own super league, CL and so forth.

As you said its just greedy cunts being greedy as always.

43 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Yes that is true mate, but the clubs hold the ultimate power here not them. If clubs banded together on such matters they would win, if uefa etc plays hardball we will create our own super league, CL and so forth.

As you said its just greedy cunts being greedy as always.

I dont think clubs would do that tbh -nationalism is bound up in so many clubs Royal Madrid for example funded by the Spanish govt. and none of them would be first to put their heads above the parapet and risk losing TV money. Especially when with the pandemic, it is their main source of income

11 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I dont think clubs would do that tbh -nationalism is bound up in so many clubs Royal Madrid for example funded by the Spanish govt. and none of them would be first to put their heads above the parapet and risk losing TV money. Especially when with the pandemic, it is their main source of income

Nahh clubs wont do it sadly, but they should. In the end the clubs paying the price not those greedy bastards. Their hunger for money at all cost is a bottomless pit I swear.

45 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Nahh clubs wont do it sadly, but they should. In the end the clubs paying the price not those greedy bastards. Their hunger for money at all cost is a bottomless pit I swear.

Yeah,  and as if those yank owners of liverpool or United with their grand master plan actually gave a flying fuck about Fleetwood or Stevenage. Do they fuck ! -they wouldnt bat an eyelid if lower league clubs went under. :middlefinger:

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Jason said:

CANCEL INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL!

Now it is a problem to play games across Europe but I want EURO next summer even in Russia without fans. We did not have major competition since 2018. And after next week play off I do not really care about int. football till EURO.