LDN Blue

Italy has been very strong. Total control over the game in attack (particularly on the left flank with Insigne&Spinazzola making Dutch look like fools), midfield and defence, and their goal was absolutely brilliant as well. Holland even tried to stop Italy's midfield by going with 4 midfielders in this game but so far it hasn't been successful

42 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Italy has been very strong. Total control over the game in attack (particularly on the left flank with Insigne&Spinazzola making Dutch look like fools), midfield and defence, and their goal was absolutely brilliant as well. Holland even tried to stop Italy's midfield by going with 4 midfielders in this game but so far it hasn't been successful

Yep, Jorginho bossing Gigi and De Jong...

21 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

Such an uninspiring line-up emoji30.png
Pickford, Dier? really?
No Grealish, no Mount... Southgate went on a nice ride for 2018 WC but I think England could do so much better than him...

944c753e934d09c258470aaf17a050c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southgate is a wasteman

25 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

Pickford, Dier? really?
No Grealish, no Mount... Southgate went on a nice ride for 2018 WC but I think England could do so much better than him...

944c753e934d09c258470aaf17a050c3.jpg

Do you really think we done well in the WC.. We never beat one single good team.. 

Do you really think we done well in the WC.. We never beat one single good team.. 

Agree with this but in the context of England results in WCs for previous 25 years before that, semi final was a decent achievement (even if the path to SFs was fairly easy)

But yeah he needs to go, the line-ups he’s picking recently are horrible and so was the game v. Iceland (lucky not to draw with them missing a penalty in the last minutes)

1 hour ago, oldportblue said:

Pickford, Dier? really?

If he had any worth he would not be with national team.

Last World Cup semi finals: Martinez, Southgate, Deschamps, Dalic. 4 coaches, zero quality, this is reality with national teams.

1 hour ago, guddy69 said:

Yes. Columbia are a good team and England have a wretched record against Sweden, did well to get to a semi.

He won me over around that time but relostmy support since, the last two lineup's have been hopelessly depressing.

13 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Yes. Columbia are a good team and England have a wretched record against Sweden, did well to get to a semi.

He won me over around that time but relostmy support since, the last two lineup's have been hopelessly depressing.

Nothing special there. 3 losses against Belgium 2x and Croatia. Draw with solid Colombia team after 120 mins. England only won against two semi pro teams in group stage and Sweden (probably not in top20 teams in the world).

Semi final is obvy great result but they would not have a chance against top teams like France, Brazil...