Aston Villa vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

Ivanovic simply cannot find the net since his brace at Anfield (that one against Bolton was just from one half his). His position play in the opponent's box is perfect but that bad luck is already annoying!

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how people are saying drawing away from home against a bogey team is a shit result.

We lost there last season, meaning we're a point better off from the corresponding fixture from last term. We won the league by a point last season so this could be the difference once again.

It isn't as if United won and put the pressure on us. I'm very happy that we've got ANOTHER really hard away game out of the way without having been punished for it!!

Funny how people are saying drawing away from home against a bogey team is a shit result.

We lost there last season, meaning we're a point better off from the corresponding fixture from last term. We won the league by a point last season so this could be the difference once again.

It isn't as if United won and put the pressure on us. I'm very happy that we've got ANOTHER really hard away game out of the way without having been punished for it!!

Why do people keep mentioning Man Utd but not mention Arsenal ?

Fair result, we should've probably nicked it, but a point at Villa park is nothing to be ashamed of :)

I was glad to see the return of José Bosingwa, his first touch (being that cross) just said "I'm back!!".. I just hope Carlo's not giving up on Kakuta (I doubt he is, but you know). Hopefully Sturridge will be back for Spartak so Anelka has that extra support.

5points clear! :D

Happy with the point, we dominated the ball the entire match but we didn't look lethal up front. Midfield lacked creativity, but Anelka should've finished that header from Ashley's cross, he knows he should've done better.

Defo happy with the draw, we don't do well there and i remember how pissed off i was after the game there last season. Losing is gutting and ruins every weekend. Happier even more-so because of Reo Cokers late miss. 5 points clear, still been top since matchday 1 and enjoying it. 1 point gained, NOT 2 points dropped!

Hi guys I tried signing up last week in pre-match to the game but needed validating by an admin. All good now though but I'm a Villa season ticket holder and would firstly like to say well played today, on and off the field. I take notice of opposition fans and I know you are Champions but it's nice to see a sold out away end at the Villa. Loved it when you were all bouncing by the way, that looked good from where I was sat (Holte End), I believe it was part of a song.

Anyway, on with the performance regarding your team. I think if you had Drogba today you would have won, Lampard & Drogba you would have definitely won. I'm judging that on taken chances. Aston Villa need a goalscorer, every Villa fan will tell you that is the first thing on our shopping list. We had numerous chances especially at the start of the game where we should have took the lead and then Reo-Cokers chance at the end, that is a kick in the teeth. I liked your style of play, you play quick, sharp football and I can see why you've thumped teams over the years (us 7-1 last season). Never minded Chelsea so godo luck for the rest of the season chaps, I'd rather you win it than any other of the top 4. (Y)

I understand why some are disappointed, with Man Utd dropping points today it would have been nice to open up a 7 point lead. However at least they didnt win and the gap at the top is still 5 points which, if it was on offer, Im sure we all would have taken before the start of this weekend.

Something that bugged me a bit though was that too many times when we got crosses into the box there was only Nicolas Anelka to aim for, nobody from midfield or coming in from wide were able to support him often enough. When Drogba plays he is a big target in the air and Nic is usually running in behind him and you have Lampard coming from deep, not enough options I thought today. Also some of our passing was very sloppy, not Chelsea like at all.

I thought Ivanovic played a stormer and it was good to see McEachran and Bosingwa get game time, all in all decent result and we remain 5 points clear at the top.

Hi guys I tried signing up last week in pre-match to the game but needed validating by an admin. All good now though but I'm a Villa season ticket holder and would firstly like to say well played today, on and off the field. I take notice of opposition fans and I know you are Champions but it's nice to see a sold out away end at the Villa. Loved it when you were all bouncing by the way, that looked good from where I was sat (Holte End), I believe it was part of a song.

Anyway, on with the performance regarding your team. I think if you had Drogba today you would have won, Lampard & Drogba you would have definitely won. I'm judging that on taken chances. Aston Villa need a goalscorer, every Villa fan will tell you that is the first thing on our shopping list. We had numerous chances especially at the start of the game where we should have took the lead and then Reo-Cokers chance at the end, that is a kick in the teeth. I liked your style of play, you play quick, sharp football and I can see why you've thumped teams over the years (us 7-1 last season). Never minded Chelsea so godo luck for the rest of the season chaps, I'd rather you win it than any other of the top 4. (Y)

Welcome along mate! Im pretty sure i accepted your request on Wednesday. Did you get some sort of confirmation?

was it disappointing not to get back with the three points ??? absolutely not !!!!

we were playing without our play-maker and goalscorer not only that but also their replacements are injured as well (kalou and yossi) .... i won't mention alex because we didn't miss him too much thanks ivanovic ....

astonvilla is one of the toughest teams to face in their home , they have won against us and united last year so that one point is very satisfying for me .

we had some bad luck , it would have been nice if nico scored that easy header or if ivan's header was a 1 inch to the right but also it would have been very frustrating if collins header was to get in our net or if cech didn't save our ass in the first 15 minutes .

essien wasn't the monster he usually is , anelka was not in his day and he wasted a lot of effort and space by getting outside the box when we desperately needed someone to stick on the inside , kakuta was very disappointing specially that we are all waiting him to be the next wonder-kid in world football .

but zhirkov was amazing today he looked very lively and i actually think we should try to use him as a winger more often . McEacheran was great as usual also ivanovic , terry , mikel , malouda and specially peter cech was very good today

but the greatest positive for me was Jose Bosingwa , he is finally back and he looks not far from getting in shape and back to form and he will be a great aid in the future so we won't have to make all our plays and attacks from the left as we will have one of the best attacking RBs in the world .

My biggest concern now is Man City , a lot have been mentioning how great it is that Man utd has lost two points but in all fairness i don't think our main challenger will be united but it's definitely gonna be city !!! they are only 2 points behind while they have already played us , tottenham , liverpool . and the problem is they are only gonna get better with time once they get together as a team they will be the team to watch out for ...

EPL titles are always won by the best defense and their defense record has been amazing and physically i think they are the only team that can compete with us and they have some amazind depth and talent in their squad so Watch out for Man Shitty