Aston Villa vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

I don't get why Yuri is always down the pecking order, he's a real quality player and although i think Kakuta will be great, he's not ready yet to start these kinds of games. Yuri destroyed Villa at the bridge last season, winning 2 penalties where he woulda probably scored. He's quick, has quick feet and lots of class. I'd play him right now, and he can play an array of positions to an extremely high standard. He was good when he came on, Kakuta was really nervous.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad Zhirkov is actually playing advanced positions now it's where he is best playing running at defenders and delivering crosses. Yeah he can fit in at leftback if needed but he should get more chances playing left mid/fwd I think.

Yup, been saying that since his arrival at Chelsea. Yesterday was actually his first(!) game where he played in his natural position with us.

He's such an quality player.

It showed again how much we miss Lampard, and I am not talking about his box to box game. Essien, playing in Frank's position, is definitely a quality shooter, however just like at Man City he had some opportunities to shoot and did so but never really threatened their goalkeeper. If you give Lampard such positions....

FC ASTON VILLA VS FC CHELSEA LONDON 0:0

goalkeeper: cech

defense: ferreira (bosingwa 75min.) - ivanovic - terry - cole

midfield: essien - mikel - ramires (mceachran 75min.)

attack: kakuta (zhirkov half time) - anelka - malouda

damn.. we could not win away vs aston villa, but 1 point away vs aston villa is also okey!!

cool.. my african jose bosingwa is back after injury in the lineup, this are great news!!

damn.. i miss my africans salomon kalou & didier Drogba in the lineup, are there any injury news??

damn.. i miss my assist & goalscorer frank lampard in the lineup, are there any injury news??

Here's my (belated) post match rant.

• Not a bad result by any means but we shouldn't repeat last year's failure to capitalize when the Mancs fail.I would have taken a point before the game but Champions should always be disappointed with anything less than 3 points.
  • Anelka was by far our worst player,the million $ question is(and has been for about a year not) whether he can still play as a proper striker,he did his job fine against Zilina but he was just awful yesterday.
  • Ivanovic was my MotM with Petr Cech being 2nd.In my opinion Ivanovic hasn't been really good as an RB this season and yesterday his performance as a CB was excellent.Petr saved our skins in the first few minutes.
  • I was really un-impressed with CA's substitutions.He has a tendency to get some specific players subbed even if there are others who should come off the pitch.Ramires and Ferreira were having good games while Essien was very poor yet for some reason Ramires was taken off.I reckon we could have used Borini as we clearly lacked a front-man and I didn't see the point of Josh coming on or Gael coming off.
  • Kakuta had a mediocre game but he was not the only one,only Ivanovic,Malouda and Cech stood off in the first half.
  • Josh had a good game,he looks more like a trustworthy squad member by the day.His yellow card was the most ridiculous card I've seen in the past few years.
  • Bosingwa looked sharp,with all due respect to both Ivanovic and Ferreira our right flank hasn't been that active for some time now.Glad to have him back.Now Ivanovic may actually get some rest.
  • Zhirkov was always going to be great on the wing but I'm disappointed with the way we have treated him.He was making runs all the time only to be ignored by either Ash or Anelka.He doesn't look like member of the "team" yet,Cole is so good playing with Malouda that Zhirkov is often left out of our attacks.

^ Think Carlo took Ramires off because he took a knock on the ankle. But yes, if there's one criticism of Carlo, it's that his substitutions are ineffective on most occasions.

To be fair, we haven't got the best squad depth at the current moment.

True, but even when we have a full squad, his substitutions aren't inspired. It's the only area of management in which imo Jose does better, and by a mile too.

Yeah, but Carlo has used the Youth more then Jose. Avram had a nack of bringing on someone who could change the game, via it was someone who would have been a first team player in the right position.