Chelsea vs Olympique de Marseille

BlueLion.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I would never be a pundit ...as I saw the second half OM had territorial adventage in 2nd half but rarely threatened....We created the

clearest chances and with a lil luck could have scored 4 in the half ....but then IM not andy F*****ing Gray ....thank god

Good first half, dissapointing second.

Zhirkov should have came off earlier.

Don't really understand why it was a disappointing second. We didn't concede and did what was needed to get the 3 points. We have a smaller squad this season and do not want to burn out when we have important games coming up in the league.

Couldn't agree more.

And me lol

PLEASE dont refer to him as J-Mac.

Well its a win, and 3 points, with a clean sheet so cant complain too much, although I was getting frustrated with us giving the ball away so much in the second half, we were coasting and it worried me a little, just a good job they were shite and couldnt create fuck all.

Kakuta played well, great to see him in the team, would love to see him terrorise Arsenals mickey mouse defence!!

Don't really understand why it was a disappointing second. We didn't concede and did what was needed to get the 3 points. We have a smaller squad this season and do not want to burn out when we have important games coming up in the league.

The fact that Marseille was in complete control and the players just seemed off. We were lucky, imo, that we didn't conceed. I think the players would be more burnt out running after the ball because they didn't have the possession. To be fair, i think we should have made attack better, and that we showed some weakness down the right hand flank no and then and even the right winger had to come all the way back to help defend, making an counter attack even less strong. Like i said, if Zhirkov came off earlier that we would at least have more control in midfeild.

EDIT: Oh and the constant switching off players in positions, imo didn't help either. Malouda in the right wing isn't as strong on his left, and Kakuta in CM isn't as strong either, and also tires them out more.

Very good first half, particular down the left side where most of our chances were created. Sat back second half, defended well, didnt give up any silly chances and even in a half where we sat bck we still hit the post 3 times and Sturridge missed a tap in so it cant have been all bad.

Terry, Cole, Essien, Anelka and Kakuta all had good games, best of the lot for me was Malouda.

Good, pretty easy win, good confidence builder for the Arsenal game on Sunday.

Note: Alex should hit more of our free kicks and please start Ramires on Sunday ahead of Zhirkov.

And me lol

PLEASE dont refer to him as J-Mac.

Well its a win, and 3 points, with a clean sheet so cant complain too much, although I was getting frustrated with us giving the ball away so much in the second half, we were coasting and it worried me a little, just a good job they were shite and couldnt create fuck all.

Kakuta played well, great to see him in the team, would love to see him terrorise Arsenals mickey mouse defence!!

The fact that Marseille was in complete control and the players just seemed off. We were lucky, imo, that we didn't conceed. I think the players would be more burnt out running after the ball because they didn't have the possession. To be fair, i think we should have made attack better, and that we showed some weakness down the right hand flank no and then and even the right winger had to come all the way back to help defend, making an counter attack even less strong. Like i said, if Zhirkov came off earlier that we would at least have more control in midfeild.

EDIT: Oh and the constant switching off players in positions, imo didn't help either. Malouda in the right wing isn't as strong on his left, and Kakuta in CM isn't as strong either, and also tires them out more.

these.