Contract Discussion

BlueLion.

Won't be surprised if Bosingwa's contract isn't renewed. The injury predictably took a lot out of him and he just doesn't look like the player we signed in 08. Performances have been poor, though you can say that about the whole team with the exception of Cech. Those Srna rumours might start rearing up once again in Jan.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't be surprised if Bosingwa's contract isn't renewed. The injury predictably took a lot out of him and he just doesn't look like the player we signed in 08. Performances have been poor, though you can say that about the whole team with the exception of Cech. Those Srna rumours might start rearing up once again in Jan.

Agreed, he showed flashes of his brilliance but I guess all we can do is give Jose a bit more time.

• 1 month later...

VitalChelsea had a good piece on Chelsea's contracts.Head to VitalFootball for the read and here's the important list:

• Group I - 2016 - David Luiz, Fernando Torres, Branislav Ivanovic
  • Group II - 2015 - Kakuta, Essien, Delac, Kalas
  • Group III - 2014 - Ramires, Terry, Mikel, Bruma
  • Group IV - 2013 - Sturridge, Turnbull, Mancienne, Cech, Ashley Malouda, Lampard, Benayoun, Ferreira, Alex, Josh McEachran
  • Group V - 2012 - Drogba, Kalou, Anelka, Zhirkov, Cork, Van Aanholt, Rajkovic, Bosingwa*, Ancelotti

The writer explains things pretty well but here are some extra thoughts:

This list will help us understand Chelsea's view(not Ancelotti's) on some of our players. While it may have much to do with having the possibility to cash in from a sale later I'm quite surprised with Kakuta, Delac and Kalas having longer contracts than most players. If I'm not mistaken all three of them were Arnesen signings and if we're to judge by Kakuta's contact (which was signed after he announced his decision) they are here to stay and will probably outlast Ancelotti.

By signing Luiz some thought it meant the end of Alex and it's interesting to notice that his contract will end simultaneously with Ferreira's and Benayoun's contacts. Seeing all three of them walk in 2013 (or earlier) won't surprise me.

Seeing that Drogba, Anelka and Kalou will be out of contract in 2012 helps us understand the need for a World Class striker in Torres moreover it makes other high-profile attacking transfers more likely than we might have thought.

The club has kept Cork and Rajkovic far too long without using them so it's likely we're trying to sell them and with their contracts running out their market value has probably shrunk.

Imo.

Renew: Van Aanholt, Bosingwa, Sturridge, Cech, A Cole, Lampard, Alex & McEachran

The rest (who's expire in 2012) should be sold/released. The ones who expire in 2013 should use the next 18months (ish) to step up their game and prove they're worth keeping.

Guest justin_3d

I might be wrong, but I get the feelling tha Kalou will get a extension.

Kalou is a very important player cause he is a super sub. And since he don't mind sitting on the bench he is a great asset.

We can't have two world strikers and one great striker sitting on the bench. They would never go for that, it is why Kalou is very important!

In the summer,first off, (IMO) pay off Ancelotti.:whistling:

Then sit down with the players with 1 & 2 years left on their contracts and figure out whether we're keeping & extending contracts or selling them.

Personally i'd definately flog Ferreira,not too sure about the rest.