Essien on international hiatus

Badboy

Michael Essien has decided to temporarily stop playing for the Ghana national side in order to focus on his club career with Chelsea.

Essien sustained a knee injury at the African Nations Cup in January that ruled him out for the remainder of Chelsea's season, as well as the 2010 World Cup.

"I think I will be taking a break," Essien said. "Not retiring, just not playing for time. I have to take the right decision for myself. I don't know whether they will be disappointed because they have done fine without me."

Essien's statement comes as a real setback for Ghana coach Milovan Rajevac,who said recently that he was looking forward to Essien returning to the Black Stars squad having missed the World Cup in South Africa.

"Michael is still an important component of this side, he is a special player," Rajevac said. "Essien brings a special dimension to this team. We are looking forward to having him back with us."

Source world soccer

http://www.worldsoccer.com/news/Essien_takes_a_break_from_international_duty_news_301203.html

Edited by Badboy

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did an interview in The Times last week about this, I forgot to post it.

He's very annoyed with the Ghana medicals in fact. When he got injured the first time in 2008 it was an anterior cruciate ligament injury. From then he knew what it felt like and how the pain felt. When he went to ACN and got injured again the doctors said straight away it was a anterior cruciate ligament injury again, however he knew different. He said it wasn't the same pain nor was it in the same place. He refused to believe what they said.

So upon that, he came back to England and got tested by our doctors in which they told him it was a different kind. He says he doesn't want to play for Ghana because he feels it will affect his Chelsea career.

In short, the man is putting Club over Country.

He did an interview in The Times last week about this, I forgot to post it.

He's very annoyed with the Ghana medicals in fact. When he got injured the first time in 2008 it was an anterior cruciate ligament injury. From then he knew what it felt like and how the pain felt. When he went to ACN and got injured again the doctors said straight away it was a anterior cruciate ligament injury again, however he knew different. He said it wasn't the same pain nor was it in the same place. He refused to believe what they said.

So upon that, he came back to England and got tested by our doctors in which they told him it was a different kind. He says he doesn't want to play for Ghana because he feels it will affect his Chelsea career.

In short, the man is putting Club over Country.

It is the club which pays his wages.

Lol but why does essien love chelsea so much he would do anything for us. You never here essien being in contract talks with the club he just signs lol BREAKING NEWS ON SKYPORTS ESSIEN HAS SIGNED NEW 5 YEAR DEAL MORE INFO COMING SOON.......... LOL that is the way he deals with the club. He is just happy playing football his agent probably has no use to him hahahahah i love the guy !. Even the way he fought lyon to come to chelsea fc , fucking hunger strike lol hahahahaha MICHEAL ESSIEN THE BLUE WARRIOR ! blue%20scalf.gif

Edited by Badboy