Kalou and the Age Difference of all our forwards

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember Terry hitting the ball over from a yard out in the 0-0 draw with Hull in 2009? Malouda missing an open goal against Stoke? Essien hitting the bar from two yards against Arsenal in 2006? Lampard's missed glorious chances; as have Anelka, Drogba, et al. I find us Chelsea fans can be incredibly cynical! You can cheer when he scores, but boo him when he passes up good chances. Don't get me wrong, he drives me up the wall with some of his performances, but as far as I'm concerned, we as fans should be focusing on the brilliant things he did last season, like the brilliant header against Cardiff, his hattrick against Stoke, his performance at Anfield and so on. No footballer is perfect!

His performances are improving and he is becoming a big goal threat for us. The statistics demonstrate that! You have to appreciate the number of substitute appearances Kalou has made, though.

• 2006/07 - 58 appearances (25 starts/33 sub appearances), 9 goals + 10 assists - a goal every 6.0 games/a goal every 2.8 starts.
  • 2007/08 - 44 appearances (31 starts/13 sub appearances), 9 goals + 10 assists - a goal every 4.9 games/a goal every 3.5 starts.
  • 2008/09 - 43 appearances (30 starts/13 sub appearances), 10 goals + 10 assists - a goal every 4.3 games/a goal every 3.0 starts.
  • 2009/10 - 37 appearances (21 starts/16 sub appearances), 12 goals + 5 assists - a goal every 3.1 games/a goal every 1.8 starts.
  • 2010/11 - 2 appearances (1 start/1 sub appearances), 1 goal + 0 assists - a goal every 2.0 games/a goal every 1.0 starts.

Meaning in 184 games (108 starts/76 sub appearances), Kalou has scored 41 goals + 35 assists, meaning he has contributed to a goal every 2.4 games/1.4 starts. Not bad reading in my books.

stats can be misleading but in this case give the lie to the cheap gag that he is Kalouless ....Im sure those stats easily surpass Joe Coles

Indeed they can be misleading - he can play awful and score a brace, for instance. But still very interesting reading in my book, his goals-to-games average is better than Anelka and Malouda.

That is because he is a pure goal hanger his lack of technique when shooting forces him to stand by the goal keeper. Anelka and Malouda impose there ability on other teams, Kalou is a total waste of space in my opinion. Also kalou is not even that quick, i don't know were people get that myth from, i have seen richard dunne out sprint kalou !

That is because he is a pure goal hanger his lack of technique when shooting forces him to stand by the goal keeper. Anelka and Malouda impose there ability on other teams, Kalou is a total waste of space in my opinion. Also kalou is not even that quick, i don't know were people get that myth from, i have seen richard dunne out sprint kalou !

i think overreacting quite a bit. he can be really good at times just is inconsistent. he will be very important for us in a couple years and the years to come unless we buy some experienced forwards. and obviously u have never watched him because he is very quick. i dont like kalou but i am liking him more and more all the time. every team needs players like him that can make an impact coming off the bench and dont complain about match time.

you should go to Specs savers or at least take your blinkers off

i think overreacting quite a bit. he can be really good at times just is inconsistent. he will be very important for us in a couple years and the years to come unless we buy some experienced forwards. and obviously u have never watched him because he is very quick. i dont like kalou but i am liking him more and more all the time. every team needs players like him that can make an impact coming off the bench and dont complain about match time.

Kalou is not very quick at all, he is average at best.

He is seriously under rated by Chelsea fans. Kalou steps up when needed all the time, might not set the world alight all the time but when you look at the mins he plays and the goals and assists he picks up then people will wise up to how good he is. He will start to mature and lose the silly parts to his game. That is already happening too, he doesn't take as much out of the ball anymore. I am happy with Kalou.

A new Drogba type player will be needed when Drogs isnt up to it, Kalou isn't the type to take this role. Kalou will easily replace Anelka but we will need a Drogba type signing to replace him, unless Sturridge grows a foot and takes up weights now.

I hope you stay posting on this forum because your 1 of about 10 that speak sense.

for me, in some ways the Paul Canoville of his time..tho thankfully without the vile rascist taunts from our own fans in his case...such an enigma..such a white knuckle ride when the ball is at his feet,knowing that virtually anything could happen next...

i`m very torn on Kalou...i don`t see why he shouldn`t keep his place in our 1st team squad for this season atleast tho....the positives of keeping him outweigh the negatives at present IMHO...

although he`s been here 4 years, he is on his 5th different coach at the moment,some of our more senior players have struggled at times with the far too frequent changes...is not gonna be easier for a player who is going through his development years, and until now..apart from Hiddink (who wasn`t here long enough to help him properly) i don`t think he has had the coach with the skills to give him the fine tuning that he needs to become a great, until Carlo came along..

Mourinho is a great tactical coach for developed players who need to just fit into his system...from the outside looking in tho,he doesn`t seem to have been so good at developing good young players into greats, the way Ranieri or Ancelotti have done in the past.

if after another year under Carlo, Kalou has still got those flaws to his game that infuriates so many of us,even the ones who like him...then fair enough,give someone else his playing time..is atleast one year too early now tho for me.

He is seriously under rated by Chelsea fans. Kalou steps up when needed all the time, might not set the world alight all the time but when you look at the mins he plays and the goals and assists he picks up then people will wise up to how good he is. He will start to mature and lose the silly parts to his game. That is already happening too, he doesn't take as much out of the ball anymore. I am happy with Kalou.

A new Drogba type player will be needed when Drogs isnt up to it, Kalou isn't the type to take this role. Kalou will easily replace Anelka but we will need a Drogba type signing to replace him, unless Sturridge grows a foot and takes up weights now.

the foot sturridge needs to grow is HIS RIGHT foot ,,he is so one footed that he will struggle to reach the next level ,,,hope this can be resolved