Kalou and the Age Difference of all our forwards

Sorry if this is long, but i couldnt put it any shorter.

Our trio up top are all 30 years or older with droba 32, anelka 31, and malouda 30. i dont have a problem with this age as i think they can still be great for a couple or a few more years. what is weird to me are the ages of the people that are behind them. Kalou 25, sturridge 20, kakuta 19, borini 19.

The only one aged over 20 is kalou. Now i dont like kalou just like most chelsea fans but i do think he is improving every year and really needs to be more consistence. Sometimes he can be brilliant when he uses his speed to the best of his ability, but usually he is just so frustrating and annoying. he wastes so many chances and just isnt effective enough most of the time.

Even though i don't like kalou that much, i think he may be essential to our team going forward once Drogba anelka and malouda are getting nearer and nearer to the end of their careers.

I think and hope that sturridge is ready but with kalou the one in the middle age and experience wise i think he is crucial.

He will have to lead the line when the others are done or almost done and i hope he can take that charge.

what do you guys think? should we buy someone else once Drogba, anelka, and malouda are done or almost done? can kalou take charge?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can kalou take charge?

Lmao, is that a serious question. Kalou wouldn't even make the tottenham sub bench and Kakuta is miles better.

Besides the club placed a bid for Neymar. Yes we failed to get him, but the fact a bid was made means the club are on the look out.

He is seriously under rated by Chelsea fans. Kalou steps up when needed all the time, might not set the world alight all the time but when you look at the mins he plays and the goals and assists he picks up then people will wise up to how good he is. He will start to mature and lose the silly parts to his game. That is already happening too, he doesn't take as much out of the ball anymore. I am happy with Kalou.

A new Drogba type player will be needed when Drogs isnt up to it, Kalou isn't the type to take this role. Kalou will easily replace Anelka but we will need a Drogba type signing to replace him, unless Sturridge grows a foot and takes up weights now.

what do you guys think? should we buy someone else once Drogba, anelka, and malouda are done or almost done? can kalou take charge?

Kalou could be a good sub. But not more.

To be honest, for replacements i would put Kakuta and Sturridge ahead of him, because they are the Chelsea's futur (mainly Kakuta which has the potential to be one of the best world players) and they need gain experience.

Back in the days, Kalou was a good prospect... But since he was at Chelsea, he never improved. And in my opinion he will no more improve (or just a little bit).

And for me, if he does not show something better this year, then we must get rid of him.

you are trying to look 2 years ahead ,,,2 years is a long time in football ..in fact a week is a long time as the present transfer window as demonstrated ,,,

lets look ahead to Saturday and leave the speculation to the next transfer window ...

Sorry if this is long, but i couldnt put it any shorter.

Our trio up top are all 30 years or older with droba 32, anelka 31, and malouda 30. i dont have a problem with this age as i think they can still be great for a couple or a few more years. what is weird to me are the ages of the people that are behind them. Kalou 25, sturridge 20, kakuta 19, borini 19.

The only one aged over 20 is kalou. Now i dont like kalou just like most chelsea fans but i do think he is improving every year and really needs to be more consistence. Sometimes he can be brilliant when he uses his speed to the best of his ability, but usually he is just so frustrating and annoying. he wastes so many chances and just isnt effective enough most of the time.

Even though i don't like kalou that much, i think he may be essential to our team going forward once Drogba anelka and malouda are getting nearer and nearer to the end of their careers.

I think and hope that sturridge is ready but with kalou the one in the middle age and experience wise i think he is crucial.

He will have to lead the line when the others are done or almost done and i hope he can take that charge.

I'm glad you said that! That's the most important point here, Kalou has the potential to be a Chelsea great! He's a very dangerous attacker, he's got good speed and good ball control. He lacks making chances to score but this can be improved with more playing time. If he puts in more consistent performances then he will be great.

Kalou is someone whom i am not 100% sure on, as a winger he is awful and can't cross so putting on the right wing makes no revelance to me, but as a striker, Kalou is the old type finisher, for example the game where he scored his first hat trick. Each and every goal were tap ins, which he was able to score due to his pace and some awful defending.

My point is that, Drogba is both a finisher and a talented forward who can make his own chances, this is the same which Sturridge is molding into. Borini is a typical finisher, which i think he is a superb player at. Kalou is a player that can be rubbish then average and then finally brilliant, and at Chelsea i don't think we need a player like that. All he seems to do is add more depth but keep out the players that should be playing in order to make it, ie Kakuta whom i can see being a Stoch scenerio if he doesn't get any starts this season, and is holding back his development.

Sturridge and Borini as the ones i want to see, and Kakuta plus Lalkovich (hopefull) for wingers. Fuck the future, these players need developing starting now, and IMHO Kalou is ruining that. He is an average striker who needs to be at an avergae club, and as a winger, maybe relegation level teams.

Kalou has to show signs of being a Chelsea starter now. He's 25 and needs to prove his worth to the team. Okay he's good as an impact sub but at some point that has to be converted to being a good consistent starter and his downfall has always been consistency. Generally speaking I think there's a dearth of good centre forwards in the game today and Kalou imo would be best playing off such a striker.

He is seriously under rated by Chelsea fans. Kalou steps up when needed all the time, might not set the world alight all the time but when you look at the mins he plays and the goals and assists he picks up then people will wise up to how good he is. He will start to mature and lose the silly parts to his game. That is already happening too, he doesn't take as much out of the ball anymore. I am happy with Kalou.

A new Drogba type player will be needed when Drogs isnt up to it, Kalou isn't the type to take this role. Kalou will easily replace Anelka but we will need a Drogba type signing to replace him, unless Sturridge grows a foot and takes up weights now.

That pretty much sums up my opinion of him, i think he is a good squad player who we could depend on to beat the lesser teams in the league when Drogs injured etc.

I think we should keep hold of him and concentrate on finding a suitable replacement to Drogba.

In my opinion, Kalou is not going to improve, Inconsistancy and a frustrating habit overdoing things will always be the case for him.

Clearly the club are looking and young options for replacements for the forwards mentioned, we have our own already in Sturridge and Kakuta but yes we need another. Neymar was the clear choice by the club! Do they have a back up option for this window? I doubt it, but somewhere down the line we will see another young forward come in.

I know many guys here don't like Kalou, but if we sell him now than in 2-3 years when Drogba, Anelka and Malouda retire we won't have any experience in our attack. That is why I think we need one or two attacking players who are 22-25 years old and could replace the DAM Trio. The player that fits the bill is of course Sergio Kun Aguero, who needs to be our top priority in next 2 transfer windows. Also players like Ashley Young, Edin Dzeko or maybe Robinho could be very usefull in our squad.

Lampard missed a penalty but people seem keen to forget that one quickly.

Kalou's decent. He will never be as good as Anelka or Didier, so we should stop comparing them. He's got his best years ahead of him, is exceptionally fast and always gets 10 goals a season. He is improving - gradually - and even if he isn't starting XI material, he's a brilliant substitute with his pace and trickery. He's a valuable and underrated asset, people only seem to focus on his mistakes rather than his good performances.

Lampard missed a penalty but people seem keen to forget that one quickly.

Kalou's decent. He will never be as good as Anelka or Didier, so we should stop comparing them. He's got his best years ahead of him, is exceptionally fast and always gets 10 goals a season. He is improving - gradually - and even if he isn't starting XI material, he's a brilliant substitute with his pace and trickery. He's a valuable and underrated asset, people only seem to focus on his mistakes rather than his good performances.

How can you compare penalty to shooting to empty goal from 5 meters or less unsure.gif

Remember Terry hitting the ball over from a yard out in the 0-0 draw with Hull in 2009? Malouda missing an open goal against Stoke? Essien hitting the bar from two yards against Arsenal in 2006? Lampard's missed glorious chances; as have Anelka, Drogba, et al. I find us Chelsea fans can be incredibly cynical! You can cheer when he scores, but boo him when he passes up good chances. Don't get me wrong, he drives me up the wall with some of his performances, but as far as I'm concerned, we as fans should be focusing on the brilliant things he did last season, like the brilliant header against Cardiff, his hattrick against Stoke, his performance at Anfield and so on. No footballer is perfect!

His performances are improving and he is becoming a big goal threat for us. The statistics demonstrate that! You have to appreciate the number of substitute appearances Kalou has made, though.

• 2006/07 - 58 appearances (25 starts/33 sub appearances), 9 goals + 10 assists - a goal every 6.0 games/a goal every 2.8 starts.
  • 2007/08 - 44 appearances (31 starts/13 sub appearances), 9 goals + 10 assists - a goal every 4.9 games/a goal every 3.5 starts.
  • 2008/09 - 43 appearances (30 starts/13 sub appearances), 10 goals + 10 assists - a goal every 4.3 games/a goal every 3.0 starts.
  • 2009/10 - 37 appearances (21 starts/16 sub appearances), 12 goals + 5 assists - a goal every 3.1 games/a goal every 1.8 starts.
  • 2010/11 - 2 appearances (1 start/1 sub appearances), 1 goal + 0 assists - a goal every 2.0 games/a goal every 1.0 starts.

Meaning in 184 games (108 starts/76 sub appearances), Kalou has scored 41 goals + 35 assists, meaning he has contributed to a goal every 2.4 games/1.4 starts. Not bad reading in my books.