Hip Hop discussion

Aria

Cannot stand that hipster cunt, follow deadendhiphop instead.

Yea, DEHH are class actually, but those guys are not as articulate as Anthony can be, his Kendrick reviews are GOAT. The only Needledrop reviews I haven't agreed with are Nas's Life Is Good and Kanye's MBDTF, but he still made solid points about those two that gave me a new perspective.

Nah, Jon Connor needs to rap over original production, could barely get through that Kanye tribute, those beats have been overplayed. His 'Unconscious State' mixtape was incredible though.

Hear Jon Connors mixtape over Kanye beats? Eminem beats? Illllllllll.

Slept on Jon Connor too long. Listened to a few of his songs before but just finished listening to his Eminem and Kanye West tribute mixtapes. This dude is so fucking dope. Dr. Dre sure knows how to spot em.

Haven't kept up to date with new hip-hop lately.. So I downloaded "Unconscious State" by this Jon Connor.

It's outstanding. Serves me right for sleeping on hip-hop and realising it too late.. He has potential to make a big impact, and with Aftermath behind him he can excel.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to the Mike Will Made It single with Kendrick Lamar 'Buy The World'...

Haven't heard anything from him in a while, hopefully it's because he's working on the follow up to GKMC.

Fuck me, why did I never buy (or at least download) a Roots Manuva album before?! JFC

Their new shit comes across a bit 'preachy' tbh.

Been listening to Lupe's Food & Liquor again lately, definitely one of the GOAT rap albums. I understand that releasing an album after such a masterpiece like F&L is tough with all the expectations but gosh, "Lasers" was really a MASSIVE drop-off instrumental-wise.

Been listening to Lupe's Food & Liquor again lately, definitely one of the GOAT rap albums. I understand that releasing an album after such a masterpiece like F&L is tough with all the expectations but gosh, "Lasers" was really a MASSIVE drop-off instrumental-wise.

Food and Liquor is one of my top 10 favorite albums. The Cool is amazing also. He put out 2 classics, then came out with shit. It's a shame.

The tracklist for Ab-Souls 'These Days' looks GOAT!

1. “God’s Reign” feat. SZA (produced by Purity Ring)
2. “Tree of Life” (produced Curti$$ King and DJ Dahi)
3. “Hunnid Stax” feat. ScHoolboy Q (produced by Kenny Beats)
4. “Dub Sac” (produced by Dave Free & Tommy Black)
5. “World Runners” feat. Lupe Fiasco and Nikki Jean (produced by Tae Beast)
6. “Nevermind That” feat. Rick Ross (produced by The Kathy)
7. “TWACT” feat. Jinx and Short Dawg (produced by DNYC3)
8. “Just Have Fun” (produced by Like and Blended Babies)
9. “Kendrick Lamar’s Interlude” feat. Kendrick Lamar (produced by Terrace Martin)
10. “Closure” (produced by Sounwave)
11. “Sapiosexual” (produced by J. Cole)
12. “Stigmata” feat. Action Bronson and Asaad (produced by Rahki)
13. “Feelin’ Us” feat. Jay Rock and RaVaughn (produced by Skhye Hutch)
14. “Ride Slow” feat. Danny Brown and Delusional Thomas (produced by Larry Fisherman)
15. “W.R.O.H.” feat. JMSN (produced by Tae Beast)

Hunnid Stax was wack but Sigmata & Tree of life were solid.

• 2 weeks later...