Hip Hop discussion

Aria

Basically I meant : west coast rap promotes the violence, while the east coast rap condemns it.

Fair enough then..

But I think the coast-to-coast diversion has died down in recent years. Rappers have stopped being so stereotypical of their coast and started finding their own flows.

You can't overrate Pac

Tupac is grossly overrated. I'm not saying he wasn't good, but the amount people have gone on about him, compared to how much they've actually listened to him is stupid.

I hate those people with a passion LMAO.

Like if you're going to rate Tupac, at least listen to all his real albums!

Jay-Z has a similar problem, people judge him based on rihanna & beyonce' collaborations. Instead of albums like Reasonable doubt, American gangster & Blueprint 1 & 2.

'Fuck Jay-Z' is the most retarded thing any hip hop fan could ever say.

Jay-Z has a similar problem, people judge him based on rihanna & beyonce' collaborations. Instead of albums like Reasonable doubt, American gangster & Blueprint 1 & 2.

'Fuck Jay-Z' is the most retarded thing any hip hop fan could ever say.

Totally agree. I've been listening to Reasonable Doubt ever since you mentioned it on this thread in fact. Classic.

Cole under pressure, what that make? Diamonds

%28Y%29.gif%28Y%29.gif%28Y%29.gif%28Y%29.gif%28Y%29.gif

He killed it. Can't wait for his debut album.

People are underestimating the line "Cole under pressure what that make? Diamonds"... it actually has 4 meanings:

1. Scientifically Coal under high amounts of pressure makes diamonds

2. When Cole is under pressure, he produces gems (diamonds)

3. He's suggesting his album will reach diamond status

4. He's signed to Roc Nation which uses the diamond as its symbol

J. Cole is lyrically too smart.

What do you guys think of Syles P & Pappoose?

I actually like these 2 guys, consider them very underrated.

Both are great, well Pap was before he just faded away, got fucked over with his album Nacirema Dream and then all the trouble with his wife getting locked up, haven't heard anything about him since he knocked out Fat Joe.

Only really heard Styles P on Jada's stuff, haven't got around to his own albums yet wink.gif

Tupac is grossly overrated. I'm not saying he wasn't good, but the amount people have gone on about him, compared to how much they've actually listened to him is stupid.

Indeed, many people think he's one of the best rappers ever. I mean i don't mind that, it's peoples taste i just get ticked off when people call him the best lyricist when that's not true, because in my opinion overall he's an average lyricist.

Indeed, many people think he's one of the best rappers ever. I mean i don't mind that, it's peoples taste i just get ticked off when people call him the best lyricist when that's not true, because in my opinion overall he's an average lyricist.

Yeah, the thing is. I think he is one of the greats. I've heard all his albums & it's all I listened to growing up (my cousin was a huge Pac head and made me :lol: )

So I don't disagree when people consider him 1 of the best. But when they can't back it up with examples of his songs, I get annoyed. -_-