Hip Hop discussion

Aria

You gotta be joking me, Dark And Twisted Fantasy in my opinion was a big letdown, it was over produced and forced lyricism. ''Get so much head sleepyhollow''... give me a break.

Everyone i know who likes hip hip praises this album as one of the best they have heard for a very long time. I agree with that 100 percent. You are the first I've seen to call it a let down.

I'll give you the point about lyrics but overproduced?

The production was perfect! The whole album was a story, each track linked from the previous to the next. Each individual track was unique, structured & flowed well!

You must be joking me, he had like 8 rythems all shot into one.

Everyone i know who likes hip hip praises this album as one of the best they have heard for a very long time. I agree with that 100 percent. You are the first I've seen to call it a let down.

Honestly?, there's many people who have said it's one of his worst, but people have different tastes, i just thought it was overproduced and forced lyrics, i really can't see it as a masterpiece as some people see it as.

Dr. Dre - Chronic 2001 wasn't 'wu-tang', 'nas - illmatic', super lyrical stuff either. That's not the point.

Wow were did your post come from... and it doesn't have to be the point, i'm just saying the stuff he said wasn't any good, and the production wasn't great for me. Anything else is should enjoy about an album?.

Wow were did your post come from... and it doesn't have to be the point, i'm just saying the stuff he said wasn't any good, and the production wasn't great for me. Anything else is should enjoy about an album?.

You're wrong, get over it.

Chronic 2001 isn't super-lyrical shit on jazzy beats, and the same goes for dark twisted fantasy, hip hop isn't that one dimensional. Kanye perfected this album, he was crafting each track like a scientist, right down to every string, snare & melody the album is layered, and professional as fuck. Like I said in the original review, this is revolutionary sound and production for the music genre itself.

The claim it's 'over-produced' is an easy, simplistic conclusion for a Kanye hater.

You're wrong, get over it.

Chronic 2001 isn't super-lyrical shit on jazzy beats, and the same goes for dark twisted fantasy, hip hop isn't that one dimensional. Kanye perfected this album, he was crafting each track like a scientist, right down to every string, snare & melody the album is layered, and professional as fuck. Like I said in the original review, this is revolutionary sound and production for the music genre itself.

The claim it's 'over-produced' is an easy, simplistic conclusion for a Kanye hater.

I don't know how i can be wrong in my own taste but okay if that's what you want. Nothing has to be super lyrical, but i like that, that's why i like listening to Big L, fair enough his vocab was very bad but i loved his lyrics, and the beats. Kanye's beats for me, i really cannot listen to them, i find them overproduced, a well crafted album is something like 'Linkin Park - A Thousand Suns' where every track has it's own theme to the song, also the theme of Nuclear sounds in the background of every song, since that's what the albums about. Wests album for me was poor and just to much, fair enough i'll admit i like the simple beat, something like Mobb Deep The Shook Ones, or Jay Z Dead Presidents. However Kanye's for me was just a bit to much i really couldn't enjoy anything on the album, however i did like that track Runaway, that was nice.

I didn't mean to insult you, i'm not like that so don't get angry please. In all honesty i have a very different taste to a lot of people, as for hater, i don't mind Kanye but i dislike a lot of his music. I'm really only a hater of Young Money, because i think the mainstream stuff is garbage, and i'm not to keen on Wiz Khalifa either. Don't mind Fiasco, even though his new album was a bit shocking, though still he had good tracks on it at least.

I don't know how i can be wrong in my own taste but okay if that's what you want. Nothing has to be super lyrical, but i like that, that's why i like listening to Big L, fair enough his vocab was very bad but i loved his lyrics, and the beats. Kanye's beats for me, i really cannot listen to them, i find them overproduced, a well crafted album is something like 'Linkin Park - A Thousand Suns' where every track has it's own theme to the song, also the theme of Nuclear sounds in the background of every song, since that's what the albums about. Wests album for me was poor and just to much, fair enough i'll admit i like the simple beat, something like Mobb Deep The Shook Ones, or Jay Z Dead Presidents. However Kanye's for me was just a bit to much i really couldn't enjoy anything on the album, however i did like that track Runaway, that was nice.

I didn't mean to insult you, i'm not like that so don't get angry please. In all honesty i have a very different taste to a lot of people, as for hater, i don't mind Kanye but i dislike a lot of his music. I'm really only a hater of Young Money, because i think the mainstream stuff is garbage, and i'm not to keen on Wiz Khalifa either. Don't mind Fiasco, even though his new album was a bit shocking, though still he had good tracks on it at least.

This reply was pointless btw, I've already explained why the album isn't 'over produced', and that's that. Your own taste & aesthetic appreciation are two different things. I don't listen to Mozart but I can appreciate that art, and won't go around expressing ill-thought out judgments. If your own hip hop pallet is that one dimensional, then why even comment on a masterpiece album that happens to be different from a Big L record.

Subconsciously I imagine you discredit Kanye's work because he is perceived to be mainstream, and his celebrity status doesn't help either.

This reply was pointless btw, I've already explained why the album isn't 'over produced', and that's that. Your own taste & aesthetic appreciation are two different things. I don't listen to Mozart but I can appreciate that art, and won't go around expressing ill-thought out judgments. If your own hip hop pallet is that one dimensional, then why even comment on a masterpiece album that happens to be different from a Big L record.

Subconsciously I imagine you discredit Kanye's work because he is perceived to be mainstream, and his celebrity status doesn't help either.

I didn't know everything you say turns out to be a definition, but don't expect me to worship you. I think it's over produced and you don't, that's okay with me, i just thought it was a big let down that's all, i really didn't think someone would get so mad about what i said.

I didn't know everything you say turns out to be a definition, but don't expect me to worship you. I think it's over produced and you don't, that's okay with me, i just thought it was a big let down that's all, i really didn't think someone would get so mad about what i said.

:rolleyes:

It's not getting 'mad', it's correcting a very ignorant & ill-thought out view. No emotions involved here.

It's not getting 'mad', it's correcting a very ignorant & ill-thought out view. No emotions involved here.

Well it was over produced, how can you like about 6 rythems playing over each other.

Lmao. Remember this is your mindless ill-judged opinion, which is an ignorant one at that, not fact.

How very dare you expose me, well I'm going to say your opinions are ignorant. Mainly because I've got nothing left to say.

The new J. Cole track = dope.

It’s like I’m fuckin’ Oprah, well worth the wait

Maybe over your head, I’m ahead of my time

Niggas scared of my future, I know they dreadin’ my prime

‘Cause I only made classics, now what that take? Timing

Cole under pressure, what that make? Diamonds

%28Y%29.gif%28Y%29.gif%28Y%29.gif%28Y%29.gif%28Y%29.gif

He killed it. Can't wait for his debut album.

RED Album is closer and closer..fuck can't wait anymore

Game's good, but he's been lacking on previous work. I really hope he'll bounce back with RED album.

RedNation was aite. Nothing special, Wayne was unneeded. But I'd like to see him return to his prime ability.