Hip Hop discussion

Aria

Makaveli.. do you have J. Cole's classic mixtapes?

Or do you discredit all new rap music...

Haven't got it yet. I listen to minimum of new rap music..I enjoyed Dr.Dre's 2 new hits, Red Nation and I'm listening much and supporting my cousin here in Slovakia:). I heard of J.Cole's mixtape and gonna get it. I wonder if it's worth listening

Never been a big fan of west coast rap though, East coast (Wu-tang/Nas) is more my taste.

Me neither. I don't like west coast lyrics, this 'gangsta thang'. Even if I love Dre's first album and Eazy-E songs.

I prefer the wise lyrics of the east cost.

I rate Jay-Z higher yes, Although 'the 7 day theory' is my favourite 2Pac album.

Never been a big fan of west coast rap though, East coast (Wu-tang/Nas) is more my taste.

Me neither. I don't like west coast lyrics, this 'gangsta thang'. Even if I love Dre's first album and Eazy-E songs.

I prefer the wise lyrics of the east cost.

Nah, I get what you guys mean. But most of 'Pac's shit wasn't about West vs East. The stuff he spit prior to Death Row was dope, before the whole stuff with Biggie. That's why I rate 2Pacalyse Now so highly because it wasn't about that.. Straight struggle stuff innit

RA Rugged Man. Pure class.

Love the other verison from R.A's compilation album, great verse from celph titled, great song.

Any idea what the last bit is from?? sounds like an english rapper

"Drove myself mad, ?????????? for sanity,

the worlds like a cell, got made just to hold me"

My list 1. Rakim 2. Nas 3. Diabolic 4. Big L 5. Ras Kass however my favs are DMX and Vinnie Paz. And yeah LDN most people just say Pacs the best, and eminem. I think there both overrated myself, still good though.

"Drove myself mad, ?????????? for sanity,

the worlds like a cell, got made just to hold me"

Yeah! I've heard this song 10000 times & still can't figure it out. Drives me insane :\

Agreed his song with Vinnie is class the Vietnam story uncommon valor. LDN since you like IT you would probs know Diabolic?

Yep! Diabolic, Technique, all them cats.. Love those guys.

Throw in Vinnie.. Heck all the Jedi Mind Tricks guys!

My list 1. Rakim 2. Nas 3. Diabolic 4. Big L 5. Ras Kass however my favs are DMX and Vinnie Paz. And yeah LDN most people just say Pacs the best, and eminem. I think there both overrated myself, still good though.

Agree! And like your list too.

It's a real shame Big L was taken when he was.. No doubt he'd have been dubbed better than Pac if he'd released another album.

Agreed, there's a big rumour that he was going to sell our with Jay Z right before he died. Army of the pharaohs are good too, JMT are apart of it. I wouldn't of expected such good rap fans from a football site... usually people only know Pac and Eminem.

Forgot about DMX. Love his style n music. So strong.

Sloth: I would say everyone know just Eminem for his latest collabs n shits

And because he's always number one, and what DMX album is your favourite? for me it's his first one, so strong and good horrorcore.

Nah, I get what you guys mean. But most of 'Pac's shit wasn't about West vs East. The stuff he spit prior to Death Row was dope, before the whole stuff with Biggie. That's why I rate 2Pacalyse Now so highly because it wasn't about that.. Straight struggle stuff innit

Hmmm, LDN, I wasn't really speaking about Tupac...

Basically I meant : west coast rap promotes the violence, while the east coast rap condemns it.