The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

Very sad to hear. When I was younger (like 8 years old or so) everything I associated with Brazil was kids playing football.

Here in Austria you rarely see kids playing football on a football field (!) too. TVs, Internet and lots of other stuff are ruining some good stuff our generations used to do. A shame, really.

It is the price of development: cars, industries, tv, internet, etc; makes it all very dangerous and uninteresting and as the time goes by, more and more kids will be prevented from doing so.

When I was a kid (until my 11-12s), I lived in a dead end street. I used to go back from school (I used to even go to it wearing futsal boots so I didnt have to change at home, lol), drop my backpack at home and go to the street play with my friends. We spent the whole afternoon playing 'taco' (Brazilian cricket), kite, football and even basketball (my buddie's dad bought us a hoop). Now (and the worst part is that I am not an 80 yo saying this, I still have 19!), all I see are people with their iPhones and iPads or even their Playstasions and Xbox. I mean, come on, where is all the fun?

Now, whenever I want to play football, I either have to rent a fucking pitch or I need to drive almost 100km to get out of the city. What the fuck is that? Absolutely horrific. How are young people going to have fun? From what I feel, they dont even see each other after school. They go online to talk and play. Then, we see lonely boys all over the internet (not intended to anyone in the forum). Where are the days friends spent the whole day at each other's house and have sleep overs? How can you build a strong friendship without having fun together and sharing secrets or talking about pretty girls at school?

My cousin who is 13, knows nothing of what I just talked about. He hasn't lived any of this. He doest know how to ride a bicycle nor a skate. When I was his age, the amount of distance I had ridden on both was enough to reach Stamford Bridge. He also rarely go out with his friends nor invite them to sleep or anything. This is not normal in my world...

Tell me, if things be in the future if things continue to follow this path, I fear for my possible kids!

EDIT: I live in a big city, so in other places of Brazil, this still happens a lot. I just fear for how long though! :(

Alone on ANZAC Day. Everything feels kind of hollow. No BBQ, no ANZAC biscuits, no games of two-up, no beers, no games of pool at the pub. I hate this. Just sitting in my room watching the Dawn Service at Gallipoli.

What the fuck is this shit? I'm not Scottish. Sure my facial hair has a red tint to it but that does not give you the right to insult me so harshly.

Hahaha, if your facial hair has a red tint to it then wow maybe you are Scottish. I don't know though but there is a 10% chance you could be as awesome as me then.

:Goober:

I suppose if your not Scottish your still awesome since you are the Spike Spiegel.

Hahaha, if your facial hair has a red tint to it then wow maybe you are Scottish. I don't know though but there is a 10% chance you could be as awesome as me then.

:Goober:

It does have a red tint but I'm not Scottish because I wasn't suckled on a teat of whiskey. Nor do I look like a mule.

Also I'm 5'9" (almost 5'10" fuck yeeaah) and that's practically a midget in Scotland.

Not always. I'd say generally Scottish people aren't as big as their made out to be tbh. The average height is probably about 5 ft 9-11 ish but that's just my guess. You get the occasional guys who are 16-19 years old who are like 6 ft and on wards but that's the same with most countries.

Not always. I'd say generally Scottish people aren't as big as their made out to be tbh. The average height is probably about 5 ft 9-11 ish but that's just my guess. You get the occasional guys who are 16-19 years old who are like 6 ft and on wards but that's the same with most countries.

All the Scottmen I've met have been giants and the Scottwomen I've met have been shorter than me.

And some countries are taller than others. Australia isn't a tall country because most of the population is Irish/English and they aren't overly tall people. Whereas in Germany and Scandanaivan countries the people are huge.

Of course there is always going to be short people...

Also I'm 5'9" (almost 5'10" fuck yeeaah) and that's practically a midget in Scotland.

My son is 6'1" (186cm) and he just turned 16! Of course, he is still growing! He also only ways about 55 kg!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

First year of university done, now a holiday of over four months. :yay:

Would be nice to get a job for at least a couple of months for the summer but unemployment percentages are ridiculously high here right now and students are probably the first ones to be left without a job so I'm not holding my breath. I guess I'll just be posting at TC, playing FM and drinking for the whole summer then. :lol:

Is it that bad? I haven't heard from anything from my girlfriend's family that the employment has gone down. Anyway they are from Tampere, so that may change there.

My son is 6'1" (186cm) and he just turned 16! Of course, he is still growing! He also only ways about 55 kg!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Your son is a twig. How is he alive at 55kg? What am I 73kg?

Is it that bad? I haven't heard from anything from my girlfriend's family that the employment has gone down. Anyway they are from Tampere, so that may change there.

Generally the unemployment rates aren't that much worse than what we usually have here in Finland but I was mostly talking about my own line of work, construction, and at least here in my hometown Jyväskylä this particular business isn't doing too well at the moment so a summer job is pretty hard to come by and I haven't even bothered looking for a job elsewhere because I simply can't afford to pay for two apartments at the same time and having a car is expensive as fuck here. Studying Civil Engineering so it would be nice to get some working experience from the construction business before next year's internship period but I don't mind having a proper summer holiday for once either. ;)