The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

:ph34r: , I always get a ticket, BUT, i get it for the way back when its off peak, as that costs me 4.90 from greenwich, but if i get one in the morning it costs me 12.00. And the fine is 20 quid which is stupid... If i don't get caught 3 times i make a saving if i get caught the 4th time lol... Also because the train is so packed when i leave in the morning there is never a ticket man on there and hasn't been for a year and a half... :D *touches wood

Owww mate we've tried so many tactics its become a hobby the conductors know us on the line and have a genuine hatred for us. Here's a number of tactics.

1. The traditional move up and down the train sit at the top wait until he passes you to open the doors and then move somewhere he has already checked hoping to blend in, possibly read a paper, pretend to be on the phone or ask a stranger for the time to give the impression you've been there a while.

2. Use a old ticket, most have become wise but in the olden days, done with enough confidence many wouldn't investigate.

3. If there is a guy on the door at the station you go in at, time it so you don't have time to buy a ticket before getting on. (They have to let you through) or if there is a card machine beyond their check point claim your using that. Play about with it for a bit then walk on quickly.

4. If there is someone checking at the station you get of at look into getting of a stop earlier and walking i get of one early and it takes about a 10 minute walk.

5. Use a card on which there is no cash, often they will say just buy one when you get there.

6. Change the ticket with a pen. Probably the most risky as a friend got caught and prosecuted but judge it on a case by case basis.

7. If a friend has got charged borrow their "out ticket" and place it in front of a old "return" obscuring the date of the old one and making it seem like the correct days.

8. Work with a friend and try to pass the ticket. Probably works best for one to sit on a seat the row in front. The first person shows it early and then as he's checking the people to the side of him on the row slip it through the side of the chair into friends pocket or hand.

9. If in a big group sit tight and occasionally if the group is distracting him he or she will often miss out at least one person.

Confidence is key. Good luck comrade.

:mouthclosed:

So you never had the "classroom crush" in 1st grade?

What is first grade... I never had a classroom crush in year 7 (Which is when i went to an all boys school (11)) becuase if i did it would have been a bloke... But, my geography teacher was HOT!

What is first grade... I never had a classroom crush in year 7 (Which is when i went to an all boys school (11)) becuase if i did it would have been a bloke... But, my geography teacher was HOT!

I thought you used the same system as USA (1st to 12th grade), sorry...

What is the point of having an all boys or girls school. Isnt it a bit gay (I am not trying to be rude)?

Owww mate we've tried so many tactics its become a hobby the conductors know us on the line and have a genuine hatred for us. Here's a number of tactics.

1. The traditional move up and down the train sit at the top wait until he passes you to open the doors and then move somewhere he has already checked hoping to blend in, possibly read a paper, pretend to be on the phone or ask a stranger for the time to give the impression you've been there a while.

2. Use a old ticket, most have become wise but in the olden days, done with enough confidence many wouldn't investigate.

3. If there is a guy on the door at the station you go in at, time it so you don't have time to buy a ticket before getting on. (They have to let you through) or if there is a card machine beyond their check point claim your using that. Play about with it for a bit then walk on quickly.

4. If there is someone checking at the station you get of at look into getting of a stop earlier and walking i get of one early and it takes about a 10 minute walk.

5. Use a card on which there is no cash, often they will say just buy one when you get there.

6. Change the ticket with a pen. Probably the most risky as a friend got caught and prosecuted but judge it on a case by case basis.

7. If a friend has got charged borrow their "out ticket" and place it in front of a old "return" obscuring the date of the old one and making it seem like the correct days.

8. Work with a friend and try to pass the ticket. Probably works best for one to sit on a seat the row in front. The first person shows it early and then as he's checking the people to the side of him on the row slip it through the side of the chair into friends pocket or hand.

9. If in a big group sit tight and occasionally if the group is distracting him he or she will often miss out at least one person.

Confidence is key. Good luck comrade.

Lol, you are clearly a seasoned veteran... We got caught once on a train by two blokes who wasn't doing the whole train and was just taking the train to get to a different station and they decided to check a carriage before our stop but we talked our way out of it and said the ticket machine was broken and the ticket bloke at gravesend said we could get a ticket at the other end.... He then said "Oh yeah i know the blokes who work there, what did he look like, and we were like....ERRRR average height, dark hair, eyes, 2 ears and a nose... :D

I thought you used the same system as USA (1st to 12th grade), sorry...

What is the point of having an all boys or girls school. Isnt it a bit gay (I am not trying to be rude)?

I think the theory is that we get distracted if there are girls as well... Most schools are mixed but i went to gravesend grammar school which is all boys, but there is also a gravesend grammar school for girls so, for all school scheduled parties ( :cry: ) and proms etc we would all be together.

yes. Yes it is. I hated it. the school I am at now is all girls aged 11-16 and mixed sex for 16-18 and the younger girls are annoying as fuck

Stop winning, I know you liked the man love from your previous school.

I know you loved P.E.! :ph34r:

Stop winning, I know you liked the man love from your previous school.

I know you loved P.E.! :ph34r:

oh yeah i did love PE at the boys school especially if they wore really tight shorts :ph34r:

We mainly just played football in PE, occasionally basketball, athletics and tennis or rugby but we would always force the teacher to let us do football

Lol, you are clearly a seasoned veteran... We got caught once on a train by two blokes who wasn't doing the whole train and was just taking the train to get to a different station and they decided to check a carriage before our stop but we talked our way out of it and said the ticket machine was broken and the ticket bloke at gravesend said we could get a ticket at the other end.... He then said "Oh yeah i know the blokes who work there, what did he look like, and we were like....ERRRR average height, dark hair, eyes, 2 ears and a nose... :D

I think the theory is that we get distracted if there are girls as well... Most schools are mixed but i went to gravesend grammar school which is all boys, but there is also a gravesend grammar school for girls so, for all school scheduled parties ( :cry: ) and proms etc we would all be together.

That does make sense, it is still awkward though.

It is really cool to be in a mixed class!