The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

He was deaf because 'was' is past tense and past tense is used becuase Beethoven lived and died in the past. And yes, I'm well aware of the fact that Beethonve became deaf in his later years.

HAHAHAHAHA, dont try to make yourself correct! :clown:

he, like messi was one of those players who was sooo humble and never dived or got pissed when he was hurt

I believe Messi is very egotistical but he is just more reserved in front of the media and public unlike Ricardo Kaká who I imagine is one of the nicest people on the planet. Besides the media white washes and sometimes ignores Messi's transgressions.

For instance during the Champions League final at Wembley against ManUtd after Messi scored he ran along and punted the absolute fuck out of a boom mic. Nobody batted and eyelash yet if someone like Ronaldo or Terry did something like that the media would be all over it saying things like "Ronaldo thinks he can do whatever he wants", "Terry has no respect for technology" among other terrible and pointless headlines. My example wasn't the greatest but I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

I believe Messi is very egotistical but he is just more reserved in front of the media and public unlike Ricardo Kaká who I imagine is one of the nicest people on the planet. Besides the media white washes and sometimes ignores Messi's transgressions.

For instance during the Champions League final at Wembley against ManUtd after Messi scored he ran along and punted the absolute fuck out of a boom mic. Nobody batted and eyelash yet if someone like Ronaldo or Terry did something like that the media would be all over it saying things like "Ronaldo thinks he can do whatever he wants", "Terry has no respect for technology" among other terrible and pointless headlines. My example wasn't the greatest but I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

I see what your sayin but Leo is a really nice guy aswell... Maybe not as nice as Kaka but on the football pitch I thinl they're both similar in the way that they ride challenges and get on with the game instead of being theatrical like a Ronaldo or an Ashley Young.

But do you know who is really egotistical.... Xavi Hernandez! He's sooo cocky

Fiona Apple has been arrested for possession of hash... I guess she was a criminal after all.

Speaking of the absurdity of the war on drugs, for all you intellectual types, a fantastic story in the New Yorker about how police are using minor drug charges to get people to turn into drug informants. (This is what journalism should be, not endless stories about celebrities, or "gotcha" moments for politicians, but bringing a systemic problem to light.) .

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2012/09/03/120903fa_fact_stillman

The absurdity of the war on drugs is that we've never fought a war on drugs at all.

I don't know about what's been done in England, but I was referring to the War on Drugs which is a series of horribly failed anti-drug laws and campaigns by the American government.

Speaking of the absurdity of the war on drugs, for all you intellectual types, a fantastic story in the New Yorker about how police are using minor drug charges to get people to turn into drug informants. (This is what journalism should be, not endless stories about celebrities, or "gotcha" moments for politicians, but bringing a systemic problem to light.) .

http://www.newyorker...a_fact_stillman

Yes I subscribe for NEW YORKER, it has a very serious and exceptional job with its editors!

Half of the magazine is only for new yorkers (ins and abouts the town) but the other half is composed of film and book reviews, cartoons (really famous) and 1-2 major articles (coul be about anything, editor choice).

Amazing Magazine IMO.

Yes I subscribe for NEW YORKER, it has a very serious and exceptional job with its editors!

Half of the magazine is only for new yorkers (ins and abouts the town) but the other half is composed of film and book reviews, cartoons (really famous) and 1-2 major articles (coul be about anything, editor choice).

I still think the best magazine around. I even read the "about town" stuff because although it's about New York, it's often about an interesting new off-Broadway play or something. I also think their arts critics are excellent and they sometimes have some very good fiction as well.